Thursday, September 15, 2011

2011-09-15 "UC Berkeley Police Abuse Treesitters" by Jasmine Malina
UC Berkeley Police harassed me in association with the tree sit in Peoples Park. They came to my bedside in the hospital, and asked me questions directed towards my relationship with one of the treesitters who is now in jail on seperate charges.
They proceeded to ask me personal questions and threated that if I did not cooperate that they would claim to the media that he pushed me out of the tree and reveal personal information regarding my gender identity.
When I refused to cooperate they told me that they had put the treesitter in custody in Santa Rita Jail, when I began to cry they took pictures of my face and laughed at me mockingly.
Please do not let them get away with this, spread the word and take action.

2011-09-15 "Treesitter 'Amy Blue' harrased by Uc Berkeley Police at her hospital bed" by anonymous
[http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2011/09/15/18690436.php]
Two police officers came to her bedside asking her questions about her involvement in the treesit and her relationship to the other treesitters, when she refused to cooperate they took pictures of her face while she was crying.
I have been informed by Amy from her hospital bed that the following account happened while she was in Highland Hospital:
UC Berkeley Police harassed me in association with the tree sit in Peoples Park. They came to my bedside in the hospital, and asked me questions directed towards my relationship with one of the treesitters who is now in jail on seperate charges. They proceeded to ask me personal questions and threated that if I did not cooperate that they would claim to the media that he pushed me out of the tree and reveal personal information regarding my gender identity. When I refused to cooperate they told me that they had put the treesitter in custody in Santa Rita Jail, when I began to cry they took pictures of my face and laughed at me mockingly. Please do not let them get away with this, spread the word and take action

Comments:
2011-09-16 "Context" by Konsider -
You should have included the details of the tree sit so as to put the incident in context for readers.
Amy Blue fell out of a tree at three in the morning ending a tree sit occupation underway in People's park. Amy was the third tree sitter to have taken up the action primarily organized by Running Wolf.
The precise details of why Amy fell, and what then happened to her, have been unknown until the recent email reprinted in your post. As to the injuries she sustained, I am not altogether sure, they're apparently not as substantial as some feared because she's out of the hospital now, but again, details are missing from your post needed to clarify what's going on.
The reasons for the tree sit are multiple, and they include bringing attention to a letter recently drafted by the organization known as the Telegraph Ave. Business Improvement Association urging the University to get rid of social services such as Food Not Bombs, whom they say bring homeless deviants to the park, thus blighting it's appeal.
The letter too, calls for making People's park University student oriented which they claim would provide a more wholesome and attractive environment.
Another reason for the tree sit includes Running Wolf's claim that tree sitting is a necessary way to show that people's Park is situated on Native American land.
The particular background circumstances that initiated the tree sit, and what then resulted, are crucial to understanding what we are dealing with.

2011-09-16 "wrong!" by berzerkeley -
I have been inviolved in the treesit since the beginning and actually she was the second to go up and she is suffering from a broken pelvis and spinal fractures and a lacerated spleen.


2011-09-17 "Support for treesitter who was arrested at people's Park tree sit" by Amy Blue
[http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2011/09/17/18690581.php]
I have been writing to my comrade 'Oberon' who was also involved with the treesit but was arrested. He is currently in jail and has no money on his account, which means he cannot afford stamps, envelopes, hygene supplies, ect. I am currently unemployed and have a bunch of hospital bills. Due to my fall from a platform. If you can help donate and put money on his account, please email me at, lavendardeodarant [at] gmail.com, and I will give you the information on how to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment