Tune in Thursdays 4 to 5pm (PST), at 89.5FM in the northeast San Pablo Bay Area, or online at [is.gd/kJ1EUt].
Hosted by Dr.G., Minister of Information of the Bay Area Movement for a People's Democracy (MPD)[peoplesdemocracybayarea.blogspot.com].
Be a Community Journalist with our Community Journalist's Notebook [link]. Send news & info to [PeoplesDemocracyBayArea@) gmail.com].
Archived webpages at (archive.org) and at (archive.is) are available even if the original is taken down. News links are provided for educational purposes only, and do not constitute an endorsement of political tendencies, or, of foreign governments. Circumvent "Error 451" [archive.is/WOZXx] by using the proxy server at [webproxy.to] or, by using Tor Browser [is.gd/r18EVD].
A list of gatherings, workshops, and educational events in the greater Bay Area region
New National Holiday: Occupy Day.
Re-occupy your local civic building (city hall, county government building etc.) on November 17th for one day!
Let's commemorate the spontaneous leaderless movement and learn constructive lessons.
Unite. Reflect. Proceed.
Please invite your friends lists and also share the event on your timelines!!!!!
Stories are reviewed and provided by Bay Area MPD Committees and Affiliates
BAY AREA SOLIDARITY
Updates on campaigns for Peace, Justice, & Freedom across the greater Bay Area, Norcal, and Socal
* "Keep Up the Pressure! Justice for Sean Arlt!" event page [archive.is/C1jan]:
Keep Up the Pressure! Justice for Sean Arlt!
Release the Video, Audio, and Names of his Police Killers!
Hold the Cops, Politicians, and DA Accountable! No to Laura’s Law!
Protest at Laurel & Center Street (Next to The Santa Cruz Police Station)
Thursday, November 10th, 1:30 PM
Coffee and baked treats will be available. Speak out. Bring signs and more people.
Police claim they killed Sean Arlt to prevent him from attacking them with a garden rake. They
also say audio and video back their story. We say prove it. Release the audio and the video NOW! We are outraged at the stonewalling by City Manager Martin Bernal, Police Chief Kevin Vogel, Mayor
Cynthia Mathews, and the entire Santa Cruz City Council--allowing the police to withhold the name of Arlt's killer as well as the video and audio of the incident.
Even if the police version of events is true, which we in no way assume to be the case, we ask
why four cops could not subdue Sean Arlt without shooting him in the head and chest. Why weren’t
tactics of de-escalation used? Why didn’t police use less lethal force like a Taser or aim for his legs?
We are also outraged at the corporate media’s coverage, taking the unproven allegations of the
police as fact. For instance, stories that identify Sean Arlt as “the man who attacked police with a metal rake” should insert the word “allegedly”. Until the police release their evidence, all we have is an unproven allegation by the police. The corporate media shows bias by treating police claims as fact.
We are reminded of the Santa Cruz police murder of homeless activist John Dine in 1997. The
police falsely claimed that John Dine was pointing a toy gun at them, but all independent eyewitnesses contradicted this lie. Some eyewitnesses were so outraged that they became activists on the issue.
We also oppose calls by the Santa Cruz Sentinel and the anti-homeless fascists of Take Back
Santa Cruz for Laura’s Law to be implemented in Santa Cruz in the wake of this police killing. Laura’s Law increases police powers over people diagnosed with mental illness. Forced drugging and increased powers of involuntary detention are both part of Laura’s Law. Yet, many psychiatric drugs are unproven, addicting, and dangerous. People “off their meds” sometimes act crazy, not because they are in their true un-drugged state, but because they are going through withdrawals. Though some may find drugs helpful, medication must be a matter of personal choice not state coercion.
Nigeria, which does not have the massive drugging for schizophrenia that the U.S. does, has a
higher recovery rate for that condition than the United States. Likewise, so-called anti-depressants
knock people off their rocker so badly that they increase suicidal and homicidal behavior in patients.
Over time, these types of drugs cause early death by destroying the liver and other internal organs.
Santa Cruz should not get into the business of forcing people to take these drugs against their will. Sean Arlt, a father of a four-year old child, did suffer mental illness. This police killing, however, should not be used to increase police powers over people diagnosed with mental illness.
“Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them, and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress…. “If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and deprecate agitation…want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning.” -Frederick Douglass
Sponsored by Homeless United Friendship and Freedom (HUFF) and the Revolutionary Tendency (RT)
Endorse and build the event. Contact RT at steveargue2 [at] yahoo.com or HUFF at (831) 423-4833
Facebook Event Page [facebook.com/events/1025101160932432].
* (2016-11-09, Cat Brooks):
Many of us woke up confused, scared, shocked and traumatized.
I honor that and hope you take the day or week to process and feel.
That said -
This is a country that wages open warfare and genocide on Black people
This is a country that pollutes native lands in the name of profit
This is a country that wages unapologetic war on people of color in other nations in the name of capitalism and greed
This is a country that pours guns and drugs into Black and Brown communities
This is a country that engages in modern day slavery in the form of the prison industrial complex in the name
This is a country that was born out
Of rape and theft and slavery and blood
This is Amerikkka.
This has has ALWAYS been Amerikkka.
This WILL Always be Amerikkka.
There is no shock here.
There is no surprise here.
The only thing that changed this morning is she unmasked herself.
And the only real question is what are YOU gonna do about it?
I have joked in past posts that I would leave if Trump was selected.
But I am not going anywhere.
In the words of my brother Tur-Ha Ak "Why would you leave now when the people need you the most."
This is not the time for despair.
This is not the time for fear.
This is the time to put your gangsgta boots on
This is the time to train
This is the time to study
This is the time to organize
This is the time to divest from the state and invest in the people
This is the time to leave rhetoric and slogans behind in the name of tactical and strategic action
This is the time to spit in the face of compromise and empty promises of an Amerikkka that will one day work for you
This is the time to fight
For our people
For our land
For our communities
For our children
For our liberation
This is GO time
We been telling you this ain't a game. Do you believe us now? Are you done asking massa for scraps?
Are you ready start building the roadmap to self-determination?
The real work starts now
Let's get it
I love you
BAY AREA SOLIDARITY: Updates on campaigns across the Nation!
* "HBCU Protesters Arrested, Pepper Sprayed for Calling Out School Administration for Hosting David Duke" (2016-11-03, atlantablackstar.com) [archive.is/VGOQm]
* "Furious students clash with police at historically black Louisiana university in protest at ex-KKK leader David Duke attending Senate debate; Protests kicked off Wednesday evening as students and protesters tried to enter university debate hall; They grappled with cops as pepper spray was deployed. At least one officer was hit with pepper spray; Students were barred, along with unvetted media, per pre-established rules by sponsors Raycom Media; Dillard University agreed to hold a debate for the Louisiana senate debates before candidates were picked; But Duke passed the 5% threshold set by sponsor Raycom so had to be included, Dillard said; At least four protesters were detained by police and one was arrested for trespassing" (2016-11-02, dailymail.co.uk) [archive.is/Fqz0B]
* Photo (2016-11-03) [archive.is/WZ5Us], caption: Take a good, hard look at this picture. This is at Dillard. An HBCU. In Louisiana. Where, last night, David Duke, former grand wizard of the kkk, participated in a senatorial debate. In an auditorium. AT AN HBCU. A debate from which Dillard students were barred. As well as "unvetted media." By an HBCU administration that, at first, didn't realize it would be hosting a Klansman--until it did, and then proceeded anyway to welcome said debate and MF KLANSMAN on its BLACK ASS STAGE because... hell, I still can't figure out why. Because in my mind, no matter what you agreed to let happen on your BLACK ASS STAGE, if you find out a klansman is involved, you shut shit down. PERIOD. And you most certainly do not sic police on your students. As detailed in this picture. In which Black cops are pointing tasers and pepper spray at Black students protesting the fact that a klansman is on their HBCU campus, on their BLACK ASS STAGE, spewing hate against Jews and calling for Hillary Clinton to be executed. *insert long, blank, dead fish-eyed stare here* What In TF Is Wrong With These People?! #WakeUp!
From out in the UKGB -
* "Million Mask March: Anonymous London demo faces police crackdown" (2016-11-04, rt.com) [archive.is/7tTpJ]
SOLIDARITY WITH THE NEW AFRICAN NATION!
Black Power! Revive the Community! Defend the Nation!
National News [blackagendareport.com] [atlantablackstar.com] [sfbayview.com]
* "King Samir Shabazz Survival life" (retrieved 2016-11-06) [archive.is/Blt1w]:
For 30 long years this man has given everything he has to sacrifice for the liberation of black people and he deserves our respect and our support so let us pool our resources and help this black man continue on his journey of teaching us black survival and helping the black race get free. He has never asked for anything, so it is time that we help him help the people. Whatever you can donate will be humbly appreciated and will be forever grateful. If you say you truly love him show your support and send a donation because we must support our Warriors in the battlefield Just as America supports their troops at battle, no more excuses we must make sacrifices for our leaders.
Donate at [gofundme.com/king-samir-shabazz-survival-life]
How White American Supremacists are convinced their nation is being "oppressed" by New Afrikans...
* "Two White Men Doused With Gasoline, Set on Fire By BLM Near Baltimore" (2016-09-27, usatwentyfour.com) [archive.is/QpYbF]
Yet, this was not a politically-motivated incident...
* "Not So Fastoline; A video showing two men on fire was shared with the false claims that it involved the Black Lives Matter movement and that the mainstream media were ignoring the story" (2015-09-30, snopes.com) [archive.is/vSmiC]
* "2 men doused with gasoline set on fire; man charged Victims hospitalized in critical condition" (updated 2015-12-07, wbaltv.com) [archive.is/MGARq]
information collected by the Worker's Defense Committee [is.gd/VOkmLr]
* "Solidarity with Railway Workers Union in South Korea" (2016-11-07, wftucentral.org) [archive.is/vnyjR]:
The World Federation of Trade Unions, representing more than 92 million workers in every corner of the world, expresses its solidarity with Korean Railway Workers’ Union and with the struggle of the railway and subway workers of the Republic of Korea, who are on strike for 6 weeks.
We are on your side and we support your struggle against the government’s performance-based pay system and for stable employment with decent salary and rights.
We call on the workers to continue their struggle until the fulfillment of their demands and we call all workers of South Korea to stand in solidarity with the strike of the subway and railway workers.
COMMUNITY FASCISM WATCH
Community Fascism in Vallejo, the "City of God":
* "VMT contributes $5,000 to JumpStart Vallejo" (2016-11-08, timesheraldonline.com) [archive.is/k7poe]
* "Jumping at Straws" (2016-11-04, voicesofvallejo.com) [archive.is/P8FHA]:
The glossy JumpStart PAC hit piece showing up in Vallejo mailboxes at the last minute smacks of desperation, as they feel their grip on the controls of local government slipping. They can’t even identify the targets responsible for all their grievances except as shadowy “so-called progressives,” which leaves them running against the ghosts of elections past. They devote an entire page to a fine levied against a PAC from three years ago that has played no role in this election at all. They conveniently forget the even larger fine levied against the police union PAC allied with JumpStart that fought Measure A, which voters passed to remove the binding arbitration requirement for resolving contract disputes.
In a wildly over the top claim they blame these generic “Naysayers” for the city’s bankruptcy. Citing a mythical period of progressive control of the council, they have the gall to point fingers at others for the loss of police and fire protection. In fact the lavish public safety union contracts, well beyond what the city could afford, combined with their insistence on using binding arbitration were major contributors to the bankruptcy and subsequent loss of services.
Apparently these horrible straw man Naysayers fight almost every business that wants to come to Vallejo because they oppose growth of any kind. Imagine! I’ve never actually met any of this breed of progressive. I do know many who selectively oppose dumb projects like a proposed polluting cement plant on a site now surrounded by schools and neighborhoods whose residents already suffer health impacts from nearby industry. These progressives also favor economic development that looks to future opportunities for growth instead of trying to recreate a fading echo of past industrial glory days that will never return.
The catchy JumpStart propaganda slogan says that progress never starts with no. Actually, it often does. Saying no to the JumpStart slate and voting for every candidate they attack in their glossy flyer would certainly be a giant step forward. If you want to vote for independent candidates who will bring some common sense to promoting economic development your candidates are:
- Bob Sampayan for Mayor;
- Mina Diaz, Liat Meitzenheimer, and Robert McConnell for City Council;
- and Monica Brown for Supervisor.
When it comes to JumpStart - it pays to say nay.
Documenting human-rights abuse by domestic security agencies
[NorthbayCopwatch.blogspot.com] [copblock.org] [wecopwatch.org] [filmingcops.com]
* (2016-11-10, Matt Florence): Rubber bullets are banned in the UK because British soldiers kept using them to kill children in Ireland, the youngest was 10 year old Stephen Geddis. Keep that in mind next time the USA police shoot on unarmed protesters with rubber bullets. Here are some of the youngest Irish children to be killed when shot by British soldiers, their age is in brackets.
Stephen Geddis (10), Francis Rowntree (11), Stephen McConomy (11), Brian Stewart (13), Carol Ann Kelly (12).
* "No one is helped when police officers train for war" (2016-10-25, sfchronicle.com) [archive.is/gh7Op]
* "2 NYPD cops shot in Bronx, conditions unknown" (2016-11-04, rt.com) [archive.is/XbK6q]
NORTHBAY COPWATCH: Judiciary Watch
* "Police Say It’s Unconstitutional To Mandate Drug Testing On Officers" (2015-12-31, countercurrentnews.com) [archive.is/JcA5l]
* "Pittsburgh police union files civil rights grievance over officer drug, alcohol testing" (2015-12-03, wpxi.com) [archive.is/NUOMM]
As it would appear that a Police Department's relationship with a Judicial Circuit would be impeccable, one might infer that this argument for a constitutional mandate may seem reasonable to be brought forward to their version of an arbitration court... therefore this idea that drug testing is "unconstitutional" is perplexingly straightforward yet no judge appears to have overturned such unconstitutional practices, usually persuaded against such action at the behest of the Police Unions and fraternal organizations...
* "Tennessee troopers set up 'no refusal' checkpoints with mandatory enforcement during New Year's celebrations" (2015-12-30, WVLT - Knoxville, TN, timesfreepress.com) [archive.is/skW5X]
Why would a Police Dept. refuse to submit to drug testing?
* "Florida Cops Laundered Millions For Drug Cartels, Failed To Make A Single Arrest" (2015-07-10, forbes.com) [archive.is/bXUwM]
* "Entire Florida police department busted for laundering millions for international drug cartels" (2016-01-02, rawstory.com) [archive.is/BlKfc]
NORTHBAY COPWATCH: Domestic Security Agencies and private-sector partners
* "DDoS attack on WikiLeaks stymies new #PodestaEmails release" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/gHuFO]
* (2016-11-10, Matt Florence, journalist):
Wikileaks has -
* Exposed the TTIP trade deal which would have allowed corporations to sue governments which nationalise their assets.
* Published manuals given to Guantanamo bay guards.
* Proved the USA was hiding prisoners from the Red Cross.
* Published Democratic Party emails which proved Hillary and her friends stacked the deck against Bernie Sanders.
* Published the Iraq and Afghanistan war logs which showed how the USA kept 15,000 kills a secret from the public.
* Proved that oil company Trafigura convinced a British court to censor the BBC and the Guardian to hide their toxic dumping from the public.
* Published a video called 'Collateral Murder' showing USA pilots gunning down unarmed civilians (and 2 journalists) for fun and laughing after open firing on a bus carrying children to school.
* Proved that the USA was spying on 3 French presidents, German chancellor Angela Merkel, and the UN general secretary Ban Ki-moon
* "Zakharchenko's new Facebook page blocked" (2015-10-30, fort-russ.com) [archive.is/8Nsx2]
* " ‘This is treason’: Clinton’s email server reportedly exposed to hackers of 5 spy agencies" (2016-11-04, rt.com) [archive.is/PrU9A]
* "FBI Says a Laptop That Held Clinton’s E-Mails Has Gone Missing; The e-mails were deleted but the hard drive wasn’t wiped: FBI Blue Arrow Agency says laptop’s whereabouts unknown since it was mailed" (2016-09-02, bloomberg.com) [archive.is/QhcID]
False Flag scenario?
* "Possible Al-Qaeda attacks on Election Day? Anonymous report gets mixed reaction online" (2016-11-04, rt.com) [archive.is/2HNef]
NORTHBAY COPWATCH: International Security Agencies, the Five-Eyes, and transnational partners
* "Canada’s reporter monitoring shows disregard for human rights – free press advocate to RT" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/lDP71]
* "Leave those kids alone! Thousands of schoolchildren being spied on without their knowledge" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/pYJrw]
* "Computing Israeli Hacking Firm Said to Be Behind Groundbreaking iOS Malware; NSO Group, a firm that trades in spyware, stands accused of peddling an unprecedented attack on iPhones" (2016-08-26, technologyreview.com) [archive.is/ULRHY]
* "Turkey cracks down on social media – not for the first time" (2016-11-04, rt.com) [archive.is/ZSxgw]
from the Committee to
FREE 'EM ALL!
End the Drug War! Stop Jim Crow! Close the Torture Chambers! [solitarywatch.com] [facebook.com/incarceratedworkers] [supportprisonerresistance.noblogs.org] [denverabc.wordpress.com] [prisonlegalnews.org] [prisonbooks.info] [nycabc.wordpress.com] [powmedicaljustice.com] [sacprisonersupport.wordpress.com]. Become a Human Rights Pen Pal! [link].
* "Mother of jailed pilot threatens self-immolation if US does not return him to Russia" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/RoENU]
* "Raw deal? Stockton mother faces jail time for selling homemade ceviche" (2016-11-07, latimes.com) [archive.is/sVBGe]: Mariza Ruelas’ homemade dishes gained a small following among friends and family on the 209 Food Spot on Facebook, a community of thousands of Northern Californians who share recipes, cooking tips and occasionally swap dishes for favors or other meals.
Ruelas was especially proud of her ceviche, a Latin American dish of citrus-marinated raw fish or other seafood served cold.
So when she had leftovers in December, the 37-year-old single unemployed mother of six posted a photo of it on Facebook and offered group members a plate; her price was $12 for 32 ounces.
One man took her up on the offer and drove to Ruelas’ home, paid her cash and left with his meal.
But that man turned out to be an undercover investigator, and soon Ruelas got a letter in July from the San Joaquin County district attorney’s office.
The ceviche purchase was part of a sting and the letter informed Ruelas that she was one of several people who were charged with misdemeanors for operating a food facility and a business without a license.
When the group of mostly women she saw showed up in court, Ruelas said, prospective plea agreements awaited them, ready to be signed.
Most of the offers gave the defendants a year of probation, 40 hours of community service and $250 in fines. But Ruelas said hers was different – she was offered three years’ probation and 80 hours of community service. She said it was her punishment for refusing to take down her posts about the ceviche incident from social media.
Ruelas thought that was unjust, so she refused to sign the plea agreement.
Instead of changing their deal, court records show, prosecutors instead attempted to add two more misdemeanor charges to Ruelas’ case, pending a ruling from a judge later this week. If that happens, she could conceivably face two years of jail time — though it’s unclear how realistic such a sentence would be.
“This amendment came after she asserted her right to a trial,” noted Ruelas’ public defender, Benjamin Hall.
Hall declined to speculate on why Deputy Dist. Atty. Kelly McDaniel was adding additional counts, but said that prosecuting his client goes against the spirit of the law’s intent.
“Obviously there needs to be food safety. On the other hand, this is not the kind of thing these laws were meant to go after. They were intended for people who build restaurants and don’t obtain permits,” Hall said. “And it’s not that situation. It’s a community of people joined by food.”
McDaniel was unavailable for comment Monday, but defended the case to KTXL-TV in an interview last week.
“I don’t write the laws, I enforce them and the Legislature has felt that this is a crime,” she said. “Food prepared in a facility that has not been inspected creates a risk to the public.”
Ruelas defended herself on Facebook, writing “I gave the same food away that I fed to my family never would I bring them any harm.”
“This is something I did at most twice a month,” she told the Times. “Like I told everybody else, I’m by myself. My kids go to four different schools. This group was helpful for me. For those days where my mom has dialysis, you can say ‘is anyone willing to trade? I’ll get you this weekend.”
Ruelas said she is willing to pay a fine.
“I just don’t want a record,” she said.
* "Woman Fighting Fine For Selling Tamales Without Permit" (2016-08-11, dfw.cbslocal.com) [archive.is/Pw6Zr]
* Dennise's Court Fund (retrieved 2016-08-23, gofundme.com) [archive.is/4WI8B]
* "Stateless ‘ghost’ people needlessly locked up in British prisons – legal experts" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/N3Xgj]
LIBERATION FOR ALL GENDERS!
THE HUMAN RIGHT TO EXISTENCE MUST BE PROTECTED!
* "Mexican lawmakers reject president's bid to legalize gay marriage nationwide" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/ZevjA]
articles recommended by the
SAN PABLO BAY ECOLOGICAL PRESERVATION ASSOCIATION
Campaigns, info, and more [SanPabloBayEPA.blogspot.com]. Science [discardstudies.com]. [blog.savesfbay.org]
* "Feds to Auction Off Ohio's Only National Forest to Fracking" (2016-11-02, ecowatch.com) [archive.is/lh3YA]
SAN PABLO BAY EPA: Health and the Human Ecology
Monopolists enforce a regime that does not recognize the natural right to health and life. Info [detoxproject.org].
* "Graphic pics on cigarette packs may avert 650,000+ deaths in US – study" (2016-11-06, rt.com) [archive.is/gkQjK] [begin excerpt]: Smoking cigarettes, the key cause of preventable disease and death in the US, accounts for over 480,000 deaths every year, or one in five. Graphic pictorial warnings on cigarette packaging could help prevent over 652,000 of these, a new major study says. [end excerpt]
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH
Documenting the process of fascism and for whom it benefits. [UnitedStatesFascism.blogspot.com] [exposefacts.org]
* "Creating a national security state “democracy”, or, How the American political system changed and no one noticed" (2016-11-04, nationofchange.org) [archive.is/lndoD]
USA FASCISM: Two Party Dictatorship
* "America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds" (2014-04-21, washingtontimes.com) [archive.is/uXZXG]:
America is no longer a democracy — never mind the democratic republic envisioned by Founding Fathers.
Rather, it has taken a turn down elitist lane and become a country led by a small dominant class comprised of powerful members who exert total control over the general population — an oligarchy, said a new study jointly conducted by Princeton and Northwestern universities (.pdf) [is.gd/hPj8Ct].
One finding in the study: The U.S. government now represents the rich and powerful, not the average citizen, United Press International reported.
In the study, “Testing Theories of American Politics: Elites, Interest Groups and Average Citizens,” researchers compared 1,800 different U.S. policies that were put in place by politicians between 1981 and 2002 to the type of policies preferred by the average and wealthy American, or special interest groups.
Researchers then concluded that U.S. policies are formed more by special interest groups than by politicians properly representing the will of the general people, including the lower-income class.
“The central point that emerges from our research is that economic elites and organized groups representing business interests have substantial independent impacts on U.S. government policy, while mass-based interest groups and average citizens have little or no independent influence,” the study found.
The study also found: “When a majority of citizens disagrees with economic elites and/or with organized interests, they generally lose.”
ELECTIONS 2016 [archive.is/Oiwso]:
Oligarchy, government by the few, especially despotic power exercised by a small and privileged group for corrupt or selfish purposes. Aristotle used the term oligarchia to designate the rule of the few when it was exercised not by the best but by bad men unjustly.
* "Lesser of 2 evils? Many American voters support neither candidate" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/fhUiG]
* " ‘Loose cannon’ Trump and ‘war drums’ Clinton: Dr. Jill Stein on RT" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/JXxVq]
* " '50% of Americans are independent. Where’s the representation?' – Gary Johnson to RT" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/77K1s]
* "US doesn’t even have 2 parties, just one endorsing inflationism, Fed & IRS – Ron Paul to RT" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/3W6YG]
* "An election illegally rigged against the 99%: Jill Stein files legal complaint against Clinton and Trump campaigns for violating Super PAC laws" (2016-11-07, jill2016.com) [archive.is/N7a4s], press release [archive.is/czcey]
* (2016-11-08) [archive.is/wnVSF]: Enough said. Vote for the Greater Good. Reject the "Lesser" Evil. #InvestYourVote. #VoteGreen2016
- Comment: Enough said is right! #PardonSnowden #SteinBaraka
- Comment: To clarify what he means by safe, he knows Hillary is going to win by a landslide so nobody has to worry about voting for her just to keep Trump from winning. So by all means vote For #JillStein and help her get that 5% [archive.is/LtZkc]...
* Photo (2016-11-08, facebook.com/shaunking) [archive.is/6KBtj]: Trump legit looks concerned that Melania isn't voting for him.
* "Catholic Church that doubles as polling place hands out flier linking Hillary to Satan" (2016-11-03, rawstory.com) [archive.is/G8ERw]
* "Catholic parish's bulletin says Democratic voters are doomed to hell, Clinton is satanic" (2016-11-02, sandiegouniontribune.com) [archive.is/l5rDE]
* (2016-11-08, facebook.com/berniesanders) [archive.is/vlgRY]: I hope today we defeat Donald Trump, and we defeat him badly. [iwillvote.com]
* "Shades Of 2000? Clinton Surpasses Trump In Popular Vote Tally" (2016-11-09, npr.org) [archive.is/GBf1E]
* "The Democratic Party Establishment Is Finished" (2016-11-09, slate.com) [archive.is/NGoXN]
* " 'Wall Street Plus Identity Politics' Formula is Over for the Democrats; If the Democrats want to win, they have to speak to the real concerns of working people; but how can they when Wall Street dominates the party?" (2016-11-09, therealnews.com) [is.gd/i8TrFz]
* "Presidential election: Donald Trump would have lost if Bernie Sanders had been the candidate; The Vermont senator always said he was a better challenger to Mr Trump" (2016-11-09, independent.co.uk) [archive.is/Jo2Au]
* "Could Bernie have won? Democrats ponder Clinton rout" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/E2gaC]
* "Long lines, equipment failures in a several states during historic US election day" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/rqPQ6]
* " ‘Unacceptable’: Moscow slams US for 'barring Russian diplomats from observing election' " (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/McJVR]
* " ‘WikiLeaks must publish and be damned’: Assange address on US election day" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/effhZ]
* "WikiLeaks: Clinton Camp Rigging Primaries as Early as 2014; Despite Sanders’ surging popularity, he never had a chance" (2016-11-03, observer.com) [archive.is/I1ZSU]
* "These Wikileaks Emails Prove Just What A Monster Hillary Clinton Is; Her empathy for those less fortunate is DISGUSTING" (2016-11-02, huffingtonpost.com) [archive.is/SoeZH]
* "I Was One of the Most Ardent Hillary Haters on the Planet…Until I Read Her Emails" (2016-06-17, by aroli Kuns, managing editor of Crooks and Liars, for bluenationreview.com) [archive.is/kzhC6]
* "If You’re Liberal and You Think Hillary Clinton Is Corrupt and Untrustworthy, You’re Rewarding 25 Years of GOP Smears" (2016-01-31, thedailybanter.com) [archive.is/MmZm3]
* "Getting a grip of Bill: #PodestaEmails29 reveals concerns over rogue ex-president" (2016-11-04, rt.com) [archive.is/Lhg6O]
* "#PodestaEmails32 : WikiLeaks releases latest batch of emails from Clinton campaign chair" (2016-11-06, rt.com) [archive.is/TPuWt]
* "#PodestaEmails35: WikiLeaks releases election day batch from Clinton campaign chair" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/oBaRS]
* "Podesta 36: WikiLeaks published 300 more emails from Clinton's campaign chief" (2016-11-09, rt.com) [archive.is/xT5de]
* "Here's a WikiLeaks email you aren't hearing about from Trump or anyone else for that matter" (2016-11-03, dailykos.com) [archive.is/sEuHS], an article which denies the direct management by Clinton over the installation of anti-women regimes over Libya and Syria, among other places, and instead the article focuses on Clinton's ability to micro-manage good public relations opportunities.
* "For All the Women, Men and Children She's Killed -- the Rantings of a Privileged White Male" (2016-11-08, by David Rovics) [archive.is/jV2Fk] [begin excerpt]: I've just been called a privileged white male repeatedly in the past few hours, by privileged white men and women who say I'm [insert expletive of your choice] for saying that the two parties, and their leadership and their presidential candidates are indistinguishably as evil as each other, as far as I can tell. [...]
First of all, one thing that distresses me about these comments from some of my Facebook Friends (many of whom I've actually met in person at least once or twice) is the inherent nationalism.
When they talk about the rights of women, the right to an abortion, and discrimination against LGBTQ people, they are talking about the United States. Why does this bother me? Because whoever runs the United States is not just president of one of the world's biggest countries. They are someone who will have a horribly negative impact on the rest of the world, too. They are people who are going to kill lots and lots of women, men and children. Including LGBTQ ones. They are people who are going to be cozy with misogynistic dictatorships, where women don't have access to abortions, where it's illegal to be LGBT or Q, such as Saudi Arabia.
We live in an empire. I feel like I need to say that again. We live in an empire. Do you have any idea what that means, you who say I don't care because I'm too white, male, and privileged to give a shit about other people?
Do you know what Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, George W Bush, and George HW Bush all have in common? They are all mass murderers. Collectively, they have killed millions and millions of people, and immiserated billions. [end excerpt]
* "Obama’s brother praises Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan after Clinton Hitler sermon" (2016-11-04, rt.com) [archive.is/RxfaY] [begin excerpt]: A known and vocal Trump advocate, Malik Obama delighted in tweeting his support for Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, who recently compared Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton to Adolf Hitler. [...]
Farrakhan’s Sunday sermon pointed to Clinton’s support of the 1994 Crime Bill that has been blamed for the mass incarceration of young black men in the US, and her infamous “superpredators” comment to describe black youth.
“Mrs. Clinton backed the Crime Bill and then called our young people superpredators. Of course she apologized, but just a minute,” Farrakhan said. “See Hitler could’ve said to the Jews after Auschwitz, ‘I’m so sorry.’ Would that be enough to satisfy you?” [...]
He was also Trump’s guest at the final presidential debate in Las Vegas, where he met the candidate’s campaign manager Kellyanne Conway.
He has also attacked his brother on Twitter, claiming the president has become “arrogant” since winning the presidency. [end excerpt]
* "US State Dept wants 5yrs to process over 31K pages of Clinton-related emails" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/gh3gV]
* "Former US Ambassador to Russia McFaul Blames Trump Victory on Moscow's Meddling; Michael McFaul said that Russia's alleged intervention in the US presidential campaign proved to be successful" (2016-11-09, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/45c5M]
* " 'Red Scare 2': Russia and the 2016 US election" (2016-11-06, rt.com) [archive.is/7fChR]
* "Ostashko: Clinton's Putin-blaming is an American national catastrophe" (2016-11-02, politrussia.com, translated for fort-russ.com) [archive.is/Sx5eV]: Did you think that the American election campaign had already reached the bottom? Nope! There are chances that more surprises lie ahead of us, but some instances that took place over the past few days will go down in history no matter what.
It’s not every day that senators blame the director of the FBI for working for Putin, right? After FBI Director James Comey informed Congress that the FBI had resumed its investigation concerning Hillary Clinton’s storage of secret documents on a private server, he was immediately blamed for being a “Russian agent.” This is an unprecedented charge, but that’s not all.
Hillary Clinton called on the FBI director to immediately make publicly available the FBI’s evidence of ties between Russia and Donald Trump. By saying so, she meant that the FBI leadership has this evidence, but doesn’t want to present it to the American electorate.
For a moment, let’s believe Hillary Clinton and the Democratic senators who are hinting that Putin has a whole network of agents in the American business community and security agencies. Look what a lovely agent Russian intelligence has won over in the FBI director!
James Comey is a Republican, the former deputy attorney general of the United States, and the vice president of Lockheed Martin, a corporation that deals in developing top-secret weapons for the Pentagon. Comey is also a member of the board of directors of NSBC Bank and the director of the FBI personally appointed by Barack Obama. If Russian intelligence really managed to recruit such an American official, then the US has much more serious problems than interference in election campaigns.
In fact, if Clinton’s headquarters are ready to throw such accusations at the highest ranks of American security organs, then this means that the situation is really critical. If the situation were under control, then Clinton’s staff would have thought through the consequences, such as how such statements undermine the confidence of ordinary Americans and part of the American elite in the US’ intelligence services. And this is really bad for the country’s stability.
Those who believe in these accusations made in all seriousness can ask themselves the question: How did Putin possibly buy the FBI director, who, in addition to working for the Federal Bureau of Investigation, earns a lot of money from the richest and most influential transnational corporations?…
Maybe Russia isn’t so weak as the media says? And maybe it’s worth looking into just what Russia could offer specific American officials or officers? It’s time to give the Clinton headquarters an award for the best advertising for Russia’s intelligence services.
I would also like to dwell on the accusations against the FBI director, specifically that he is hiding some proof of ties between Trump and Russia from the public. Let’s think about what conclusions can be drawn from these allegations by devout American Democrats who really believe in their leaders and system’s media.
First conclusion: the CIA, NSA, and all other US intelligence agencies are made up of losers who can’t even find find Trump’s ties to Moscow, and even if they did find them, then they won’t present them to the public. And so it turns out that everything depends on the good will of an agent of Putin who, as it turns out, heads the FBI. This is already a national catastrophe.
Second conclusion: The entire leadership of the FBI is one big network of Putin’s agents. Otherwise, the American patriots from the FBI would have simply leaked to the media or handed over to Congress the lethal evidence of cooperation between Trump and Russia. This is the second national catastrophe. It’s time to introduce a state of emergency and not just appeal to the conscience of James Comey.
But I don’t see much panic in American media over this. This means that even the most hardened supporters of Clinton understand that all these accusations are nonsense.
But then another conclusion begs itself. It turns out that Clinton and co. see the whole American electorate as a bunch of idiots who can be endlessly fed even the most incredible lies and still believe in them. This is a losing position. A manipulator can and must take advantage of the weak spots of those whom he is trying to manipulate, and not merely lower the standard of manipulation.
The confidence that people will eat this up will sooner or later lead to the greater quality manipulator attracting these people to their side. And then it won’t be comments on social networks blazing, but tires on American streets.
It is this scenario that those who demand that Trump recognize the elections as legitimate are afraid of. Trump refuses to do so, as if he is leaving the opportunity open to bring people out on the streets.
Of course, if riots start in the US, then Putin will be blamed. But we’ll be too busy to respond to these accusations, because we’ll be standing in line for popcorn.
* Photo montage from a Korean-American, titled: "These guys lost?"
Dictatorships around the world, primarily Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the GCC States, spent so, so much on "their" woman...
* "Clinton's charity confirms Qatar's $1 million gift while she was at State Dept" (2016-11-04, Reuters Newswire) [archive.is/MOHFv]
* "Hillary Clinton Picks TPP and Fracking Advocate To Set Up Her White House" (2016-08-16, theintercept.com) [archive.is/vrIBT]
* "As She Campaigns With Al Gore, New Emails Show Hillary Told Environmentalists to 'Get a Life' " (2016-10-15, townhall.com) [archive.is/onbOd]
* "Indigenous Youth Occupy Hillary Clinton Campaign Headquarters to Demand She Take Stand on #DAPL" (2016-10-28, democracynow.org) [archive.is/nkwNw]
* "Here Is What Donald Trump Wants To Do In His First 100 Days" (2016-11-09, npr.org) [archive.is/KQw7P]
* "Here are 76 of Donald Trump’s many campaign promises" (2016-01-22, washingtonpost.com) [archive.is/91Gvh]
The Democratic Party put Trump out there.
In the second sentence of the article, hit the link on the word "email". It goes to the wikileaks raw email. Then click on the attachment.
* "WikiLeaks Reveals DNC Elevated Trump to Help Clinton Democrats expected the FBI investigation into Clinton's email server to be a major problem—which Donald Trump solved" (2016-10-10, observer.com) [archive.is/dDcJG] [begin excerpt]: In June 2015, Donald Trump announced his presidential campaign.
According to an email [is.gd/AgBjfD] from Marissa Astor [is.gd/mGDdYn], Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook’s assistant, to Clinton campaign chair John Podesta [archive.is/JvVOz], the campaign knew Trump was going to run, and pushed his legitimacy as a candidate (read the email attachment "Strategy on GOP 2016ers", 2015-04-07, .pdf [is.gd/6uCvS7]). WikiLeaks’ release shows that it was seen as in Clinton’s best interest to run against Trump in the general election [archive.is/Ubxqi]. The memo, sent to the Democratic National Committee (DNC) [archive.is/6XggR] also reveals the DNC [archive.is/RRteu] and Clinton campaign [archive.is/uftWA] were strategizing on behalf of their candidate at the very beginning of the primaries [archive.is/z35Vc]. “We think our goals mirror those of the DNC,” stated the memo, attached to the email under the title “muddying the waters.”
The memo named Trump, Sen. Ted Cruz, and Ben Carson as wanted candidates. “We need to be elevating the Pied Piper candidates so that they are leaders of the pack and tell the press to them seriously,” the memo noted. [end excerpt]
* "The Revenge of the Lower Classes and the Rise of American Fascism" (2016-03-02, truthdig.com) [archive.is/8P3gx]
* meme (2016-11-10, Gunnar Angeles) [archive.is/jooQ2]: The billionaire buffoon takes on Corporate America.
* " 'Drain the Swamp?' Trump's Potential Cabinet Fills Out With Washington Insiders" (2016-11-10, nbcnews.com) [archive.is/mkjFE]
* "Meet Trump's Cabinet-in-waiting; He’s expected to reward the band of surrogates who stood by him" (2016-11-09, politico.com) [archive.is/fs4zH]
* "Donald Trump Recruits Corporate Lobbyists to Select His Future Administration" (2016-11-08, theintercept.com) [archive.is/NQJrZ]
* "Donald Trump, After Blasting Iraq War, Picks Top Iraq Hawk as Security Adviser" (2016-09-12, theintercept.com) [archive.is/TLRyt]
* "Top Trump Military Advisers Detail GOP Candidate's Defense Plan" (2016-10-30, defensenews.com) [archive.is/w0tsB]
* "Meet Trump’s Pick To Dismantle EPA" (2016-11-06, huffingtonpost.com) [archive.is/J0NRf]
* "Trump Picks Top Climate Skeptic to Lead EPA Transition; Choosing Myron Ebell means Trump plans to drastically reshape climate policies" (2016-09-26, scientificamerican.com) [archive.is/Tk3Tr]
* "Paul Ryan Says Medicare Privatization Is On" (2016-11-10, nymag.com) [archive.is/UJ82x]
* "Trump wins Electoral College thanks to older whites, loses popular vote" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/iwUNl]
* "White House aides devastated as Obama delivers Trump congratulations speech" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/Bfh3D]
* "Trump arrives in Washington, meets with Obama & GOP leaders" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/z12em], attached video [is.gd/Fx9YrU]
Photo of concession by POTUS Obama and presumptive victor Trump [archive.is/V2KKK], and what ol' Barry may have intended [archive.is/3WPYj].
* "Political feat: Can Speaker Ryan and GOP work with Trump?" (2016-11-09, rt.com) [archive.is/behIu]
* The Republican Party is lead by less an ideology and more by a perception of crisis, such as Moral crisis against "values", heritage, etc. and are now being served by a Presidential selection whose wife was formerly known through her pornography [archive.is/0Hn2l]. But, for the sake of the Conservative "Values" electorate, they are served by presumptive Vice President Mike Pence.
* "Pence Promises Supporters That LGBTQ Rights Will Be FIRST To Go" (2016-11-10, usuncut.news) [archive.is/WrM78]
* "America’s Leading Anti-LGBT Group 'Will Work With President Trump' To Reverse All LGBT Rights" (2016-11-10, thegailygrind.com) [archive.is/fkpE9]
* "Newt Gingrich wants new House Un-American Activities Committee" (2016-06-14, edition.cnn.com) [archive.is/PseFu]
* " ‘How did Trump win?’ People turn to Google after shock US election result" (2016-11-09, rt.com) [archive.is/zwd2N]
* "National recall after Newsweek misfires with Clinton cover" (2016-11-09, nypost.com) [archive.is/kMxy6] [begin excerpt]: A national recall went out Wednesday for the special “Madame President” issue of Newsweek that was prematurely shipped to stores and newsstands across the country. At the same time, the publisher of the magazine will rush the “President Trump” version of the commemorative issue to press on Thursday — so it will get to stores next week.
“Like everybody else, we got it wrong,” said Tony Romando, CEO of Topix Media, the Newsweek partner which produces special issues under the popular brand. Both a Clinton and a Trump commemorative issue were designed and laid out in advance, but Topix Media, believing late last week that Clinton was likely to win, shipped only the Clinton issue. [end excerpt]
* " ‘Almost first gentleman’: ‘South Park’ episode quickly rewritten for shock Clinton defeat" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/jSg8z]
* "Exuberant Wall Street traders chant ‘Lock her up!’ during Hillary’s concession" (2016-11-09, rawstory.com) [archive.is/THt1Q]
* "Prison stocks soar, gun stocks lower following Trump win" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/mFrPa]
* "Global markets in green despite widely-predicted collapse after Trump win" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/a32rL]
* "Canada keen to come to NAFTA table as Trump wins – ambassador" (2016-11-10, rt.com/business) [archive.is/5QJoi]
* "Japan’s parliament approves TPP deal, labeled ‘disaster’ by Trump" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/KLnpE]
* "EU Commission president wants clarity from Trump on NATO, trade" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/hie2P]
* "End of ‘liberal non-democracy’: Hungarian PM Orban hails Trump victory" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/zJYvT]
* " ‘Trump effect’ now possible elsewhere due to Western leaders’ images – German finance minister" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/EqN1U]
* "Trump’s victory sets example for Europe – Geert Wilders" (2016-11-09, rt.com) [archive.is/MiMew]
* "UKIP chief Nigel Farage eyes job in Donald Trump White House" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/ai2N1]
* "British establishment eats its words after Donald Trump victory" (2016-11-09, rt.com) [archive.is/GvB4v]
* "What does Trump victory mean for UK-US ‘special relationship’?" (2016-11-09, rt.com) [archive.is/6aJGM]
* "Is Trump victory good for Brexit?" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/b4VZm]
* "May’s post-Brexit Beijing cash grab sees pledge of ‘golden era’ of Chinese investment" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/Aw7Ao]
* "Goldman Sachs mulls ditching London for Frankfurt" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/LYDeV]
* "French Right-Wing Front National Leader Congratulates Trump on US Election Win; The leader of France’s right-wing Front National party congratulated Republican candidate Donald Trump on Wednesday on a victory in the ongoing presidential race" (2016-11-09, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/py8Fx]
* "After Sweeping Election, Trump Invites Netanyahu to U.S. for Meeting; The two spoke on the phone on Wednesday hours after Netanyahu congratulates on him on win, saying Trump is a 'true friend of Israel' " (2016-11-09, haaretz.com) [archive.is/lXucF]
* "Hillary’s Email Trail of Troubling Anti-Israel Conversations; Clinton praised professional Israel hater Max Blumenthal as 'powerful and touching' " (2016-02-01, observer.com) [archive.is/vouQA]
* "Israeli settlements not obstacle to peace: Trump adviser" (2016-11-10, presstv.ir) [archive.is/WwJZz]
White American Christian Nationalists campaigned for, and voted for, Donald Trump based on statements such as the following...
* "Trump says he’ll make Israel pay for defense aidCandidate lumps Jewish state in with other countries that benefit from US security assistance, says they can pay ‘big league’" (2016-03-22, timesofisrael.com) [archive.is/nt0OU]
However, the clarifications were not as widely read...
* "Trump Ahead of AIPAC Speech: Israel Should Repay U.S. for Aid; 'There are many countries that can pay, and they can pay big-league,' Republican frontrunner tells reporters, only to later attempt to reverse himself: 'They help us greatly' " (2016-03-21, haaretz.com) [archive.is/nt0OU]
* "Adelson Is Right About Trump's pro-Israel Credentials; It's a feather in Trump's cap that Sheldon Adelson, who will make Israel one of the tests for his support, is prepared to back him. And today's speech at AIPAC is Trump's chance to win more of us over" (2016-03-21, haaretz.com) [archive.is/NDAa9]
* "Saudi Prince who called Trump “a disgrace to all America” today kissed The Don’s a$$ with this pathetic tweet; Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal is now groveling at the feet of President elect Donald Trump" (2016-11-10, theduran.com) [archive.is/6INAp]
* (2016-11-10, by Greg Butterfield) [archive.is/gU3l0]:
Donald Trump claims that he wants to improve U.S. relations with Russia. Here's what he needs to do to prove it.
We demand that Trump take steps, from his first day in office, to do the following:
- End all U.S.-sponsored sanctions against Russia and individuals in Russia and the Donbass Republics. Drop all pressure on European governments to maintain sanctions.
- Join other nuclear powers in pledging “No First Use” of nuclear weapons.
- Withdraw all U.S. military support for Ukraine's war against Donetsk and Lugansk, including Pentagon trainers and mercenaries.
- End all political, financial and military support for the Kiev junta.
- Recognize the Donetsk and Lugansk People's Republics.
- Pay reparations to the Donbass republics for U.S.-sponsored war crimes, including massive destruction of housing and infrastructure and at least 10,000 deaths.
- Make public all U.S. intelligence pertaining to the massacre of anti-fascists in Odessa, Ukraine, on May 2, 2014, the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 in June 2014, and the illegal Ukrainian shelling of Donbass under the Minsk peace accords.
- Withdraw from NATO.
- Remove all U.S. troops and military hardware, close all Pentagon bases in Europe.
- End U.S. surveillance and hacking by U.S. security agencies against foreign countries, including Russia.
- Free whistleblower Chelsea Manning, drop all charges against whistleblower Edward Snowden, stop the persecution of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.
* "Trumping the New World Order" (2016-11-09, gearoidocolmain.org) [archive.is/O9EYe] [begin excerpt]: The Trump victory is a blow to liberalism, political correctness and human rights ideology. It is a revolt, albeit limited, against globalisation and therefore a momentary victory for truly progressive forces. Today in Damascus there is at least the hope that the US might wind down its terrorist operations against the Syrian people. Today in Moscow, there is at least a pause in the anxiety of Russians who feared they were going to have to face another Great Patriotic War against Western reaction. Today in Europe, the liberal, child-raping, mass-murdering, lying scumbag establishment are uncomfortable – more so than ever before.
The French media are calling the Trump victory a ‘nightmare’ and a ‘catastrophe’. We who have stood up for the downtrodden workers of this world have long sought to turn the nightmare they have imposed on us back on them. Now, everything depends on how the national democratic movement in the US is turned into the cause of labour against capital. American labour should demand pay rises and an end to ‘free trade’. There will be no more turn-coat Bernie Sanders, no more liberal ‘anti-imperialists’, no more Wall Street ‘democrats’. [end excerpt]
* "Ukrainian socialists’ leader asks Trump to save her country from neo-Nazis; Along with this, she noted that 'the US previous administration was driving a wedge between the Ukrainians and Russia, thus igniting a war between fraternal peoples' " (2016-11-09, tass.com) [archive.is/KtMck]
* "Assad willing to cooperate with Trump" (2016-11-10, almasdarnews.com) [archive.is/edQqA]
* "Assad must go! Who must go? Goodbye Cameron, Obama, Hillary. Merkel, Hollande you’re next; Assad is still standing...these criminals are not" (2016-11-09, theduran.com) [archive.is/vxPkp]
* The "Assad must go" curse... explained [archive.is/JXkoH]
* "China braced to see if Trump campaign rhetoric translates into action" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/6TooZ]
* "In Trump Win, China Hopes for U.S. Retreat; Election results mean economic threat, geopolitical opportunity for Beijing" (2016-11-09, wsj.com) [archive.is/46jcZ]
* "Putin on Trump victory: Russia is ready to restore relations with US" (2016-11-09, rt.com) [archive.is/iQU5P]
* " ‘Not a button, but a real reset’: US needs major change in Russia relations, says ex-Pentagon chief" (2016-11-09, rt.com) [archive.is/nkicX]
* "MPs propose urgent steps to restore Russia-US relations after Trump elected" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/WtOVC]
* "CONFIRMED: Trump victory proves Russophobia loses votes; Donald Trump's victory in the US Presidential election confirms what was already apparent from the Brexit referendum and the Canadian parliamentary elections of 2015: Russophobia loses elections" (2016-11-09, theduran.com) [archive.is/OycPw]
* "Moscow says ‘no euphoria’ over Trump win" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/HNZb9]
* "Trump presidency could herald war with Russia, say UK defense chiefs" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/RnW2d]
* "Donald Trump: 'I will lock #Zimbabwe president Robert Mugabe in prison if I become US President' " (2016-10-20, zimbabwe-today.com) [archive.is/JBmsm]
* "Donald Trump Is Accused Of Raping A 13-Year-Old. Why Haven’t The Media Covered It? There are two big reasons" (2016-11-02, huffingtonpost.com) [archive.is/qYjDj]
* "Witness: Trump also raped 12-year-old — and used her disappearance to threaten another victim" (2016-11-01, rawstory.com) [archive.is/ZIkpB]
* "Trump lawyers given court date over lawsuit alleging rape of 13-year-old; Counsel for Jeffrey Epstein, associate of Prince Andrew convicted of underage sex crimes in Florida in 2008, also ordered to appear for December civil hearing" (2016-10-12, theguardian.com) [archive.is/k6GsY]
* (2016-11-08) [archive.is/HS1W2]: On the way to work and seeing a ton of Trump vandalism. Ugh. Wtf is wrong with these people?
* "Day 1 in Trump’s America" (2016-11-10, medium.com) [archive.is/JCKDM]
* "Wave of racist incidents spreads fear across US after Trump victory" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/VB71b]
* "Disturbing acts in Wellsville, at Canisius College follow Election Day" (2016-11-10, buffalonews.com) [archive.is/lKCZ2]
* "Nazi-Related Trump Graffiti Found in South Philly; Swastikas appeared on the storefront windows of the abandoned Meglio Furs at Broad and Wharton streets" (2016-11-09, phillymag.com) [archive.is/eqMQG] [begin excerpt]: On the 78th anniversary of Kristallnacht, during which Jewish-owned businesses and buildings across Nazi Germany were attacked and destroyed, Philadelphia police are investigating an act of vandalism involving swastikas and president-elect Donald Trump’s name painted on the storefront windows of the abandoned Meglio Furs at Broad and Wharton streets in South Philadelphia. [end excerpt]
Photo caption: Graffiti on the windows on the abandoned Meglio Furs store in South Philadelphia.
* (2016-11-09) [archive.is/uB8iE]: Absolutely sickening and disheartening to learn this was found at my old high school Maple Grove Senior High. Photos [archive.is/iP76F] [archive.is/Vh7IH].
* "Trump supporters brutally attack gay man in California" (2016-11-10, usuncut.com) [archive.is/zRs9B]
* "Calgarian badly bloodied by election night attack in Santa Monica; Chris Ball says people shouted homophobic slurs and celebrated the "new president" before he was jumped" (2016-11-10, metronews.ca) [archive.is/FFvwf]
* (2016-11-09) [archive.is/2eHDK]: To celebrate Trump's win last night, some Trump supporters decided to smash a beer bottle into my close friend's head last night for being gay, sending him to the ER. It's a shame to think any social progression in that manner is being completely lost at an alarming rate. And it's not Trump that I fear, it's his supporters that have already resorted to violence, just because of the energy they feed off of him. I hope this is not what our future truly looks like. I hope that our country will realize we are (or at least should be) a nation indivisible. Now, more than ever, it should not be about the politics, it should be about human equality.
Who cares what the guy behind the podium says, don't smash a beer bottle in someone's face.
* (2016-11-10, facebook.com/matt.sedillo.75) [archive.is/zDloP]: Earlier tonight in downtown Riverside white people eating at a Mexican restaurant were chanting at protestors "Trump Trump" and yelling "get out of my country" all the while eating Mexican food.
* "Day 1 of Donald Trump; At Walmart a woman pulled her Hijab off today and threatened her" (2016-11-10, facebook.com/shaunking) [archive.is/AWX0M]
* (2016-11-10, Shaun King) [is.gd/zJhK5N]: My friends know this woman. Happened in Napa Valley last night at the gas station & left them all in tears [archive.is/33z2F]: "Today... in Napa in my blue state of CA -I experienced first hand the effects of Trump's election. At a gas station, while at my car, a man jumps out of his truck from the pump on the other side of mine - walks towards the car at the pump in front of mine and towards what I realized was a smaller Asian woman. He started yelling at her and I turned abruptly to face and listen. He said "We won. Now get the fuck out of my country" He said it over and over as I saw this poor woman crying - standing stunned - not moving. I ran to her. I threw my arms around her a turned her into me and my back towards him and sobbed with her. All I could think to say was "I'm so sorry" over and over again as we cried. I felt helpless. He then included me in his rant - saying "You can both get fuck out. We [...]"
* "Potential Trump Homeland Security head says anti-Trump protests must be 'quelled' " (2016-11-10, dailykos.com) [is.gd/DtfIqU]: One of the people being prominently floated as Trump's potential head of Homeland Security is Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke, a prominent pro-Trump voice at the Republican convention and, as you will soon see, quite the self-promoter himself. Here's the reaction of our new potential Homeland Security chief to protests held across the nation last night over the results of Tuesday's election. (Posted to Twitter, 9 Nov 2016) "These temper tantrums from these radical anarchists must be quelled. There is no legitimate reason to protest the will of the people.
For the record, yes: He was specifically referring to peaceful protesters.
Of course, public protest in America neither requires "legitimate reason," nor needs to be measured against Sheriff Dave's own notions of which "legitimate reasons" count and which do not. Americans are free to publicly protest the price of dog biscuits, or the ending of the latest movie, or their own employers, or Sheriff Dave, or against the general sense of ennui that can come from eating too many cookies under the shade of a tall tree. They don't need to express any reason at all: They are free to assemble together regardless. That is the point.
That is the whole point. It is in that very book you are holding up. Open it and see.
[NBU Media Collective update]: Since the publication of this article describing the comments of Sheriff Clarke lead to a public outcry, the Sheriff has modified the tweet to be more benign (he "clarified" his statement) [archive.is/56Ljh].
The alt-Right neo-reactionaries, and conservative consumers of monopolist news media, are presented a narrative whereby the following meme is their given perception [archive.is/XPlHM], that "angry mobs of liberal fascists" are destroying property in protesting the presumptive victory of Donald Trump, never knowing the nuances of police snitches among protesters enacting violence as a means to destroy any favorable public sympathy, and with this, the monopolist media have material to program their consumers with.
* "Donald Trump's victory sets off protests on both coasts; From Pennsylvania to California, Oregon and Washington hundreds of people hit the streets to voice their opposition to Trump's victory over Hillary Clinton" (2016-11-09, AP Newswire) [archive.is/WOx3D]
* " Protesters rally nationwide upset with Trump victory" (2016-11-09, rt.com) [archive.is/rtaMD]
* " ‘Not my president!’ Anti-Trump protesters take to streets nationwide, dozens arrested" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/VolOg], attached video [is.gd/DqqOum]
* "Nationwide anti-Donald Trump protests marked by arrests, vandalism" (2016-11-09, rt.com) [archive.is/AfppM]
* "To my friends protesting Trump tonight, this advice applies whether you intend to be law abiding or engage in disobedience":
1. Water makes pepper spray worse. Use milk or liquid antacid and water. Don't wear contacts. Carry a bandana and a bottle of lemon juice. A bandana soaked in lemon juice makes a pretty good gas mask in a pinch.
2. If you get tear gassed, when you get home, put the contaminated clothes in a plastic bag for later decontamination and shower with cold water to avoid opening your pores.
3. Come with friends and don't get separated. Avoid leaving the crowd and watch out for police snatch squads.
4. Beware undercovers, but beware snitchjacketing and collaborator 'peace police' even more.
5. The far right is very good at combing through pictures and doxxing people. Mask up.
6. If you go with friends, arrange some sort of protocol in case you get separated.
7. Install Signal and make sure your encryption keys are synchronised with the people you go with. Any electronic communication should be encrypted. Assume surveillance.
Please don't share this status. Copy paste it without attribution.
* "Anti-Trump Protesters March on Market, Through Mission" (2016-11-09, missionlocal.org) [archive.is/prVp3]
* (2016-11-09, video by Peter Mencini) [is.gd/7Wm5hl]
* (2016-11-10, Maile Hampton) [archive.is/tGUr1]: 10,000 folks were out! "We want you to remember a few of the martyrs in the Mission that we fought for,” said organizer and elementary school teacher Frank Lara. He named several men fatally shot by police officers, including Alex Nieto, Amilcar Perez Lopez and Luis Gongora Pat."
* "SF students stage protest outside City Hall" (2016-11-10, ABC7 Television News, facebook.com/abc7news) [archive.is/veU88]: Thousands of high school students walked out of class and marched through the streets of San Francisco to protest President-elect Donald Trump. Watch the video [is.gd/wwEioV]
* "Anti-Trump crowd smashes windows & police cruiser in streets of Oakland" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/bmLv7]
* " ‘F**k Trump’: Protesters take to streets in pro-Hillary Oregon after election results" (2016-11-09, rt.com) [archive.is/U2Ecj]
* "Cops Helped A Massive Anti-Trump Protest Shut Down I-5 on Wednesday" (2016-11-09, portlandmercury.com) [archive.is/My6dI]
* "Anti-Trump protest moving through Downtown Austin" (2016-11-09, kvue.com) [archive.is/dX6zO]
* "Dozens arrested, police cars damaged in second night of anti-Trump protests in California" (2016-11-09, latimes.com) [archive.is/XolGx]
* "Man kicked in head, has car stolen as bystanders shout ‘You voted Trump’ " (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/4lM8e]
* "Seattle Shooting Near Trump Protest Leaves Multiple Wounded; The shooting was not believed to be tied to the protests over Trump’s election" (2016-11-09, huffingtonpost.com) [archive.is/zjd83]
* "Students around Colorado, nation stage walk-outs protesting election" (2016-11-09, gazette.com) [archive.is/8sCaB]
* "NYC Student Walkout Protest Against Trump" (2016-11-10) [is.gd/R2VzA2]
* "Napa students walk off campus to protest Trump election" (2016-11-10, napavalleyregister.com) [archive.is/2rQeB]
* "Is anybody in a walk out or know what is the status? Napa" (2016-11-10):
- my little brother who is a NHS student said that some students went to DT Napa to protest at City Hall.
- My younger sister student at new tech when to napa high for a peaceful rally. Also, the district has sent out emails and phone calls to parents telling parents if their student walks off campus they will receive an absent or inexcusable absence.
- NHS & Vintage walked out on Jefferson met to create "Unity" for opposing teams if we can unite so can adults!
- Yes, they just left Walmart after stealing and causing fights with other customers! It bummed me out to see it. Kid with a Mexican flag wrapped around him harassing customers and starting fights. They said they were headed to our competitor. Good luck to them. / [Response]: Whoa. How many there? That's not where the rally was... sad to hear this opportunist pundits
* "Will Trump’s Presidency Cause the US to Break up into Smaller Countries?" (2016-11-09, theantimedia.org) [archive.is/s5wsW]
* " ‘Legal weed. And dolphins,’ let's #CalExit: Calls for California to secede after Trump’s win" (2016-11-09, rt.com) [archive.is/9ZM4T]
* "Silicon Valley investors call for California to secede from the US after Trump win; Hyperloop co-founder said he would fund ‘Calexit’ campaign for Democratic state to become its own nation as tech industry has been at odds with Trump" (2016-11-09, theguardian.com) [archive.is/Tx5dV]
* (2016-11-09, Charles Gannon): Looks like Trump got it.
All the victories for women, LGBT, civil rights, expect it all to be destroyed. This parasite will literally lead a presidency of destruction upon the workers.
Right now, we need to shut up with the pacifism, shut up with the voting, shut up with the "we'll get it next time" bullshit. You just watched what happens when you let right-wing ideology dissolve in to full on fascism, and let it run for power. Trump is one thing, but we are facing his entire support base whose front lines are white supremacist organizations with guns, formed in to militias. Shut up with your pacifism, organize the oppressed, and get ready for the bullshit these Nazis and Nazi sympathizers are about to pull.
* "Abandon ship: Global immigration websites report post-election surge in US traffic" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/FIFaL]
* (2016-11-08, Lorenzo Komboa Ervin):
We need to develop a non-electoral mass movement. An open fascist, who has been endorsed by white supremacists, is within an eyelash of taking the White House. The real power for us, however, is a mass movement to disrupt and overthrow the regime, not continued dependence on electoral politics controlled by corporations. We must rethink everything in terms of radical ideology, strategy and tactics. If we want to change this country, we cannot depend on Bernie Sanders-style liberal populism. Many will cry over his defeat, as to "what might have been". That will lead to an even worse defeat if we continue along that path. The capitalists have poisoned the well of electoral politics to such a degree that is no longer an option, if it ever was.
[update]: So I was asked: "how could we possibly defeat fascism now that a fascist has taken over the government in the USA? Clearly we cannot win with force of arms, and they would violently put down protests, as they did in Germany or Italy." None of those places had a dictator elected to executive office, and there is still time for resistance and street protests. It is not just a question of police-paramilitary violence by the state when fascist candidates take over a state by such means. If you think about it, we need to meet the grievances of the sector of the population that has been suffering because of unemployment, poverty, and other forms of austerity because that is who Trump appealed to, along with nation-state white nationalism. Instead of revolting against corporations and the rich, a large mass of the white middle class have turned to the right as a false choice candidate in Donald Trump. But he has not created a fascist state by his election alone, and it is not like the masses can have no say. We cannot defeat the state strictly by force of arms with a small group, and I am not suggesting that. But revolution and a civil war are clearly on the agenda as a realistic prospect as part of the process of building a popular movement, along with mass organizing among the poor and others, as part of a mass struggle. Our thing as activists at this point is that we must not give into pessimism and defeatism, that is what I am saying in the first instance.
USA FASCISM: State Media Watch
Documenting propaganda issued by the monopolist media and members of the state security regime that uphold the economic dictatorship, imperialist wars, and the "New Jim Crow" regime [mediamatters.org]
* " ‘Racist’ & ‘xenophobe’…no more? Huffington Post reportedly to drop disclaimer from Trump stories" (2016-11-09, rt.com) [archive.is/oe8LU] [begin excerpt]: For months, each article on Donald Trump on the Huffington Post was accompanied with an editor’s note branding Trump as “serial liar”, “rampant xenophobe”, “racist” and “misogynist.” However, the note is no more now, Politico reports.
The Huffington Posts’ disclaimer read [archive.is/yEAZQ]: “Note to our readers: Donald Trump is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist, birther and bully who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims — 1.6 billion members of an entire religion — from entering the US.”
However, as Trump is on the brink to win the White House, relations are starting to warm up, it would seem.
Staff members of the outlet have received a memo from the Washington Bureau Chief Ryan Grim, telling them to scrap the editor’s note, a source in the newsroom has told Politico [archive.is/TVgUK].
“The thinking is that (assuming he wins) that he’s now president and we’re going to start with a clean slate,” the memo reportedly says. [end excerpt]
* " 'Stop watching RT and other Russian-biased sources', A Tale of Two Cities" (2016-11-01, by Tom Winter, fort-russ.com) [archive.is/Bf2U7] [begin excerpt]:
A TALE OF TWO CITIES: “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times”
The best of times — that’s Mosul. The liberation of the city from ISIS is going apace, with the US Air Force assisting Iraq. Yes, the resistance is fierce, and there will be door-to-door fighting, but the day of deliverance is coming -- a summary of NPR this morning.
No war crimes, not even any mention of civilian casualties under the euphemism of “collateral damage." And Mosul is never called "a city under siege"!
The worst of times — that’s Aleppo, "a city under siege." This is where Dictator Assad and the Russians are deliberately targeting civilians and civilian infrastructure under the condemnation of the western world for war crimes and crimes against humanity. Thus speak the parrots, with one voice, following Mark C. Toner's press briefings. And NPR is there to remind us that Kerry wants Russian war crimes investigated ['Russia's bombing of civilians in Syria "beg for an appropriate investigation of war crimes."'] and to remind us that Russia is bombing hospitals [archive.is/Us9ZA]. [end excerpt]
* "Amnesty Int’l points blame for 300 civilian deaths in Syria. But you probably won’t hear about it" (2016-10-27, facebook.com/inthenow) [archive.is/dxNgq], watch video [is.gd/XoUjMV]
* "Syria: Alarm over reports of high civilian death toll from US-led airstrikes on Manbij" (2016-07-19, amnesty.org) [is.gd/2XsarX]
* "Statistical Propaganda: How many Syrians has US regime-change killed?" (2016-10-28, RIA Analytics, ria.ru, translated for fort-russ.com) [archive.is/JT341]: Hardly a day goes by without foreign media circulating the false accusations that the leadership of the Syrian Arab Republic is guilty of the deaths of hundreds of thousands and even millions of Syrians. Even authoritative international organizations are cited as the sources of the dissemination of such information.
In July 2013, according to UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon, the death toll in Syria exceeded 100 thousand.
In October 2014, the Jordanian prince and UN high commissioner for human rights, Zeid Raad al-Hussein, determined the number of people killed in Syria to be 200,000.
By October 2015, according to UN figures, the number of killed in Syria was more than 240,000.
In September 2016, the UN officially presented the figure of 300,000 Syrians killed and more than half of the Syrian population as refugees.
According to the Dubai news channel “Al-Arabiya,” in October 2015, the number of killed had already surpassed 250,000. The New York Times produced similar figures.
After the beginning of the Russian air force’s operation in Syria, the figures of casualties presented by Western sources did not change for the better. Of course, the countries participating in the conflict “correct” the data in favor of their interests and many media outlets operate with unverified information from the Supervisory Board on Human Rights of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights created by the opposition.
How objective are these disseminated figures?
The Russian Institute of Oriental Studies at the Russian Academy of Sciences has conducted its own study using data from the Central Statistical Bureau of Syria. This was reported at a press conference entitled “Syria: The Thorny Path to Reconciliation” at the Russia Today media agency by the UN’s senior advisor and representative on Syria, Russian Academy of Science correspondent Vitaliy Naumkin.
In 2011, the population of Syria amounted to 22.51 million people. According to the figures of the Syrian Central Statistical Bureau, the Syrian Arab Republic’s population has declined to 17.87 million.
Given the average growth rate of the population excluding refugees, the total number for today was supposed to be 24.64 million people. As of October 20th, 2016, the number of Syrian citizens (including emigrants) is 24.54 million.
Given correct calculations, the number of Syrians killed over five years of war has been determined, taking into consideration that around 7 million people have left Syria as refugees.
According to the Institute of Oriental Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, the total number of Syrians killed is 105,000. The losses of the government army and militia amount to 45,000. 24,000 militants of terrorist organizations from among the local population have been killed, and 35,000 civilians have been killed. The largest number of civilians have been killed at the hands of jihadists and the so-called “moderate opposition.” Around 18,000 in Syria have been killed by foreign mercenaries of terrorist groups including citizens from 80 countries.
Earlier, the ex-head of the Israeli secret services Nativ, Yaakov Kedmi, presented almost identical figures of Syrian losses (around 40,000 civilians).
American assessments, as a rule, range from several hundred thousand to millions killed, which is beyond the boundaries of reality.
But the point is not even in the statistics. The death of people in principle should not become an object of political speculation or an instrument of information war. American lies on the number of people killed in Syria is doubly disgusting because it is the US that developed and attempted to realize regime-change projects against unfavorable leaders in a number of Middle Eastern and African “rouge states” by means of terrorists from “moderate oppositions” and fomenting civil wars...
The American coalition does not want to publicize the civilian losses resultant of their air strikes on ISIS in Iraq. And yet the coalition has repeatedly hurled accusations against others for losses among the civilian population. During the Iraq War (2003-2011), 460,000 Iraqis were killed. The assault on Mosul is also resulting in many victims among the civilian population.
Palestinian political analyst Azzam Abu Saud remarked in the Norwegian newspaper Dagsavisen: “The US has made a mass of mistakes in Syria. The war in Syria never would have been so bloody if the US had not supplied weapons to rebels. The US, in addition, created the Islamic State, which has now spun out of their control.”
Another Norwegian publication, ABC Nyheter, adds: “The US claims that only 55 civilians and 45,000 militants from ISIS and other militant Islamists have been killed as a result of more than 11,000 coalition airstrikes on ISIS targets in Iraq and Syria since 2014…Even when the American leadership is presented with the lists of civilians killed in Syria and Iraq and their photographs, they refuse to acknowledge their deaths.”
The Russian approach to resolving the Syrian and other Middle Eastern conflicts remains the same: there is no military solution. Success is possible only through dialogue and national reconciliation.
USA FASCISM: Artificial Poverty and Starvation
* "With Trump as president & Republican Congress, 22mn people could lose health insurance" (2016-11-09, rt.com) [archive.is/5JwON]
* "Sanders calls for investigations into Big Pharma insulin-price collusion" (2016-11-04, rt.com) [archive.is/eMwuA]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH
Documenting the global economic dictatorship
The forward motion of fascism in the USA is masked by appeals that fascism is exhibited only by following the process exhibited in the old German Realm of the late 1930s and early '40's with the popular "Nazi-Sozi" movement.
This mask creates a comical approach to the study of fascism [archive.is/fKQTW], whereby publicly known Nazi organizations across the USA remain small, and provide propaganda for the people, to divert attention to what the definition of fascism encompasses.
Regardless, organizations adhering to the Nazi legacy are able to participate in government-related democratic processes in states across the European Union and in the USA, most notoriously in the Republics of Ukraine, Italy, and Greece, and the States of Arizona and Texas. This forward momentum of populist fascism, with unmasked militants marching in military formation at many public events in favor of their politicians and policies, portends a rise of fascism in the USA, completing a Trans-Atlantic Partnership for "Peace and Security", sustained by security regimes in their respective states in partnership with private partners, or, the "Colombia model" of a security regime... The elements of a typical "Nazi" model state that will continue the process of fascism for the sake of private monopolies, a successful resurgence of old 19th century values, reflected here [archive.org/details/FascistsProgress2016].
* "Anti-Islamic and Nazi T-shirts sold by military charity; An undercover investigation by BBC Scotland has discovered a military charity is selling anti-Islamic and Nazi-themed clothing to raise funds" (2016-11-08, bbc.com) [archive.is/oMVhj]
* "Alex Soros comes out of the shadows. Son of George Soros is busy putting politicians in his pocket; George Soros's son, Alex Soros, promises to carry on his father's legacy of global corruption, regime change, and conflict creation" (2016-08-17, theduran.com) [archive.is/IDGbv]
Democracy should be legally sovereign to extortion by petty corporations...
* "McDonald's sues Florence for $20mn over refusal to allow restaurant on iconic square" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/jyv6D]
* "Tory austerity ‘systematically’ violated rights of disabled Britons – UN" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/z6Ct6]
More robotics equals less jobs... less is more for the profit motive, but nothing more for the workers.
* "Robots threaten 2/3 jobs in developing world, could save first-world economies – UN" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/LOnYc]
* "Pipe dream or future of transport? Hyperloop One plans epic tube network" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/ezHpD] [begin excerpt]: While still in its development stage, the Hyperloop One, is expected to have the ability to reach speeds of up to 745 mph - faster than a Boeing 747 passenger plane.
The proposed route from Dubai to Abu Dhabi could see travelers making the normally two-hour trip in under 12 minutes.
Hyperloop provided its vision for the emirate nation in a presentation attended by Saif Al Aleeli, head of the venture capital fund the Dubai Future Foundation, at the Burj Khalifa on Tuesday.
A video forecast for the enormous and complex network reveals the project would be split between self-driving cars - dubbed ‘Hyperpods’ - and a long-haul coach traveling through a pneumatic tunnel.
A feasibility study is currently underway as the United Arab Emirates government moves towards making 25% of all public transport driverless.
“Dubai makes perfect sense for Hyperloop One because this is the 21st century’s global transport hub and its leaders understand that Hyperloop one is ushering in the next era of transportation,” said co-founder of the project, Shervin Pishevar. [end excerpt]
information collected by the
BAY AREA PEACE COUNCIL
[SolanoPeaceJustice.blogspot.com], for justice, dignity and human rights in accordance with the 1966 International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (.pdf) [is.gd/TftqGs], and an end to the USA's endless wars, in harmony with Principle 1 & 6 of International Law [archive.is/tmncz], the 5 protocols of the Convention on Conventional Weapons (CCW) [archive.is/LhUTj], and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights [archive.is/U1Ota].
* "The Great Myth About U.S. Intervention in Syria; America’s standing in the world has not — and will not — be weakened by staying out of other countries’ humanitarian crises" (2016-10-24, foreignpolicy.com) [archive.is/qtxNb]
* "The Urge to Splurge; Why Is It So Hard to Reduce the Pentagon Budget?" (2016-10-25, by William D. Hartung, introduction by tomdispatch.com) [archive.is/wzgAC]
* "What Could Unite a Larger Peace Movement? Oh, This!" (2016-11-04, davidswanson.org) [archive.is/LjgSl] [begin excerpt]:
In a time of division and disagreement, when people who all agree on something important sometimes spend more time bickering with each other than working on their collective cause, is it possible to craft an agenda that brings them together and adds to their numbers?
It turns out, somewhat to my surprise, the answer is yes.
I discovered this by creating a petition that has very quickly been endorsed by RootsAction, the Future of Freedom Foundation, World Beyond War, the Libertarian Institute, DailyKos, Black Vietnam Veterans of Atlanta, Progressive Democrats of America, Veterans For Peace Chicago Chapter, Nuclear Age Peace Foundation, Code Pink, Massachusetts Peace Action, Maryland United for Peace & Justice, Upstate Ground the Drones and End the Wars, Pax Christi Seed Planters, The War and Law League, Environmentalists Against War, the PDA Reno Chapter, Voters Occupy, Bryn Mawr Peace Coalition, Vietnam Echos, Spokane Veterans for Peace, Benedictines for Peace of Erie PA, Tyneside East Timor Solidarity, Palouse Peace Coalition, Helfenstein Soup Council, Timothy Dawkins El Project, Green Party of Collin County, Brian Boortz Public Relations, A Green Road, We The People for Democracy, Peaceworkers of San Francisco CA, Green Party of Spokane County, Montrose Peace Vigil, Ecumenical Peace Institute, Pax Christi Southern California, Veteran for Peace 72, Peaceful Skies, Granny Peace Brigade Philadelphia, The Clueit Foundation, Office of the Americas, Veterans For Peace of Western Pennsylvania, Presentation Sisters Justice Commission, Women Against War, Farmington Maine Friends Meeting, Secular Student Alliance at LaGuardia Community College, Faith & Social Justice Alliance Dayton Ohio, The Oracle Institute & Peace Pentagon HUB, Peace Action Maine, Mt. Diablo Peace and Justice Center, Northeast Philly for Peace & Justice, Citizens International, National Department of Peacebuilding Committee through the Peace, White Rabbit Grove RDNA, North American Climate Conservation and Environment, The Grey Nuns of the Sacred Heart, Colonie des Pionniers de Developpement, Malu 'Aina Center for Nonviolent Education & Action, the Carpe Diem Voice, Women's International League for Peace and Freedom Corvallis, Mindfulness in Education, Brandywine Peace Community, Article V Convention for Our Children's Future, and the Liberty Tree Foundation for the Democratic Revolution.
Yes, some of those groups I've never heard of. A few of them may consist of three guys with misspelled signs who've been standing on a lonely street corner so long their town has planted bushes around them. But that's sort of the point. A unifying effort should revive old organizations and give birth to new ones. It should also be uncomfortably large, bringing together people who want completely different policies on other issues but agree on this one.
So, what is it that the above organizations and 17,241 individuals thus far agree on? This:
Tell the next president: No more war!
Please sign this petition to the 45th President of the United States:
We call on you to end perpetual war by the United States Government. As signers of this petition, we commit ourselves to building nonviolent pressure to end continual U.S. warfare. We also reject our country's bloated military spending and massive arms sales that make the USA the world’s leading arms trafficker by a huge margin.
- Sign as individual [is.gd/lm1nSC].
- Sign as organization for which you are authorized to sign [is.gd/qIN8Fm].
* "CIVIL SOCIETY MOVEMENTS CALL FOR IMMEDIATE ACTION TO STOP THE SYRIAN WAR" (2016-10-19, International Peace Bureau, demilitarize.org) [is.gd/9KlMW0]
* MODEL USLAW ISLAMOPHOBIA RESOLUTION TOWARDS 2017 AFL-CIO CONVENTION (uslaboragainstwar.org) [archive.is/K0xNZ]
* "350.org Endorses the Movement for Black Lives Platform" [archive.is/RgfxL] [begin excerpt]: Last month, the Movement for Black Lives released a policy platform [archive.is/R0sPs] detailing their vision for real policies and practices in the US and beyond to advance Black liberation. The platform is as detailed as it is broad, and is the product of intensive consultation and research. It is a feat. It is inspiring. [end excerpt]
* (2016-11-09, Banda Bassotti, facebook.com/bandabassottiband):
È finito il circo elettorale?
Dove cominceranno a bombardare?
* "Why Is the Foreign Policy Establishment Spoiling for More War? Look at Their Donors. War is first and foremost a profitable racket" (2016-10-25, by Dennis Kucinich) [archive.is/LVhjV]
* "As Election Day Nears, Military Hawks Circle to Promote New Wave of War; A slew of bipartisan reports are hoping to push the former secretary of state to increased military action in the Middle East, particularly Syria" (2016-10-20, commondreams.org) [archive.is/0d8vr]
* "US voters wary of expanding military presence overseas; Poll reveals cautious mood about foreign policy, particularly in Middle East" (2016-10-27, ft.com) [is.gd/21jPKr]
* "The Neocon-Liberal alliance: Clinton coalition that could trigger WWIII" (2016-11-08, by Neil Clark, via rt.com) [archive.is/Yk3B2]:
The 2016 US Presidential election has seen a coming together of hard-core Bush-era neocons and the anti-Bush liberal-left in support of the candidacy of Hillary Rodham Clinton.
The unofficial coalition, which looks likely to help propel the Democratic nominee to the White House (if the polls are to believed), will have surprised many, but it’s not the first time self-identified progressives have - wittingly or unwittingly - aided the cause of the most reactionary people in western politics.
The neocons: a group of ultra-hawkish hard-right imperialists, who are quite happy for the US to illegally invade other sovereign states and drop bombs all over the world. The liberal-left: who profess their support for human rights, internationalism and progressive causes.
At first sight, these two groups don’t appear to have much in common. But the truth is the liberal-left have for a long time been the accomplices of the endless war lobby.
Think back to 1999 and the US-led bombing of Yugoslavia. Never mind that the Balkan state was a multi-party democracy that operated an economy with very high levels of public/social ownership: the liberal-left cheered as bombs rained down on Belgrade, Nis and Kragujevac . Many ‘progressives’ swallowed hook, line and sinker the lurid claims of a ‘genocide’ being committed in the province of Kosovo, which were later dismissed by a UN court.
Although it was promoted as a ‘humanitarian’ venture, the bombing of Yugoslavia was in fact a hard-right project pushed by fiercely anti-socialist/anti-communist Cold War warriors.
It’s worth noting the names on the Executive Committee of the ‘Balkan Action Committee’ [archive.is/byOFK] which lobbied hard for war against Yugoslavia in 1999. They included Richard Perle, Paul Wolfowitz and Donald Rumsfeld - three men we would all hear a lot more from in the build-up to war with Iraq.
The liberal-left were also broadly on board for the invasion of Afghanistan in 2001, an assault we were told would greatly help women's rights.
However, in 2003, there was a break between most of the liberal-left and the neocons over the invasion of Iraq. This military aggression, unlike the one against Yugoslavia, was led by a Republican president. George W. Bush, the man at the helm, was too much of a Texan ‘redneck’ for educated liberal-leftists to support.
Progressives who had no problem with backing an illegal war against Yugoslavia, found they did have a problem backing an illegal war against Iraq.
In the end, the only ‘liberals’ who supported the Iraq invasion were neo-cons masquerading as liberals, and we all saw through their disguise.
In 2011, though it was ‘business as usual’ for the neocon/liberal-left alliance as a ‘nice’ Democrat administration helped destroy Libya - the country which had the highest living standards in Africa - and whose ‘tyrannical’ government provided free health care, education, and electricity to all of its citizens.
Again, this was a military assault which was pushed by neocons, the same crowd who’d lobbied for war against Yugoslavia and Iraq. Once again the liberal-left didn’t seem to notice, or indeed to care, who was behind it.
The toppling of Muammar Gaddafi (the latest neocon-designated ‘New Hitler’ who was hell-bent on ‘genocide’), would lead to a more democratic Libya with major advances in human rights, liberal-leftists assured us. In fact, the NATO attack on Libya turned the country into a failed state and a haven for jihadists.
Hillary Clinton, as Secretary of State in 2011, played a prominent role in the destruction of Libya - so much so that Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, in a recent interview with John Pilger, has labelled it 'Hillary’s war.'
But Libya has been quietly forgotten during the Presidential election campaign, as indeed has the Iraq war.
Liberal-leftists who couldn’t bear the sight of George W. Bush are lining up with pro-Iraq war hawks to try and get HRC elected.
Film-maker Michael Moore, who made the fiercely anti-Bush documentary, Fahrenheit 9-11, finds himself on the same side [archive.is/PgcRP] [archive.is/lE6ij] as Bush's speechwriter David Frum and Robert Kagan, co-founder of the Project for the New American Century. That would have seemed unthinkable a few years back, but it’s happening today, folks.
Why are America’s liberal-left doing this? It’s not as if Trump or Clinton are the only options: Dr Jill Stein's policies on social justice, war and peace, and climate change are far more progressive than Clinton’s. Why, instead of backing Stein, are they enabling Washington’s war lobby again, just as they did in 1999 and in 2011 during the bombing of Libya? Don't they ever learn their lesson? How naive are liberals to be fooled by the sudden neo-con concern for 'women's rights' and the rights of immigrants and gay people?
Make no mistake, the PNAC crowd are backing Clinton, not because they are appalled at sexist/racist or politically incorrect statements made by Donald Trump, but because they believe HRC will be the candidate who is more likely to continue the policy of endless war. More specifically, in regards to Syria, they want a US President who will prioritize on toppling the secular government of President Assad - not defeating ISIS. Trump’s great 'crime' in their eyes is that he does want to prioritize on ISIS - and horror of horrors - to work with Russia to defeat terrorism.
As America goes to the polls today, the stakes could not be higher. Clinton’s support for the imposition of a No-Fly Zone against Russian and Syrian aircraft risks starting World War Three, and the deaths of potentially hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people.
Is that what the ‘progressives’ who are lining up with the destroyers of Iraq really want?
* "Constructively Ambiguous; Hillary Clinton may intervene more in Syria, but don’t assume she’s a hardened interventionist" (2016-10-17, carnegie-mec.org) [archive.is/rNao8]
* "The Afghan War turns 15" (2016-10-20, muftah.org) [archive.is/UHdYA]
* "Is the US Headed Towards War in Syria?" (2016-10-31, uslaboragainstwar.org) [is.gd/aiKRP2]: The Obama administration is currently considering a proposal to send more arms to CIA backed anti Assad forces in Syria. According to the Washington Post, Obama has not made a decision yet and could leave it up to whoever wins the election in November. This of course raises questions of what would a President Hillary Clinton or President Donald Trump do in Syria? This has also been the topic at the presidential debates, recently. The Real News's Sharmini Peries interviews Col. Lawrence Wilkerson about what is likely to happen in Syria as a result of the foreign policy of the next administration. Video [youtube.com/watch?v=P7xH7_8HBX8], transcript [archive.is/ZwALS].
* "Why Clinton's plans for no-fly zones in Syria could provoke US-Russia conflict; Many in national security circles consider the risk of a confrontation with Russia to be severe: ‘I wouldn’t put it past them to shoot down a US aircraft’ " (2016-10-25, theguardian.com) [archive.is/UpW9y]
* "The War Against the Assad Regime Is Not a 'Pipeline War' " (2016-09-21, truth-out.org) [archive.is/c1Vi5] [begin excerpt] [begin excerpt]: So the US funding for opposition groups in Syria aimed at exploiting the regime's "vulnerabilities" had begun under the Bush administration years before any supposed Syrian rejection of the Qatari pipeline proposal. The WikiLeaks documents thus contradict the alleged connection between the pipeline deal and a change in US policy toward Syria. Moreover, despite the reference to Saudi and Israeli intelligence reports that WikiLeaks has obtained, no story has been published based on those leaked documents that supports the "pipeline war" thesis. [...]
So, long before Turkey, Qatar and Saudi Arabia, with the assistance of the CIA, began shipping weapons to anti-regime armed groups in Syria in late 2011, the Obama administration could not have been thinking of regime change in Syria to save a Syria-Turkey pipeline for Qatari gas. They all knew perfectly well that there was no longer any possibility of such a Qatar-to-Turkey pipeline.
If it's not a pipeline war, why is the US intervening in Syria? The US decision to support Turkey, Qatar and Saudi Arabia in their ill-conceived plan to overthrow the Assad regime was primarily a function of the primordial interest of the US permanent war state in its regional alliances. The three Sunni allies control US access to the key US military bases in the region, and the Pentagon, the CIA, the State Department and the Obama White House were all concerned, above all, with protecting the existing arrangements for the US military posture in the region.
After all, those military bases are what allow the United States to play at the role of hegemonic power in the Middle East, despite the disasters that have accompanied that role. The degree to which the US determination to preserve its present military profile in the region is illustrated by the case of US-Qatar relations over that tiny monarchy's arming of extremist Sunni groups in Syria in 2012. [end excerpt]
* "Swedish newspaper: Crimea not annexed, but escaped fascist and Russophobic terror" (2016-11-08, dninews.com) [archive.is/MkVFh]: It is wrong to consider that Russia annexed the Crimea after the coup in Ukraine, writes the Swedish newspaper Sydöstran.
The edition notes that media and politicians mislead the Swedish society, claiming that the Ukrainian crisis began with the Crimea, and reminds that it preceded the events in the peninsula.
"On November 21, 2013 the Ukrainian government refused to sign the contract with the EU built withing the principles of neoliberal dictatorship and meaning rapprochement of Ukraine with NATO," writes the newspaper.
"Then there was implemented the plan "B": fascist shock troops trained in Poland and receiving money from the USA headed aggressive protests on the Maidan. On February 22, 2014 they surrounded the parliament (Rada), beat the speaker and threatened deputies. The elected president had to escape in a firefight. There took place an unconstitutional West-backed coup."
"The revolution started a wave of fascist and Russophobic terror with riots, kinpapping and murders of political and ethnic enemies," writes Sydöstran.
"Against this background the population of the Crimea held a referendum in March, 2014 and decided to reunite with Russia. Annexation means that the territory is occupied by force. But can we speak about annexation in this case? Not a single shot was made. The Russian troops were in the Crimea at a naval base under the contract for a long time existing between Russia and Ukraine."
"Reunion ran really contrary to the Ukrainian constitution, but it had been destroyed by the fact of a coup even earlier. Article 1 of the UN Charter the grants people the right for self-determination, and historical links between Russia and the Crimea are very strong."
* (2016-10-31) [archive.is/bi7eM]: Photos from parade in Germany. America is the laughing stock of the world. Photos: [archive.is/gET5S] [archive.is/ttziy] [archive.is/S6THU] [archive.is/iKd7g] [archive.is/6YdVh].
* "US Central Command confirms 119 civilians killed in US airstrikes in Syria & Iraq since 2014" (2016-11-09, rt.com) [archive.is/0uWxc], attached video [is.gd/QQkxyI]
* "Pentagon acknowledges just 5-10% percent of actual civilian casualties in Syria – Amnesty to RT; 7 CHILDREN AMONG 23 DEAD IN US COALITION STRIKE IN RAQQA – WEST-BACKED SYRIA OPPOSITION" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/Vu38N]
* (2016-11-08, Matt Florence writes): I speak to the army recruiters every time they come to my university and I have realised a pattern. Every single recruiter I have spoken to has both a high education and has never actually seen war. Almost everybody who visits for recruiting is a reservists who only works a few days a year in the army so through their eyes it's just a big holiday. The recruiters are never actual veterans and I suspect rarely working class people.
British Army recruiters dish out their high tec recruitment tools on my face. Every single time I speak to the recruiters (which is every time they set up a stall in my university) I notice a pattern. They NEVER mention war. They NEVER mention combat, bombs, or insurgencies. It's all white washed to make the military look like one big fun high-tech holiday.
* "Prince Charles opens new military base in Bahrain despite human rights abuses" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/gdOy2]
* " ‘I never believed in UK-US special relationship,’ says Blair’s Iraq-era defense sec" (2016-11-04, rt.com) [archive.is/0CtcR]
* "Foreign Office recalls files revealing ‘SAS role in the Sikh genocide’ " (2016-11-04, rt.com) [archive.is/efinM]
BAY AREA PEACE COUNCIL: World Context & Events
* "Feeling the oil crunch: Saudi Arabia cancels $266bn in projects" (2016-11-09, rt.com) [archive.is/k4IUQ]
* "Oil wars? UK’s most advanced warship secretly deployed to Yemen coast" (2016-11-09, rt.com) [archive.is/sOyRG]
BAY AREA PEACE COUNCIL: New Cold War News
* "Russia wants to restore Europe business ties, but Brussels shows no goodwill – economy minister" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/3BRRS]
* "EU’s dialogue with Russia should be ‘correct and pragmatic’ – Italian FM" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/dq1P6]
* "German consortium to invest almost €3bn in Russian high-speed railway" (2016-11-09, rt.com) [archive.is/q1XUE]
New Cold War News - Frontline: Federation of Russia
The Federation of Russia government administers a jurisdiction that provides for economics based of self-sufficiency in energy and, now, food...
* "Bumper crop: Russia sees 40yr-high harvest" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/elc3a]
* " 'CyberBerkut' : US Is Preparing a Color Revolution in Russia on the Model of Ukraine" (2016-10-22, Ren.tv, translated by Ollie Richardson) [archive.is/dFYZQ]
Hackers from “CyberBerkut” [cyber-berkut.org/en] have gained access to documents of the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) from the United States, which contain information that the American journalist David Satter, who reportedly works for American intelligence agencies and maintains close ties with the head of the Hermitage Fund William Browder, is involved in the preparation of many anti-Russian orientated media materials.
From the published documents, for the first ten months of 2016 alone, by the order of Satter, 24 journalistic materials were prepared in a number of major Russian media. It is also reported that six more articles are in the process of being edited, or are ready for publication.
Most often the articles ordered by Satter feature Vladimir Putin, Sergey Chemezov, Dmitry Rogozin, Sergei Shoigu, father and son Vorobyov, Rotenberg brothers, and other famous Russians. At the same time Satter sends payment documents with a detailed description of services rendered to NED. These reports are sometimes quite detailed. One of them contains information that Satter spent $11.50 on a phone conversation.
“The materials of NED suggest that Washington is trying to do everything to undermine the political situation in Russia and to organize the same chaos that we experienced here in Ukraine in 2013,” it is noted in the comments of “CyberBerkut”.
Hackers add that received reports show that David Satter is a “link” between the Foundation of democracy and a number of Russian media agencies.
Read the materials, synopsis at (cyber-berkut.org) [is.gd/TGRdNw], original documents at (.zip) [is.gd/sSdwih].
* "Amnesty International’s eviction from Moscow office ‘will be resolved’ – official" (2016-11-04, rt.com) [archive.is/blOn9]
* " ‘Mannequin limb’ protest: Russian ambassador concerned by UK’s unwillingness to protect embassy" (2016-11-04, rt.com) [archive.is/ai9ns]
* "Western criticism of Moscow policies ruffles few feathers among ordinary Russians, poll shows" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/ujCK1]
* "5 common fears foreign tourists have when coming to Russia; Several recent travelers share some worries that turned out to be either true or false during their first trip to Russia" (2016-03-30, http://rbth.com) [peeep.us/00fac7ce], illunstration caption: Borders, locals and other fears to overcome when traveling to Russia
* "Why Communist Gennady Zyuganov brings shame upon Liberal Atheists; Russian Communist leader Gennady Zyuganov demonstrates a respectful, intellectual view on atheism that shames manic western liberals to the core" (2016-11-07, theduran.com) [archive.is/SCjEG]
* "Trump is President! Maryana Naumova, feeling determined with Donald Trump For President", video [archive.org/details/ARussiansOptimism2016USAElections], social media [peeep.us/ebff92ac] [archive.is/TQePQ]: Hi, I'm Maryana Naumova! I welcome my American friends! I wish victory to Donald Trump! I invite Donald Trump to come to Moscow. Donald, you have to come here. Russia and the United States are the most powerful countries and we need to be friends! Territories of Soviet Union, Baltic countries and Ukraine are territories of Russian interests and I am sure that the United States should respect that ... Donald, I wish you victory! Hillary, come forth! Go to the kitchen and make burgers for your husband! Trump is a President! Greetings from Russia!
#DonaldTrump #draintheswamp #TrumpTrain #trump #trump2016
* (2016-11-08, Greg Butterfield writes): Salute to our comrades in Moscow who braved pouring, icy rain during last night's Red March marking the 99th anniversary of the Bolshevik Revolution! These photos are from Darya Mitina's blog.
* "Moscow Red March braves icy rain to mark 99 years of Bolshevik Revolution" (2016-11-08) [archive.is/cjVWL], (translated for redstaroverdonbass.blogspot.de) [archive.is/TQ2SQ], attached video [youtube.com/watch?v=8o65M7fxJUA]: Activists of the OKP, Rot Front, Communists of Russia (the KPRF did not participate), as well as the “Other Russia” movement and a number of opposition social organizations, began to assemble at 19.00. The rain and slush grew, flags fluttered in the cold wind. About 600 people gathered, and the columns marched happily – it was too cold to stand still and silent!
Like the revolutionary sailors on the same day in 1917, the columns marched against icy rain drops as under a hail of bullets, and repeated the slogans of October: “All power to the Soviets!”, “Down with the capitalist ministers!”...
We need a second socialist revolution, Russia will not survive unless it is freed from the ruling class and its economic crisis. This idea was emphasized by many speakers, who gave abbreviated remarks due to the brutal weather, at a rally at the monument to the heroes of the 1905 Revolution.
The United Communist Party was represented by OKP First Secretary V. Lakeev, member of the Presidium of the Central Committee of the OKP D. Mitin, and Secretary of the Central Committee of the OKP and rally organizer D. Sommer.
Photos: [archive.is/XhsU4] [archive.is/CRrzb] [archive.is/EWLAz] [archive.is/J94D2] [archive.is/OkIGO] [archive.is/h8G8W] [archive.is/KT0An]
* " 'Don't be afraid to destroy your apathy': New Communist Movement at Red March" (translated for redstaroverdonbass.blogspot.nl) [archive.is/udItu], attached video [youtube.com/watch?v=too7B7MckZk]: The New Communist Movement [vk.com/newcommunists] participates in the Red March on Revolution Day in Moscow, November 7, 2016.
Photos: [archive.is/QZJnO] [archive.is/Ggocw]
* "UK military threatened & amazed by Russia’s ‘revolutionary’ Armata tank – leak" (2016-11-06, rt.com) [archive.is/vnjlr]
Campaign of sabotage continues...
* "Massive energy blackout in Murmansk, Russia after reported blast at power station" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/QiME3]
* "Industrial plant collapse kills 4 in Ural region, Russia" (2016-11-09, rt.com) [archive.is/8RvQS]
New Cold War News - Frontline: Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela
* "Class struggle alive in Venezuela" (2016-11-02, workers.org) [archive.is/gAPq4] [begin excerpt]:
Right-wing maneuvers -
The Venezuelan right has resorted to a new campaign of protests and challenges to the government, including demanding a recall referendum. The referendum had to be postponed due to the hundreds of thousands of illegal signatures gathered on the petition, including those of dead people. Because of this postponement, the right-wing deputies of the MUD (Democratic Unity Roundtable) convened an Oct. 23 National Assembly meeting to present their plan of action.
At that meeting, they presented their document, which, among other things, called for ignoring the government of President Maduro. It demanded that the National Armed Forces disobey Maduro’s government, replace the leadership of the National Electoral Council and Supreme Court, and called on the people to demonstrate in the streets.
Their plan also included a rally called the “Taking of Venezuela” on Oct. 26, a 12-hour strike on Oct. 28 and a march to Miraflores [the presidential palace] on Nov. 3. They also want to “prosecute” President Maduro supposedly for “abandoning his post” because he went on a five-day visit to oil-exporting countries.
Rightwing plan did not hold -
But that same Oct. 23, the people who support the government did not remain muted or passive. Hundreds of people gathered outside the National Assembly and a group stormed angrily into the hemicycle [the legislature’s meeting hall]. RT reported that day: “Mrs. Nancy Villegas was one of the Bolivarian women who entered the special session: ‘Now as the President is traveling defending oil prices they want to remove him? We will not allow it. Do they (the opposition) believe this is Paraguay or Brazil? They are wrong. Here we will lose neither our country, nor the revolution.’”
Additionally, Defense Minister Gen. Vladimir Padrino and other members of the military high command publicly declared the armed forces’ loyalty to the constitution and the government on Oct. 25. Padrino ended his speech with an emphatic, “Chávez lives!”
Also on Oct. 25, when President Maduro returned from a trip to four oil-exporting countries who are trying to stabilize the price for this commodity by reducing its production, a huge red sea of people received him, showing their determination to defend the Bolivarian Revolution. They were the Chavista people, the poor, the ones who have won the most with the Revolution and who are clear on who their class enemy is: the oligarchy and its followers who live in Altamira and in the rich neighborhoods, where the poor are only servants.
The class divisions in Venezuela are clearer than ever. Despite the long lines for shopping, the result of the product shortages purposely caused by the product owners and the importing oligarchy, the pro-Chavista forces continue to defend the remaining achievements.
That is why the rightwing demonstration, the “Taking of Venezuela” scheduled for Oct. 26, while having a considerable attendance, was unable to “take” Venezuela. In some places they provoked confrontations and in one, the death of a policeman. That was a march of the rich, the white and the privileged, which was joined by that part of the poor who have been manipulated by the media because of their desire to change the difficult economic situation.
The poor Chavista people however, remain alert and permanently mobilized against the coup attempt by the right wing.
And the strike announced for Friday, Oct. 28? Even the imperialist media had to admit its failure. There was no stoppage: The people went to work and the vast majority of establishments were open as usual. For its plan, the right wing depends on the people — all the people — and the armed forces. But neither the people nor the armed forces was willing to defend the privileges of the bourgeoisie.
Meanwhile, on Oct. 30, a discussion began between the opposition and the Bolivarian government. Numerous prior attempts at dialogue in that country have all failed. The right wing talks only when they expect concessions. Fifteen organizations from the MUD signed a letter saying they will not participate in the talks because “conditions are not ripe.”
The dialogues are supported by international representatives: UNASUR [an intergovernmental regional organization comprising 12 South American countries], the Vatican, the ex-presidents Martín Torrijos of Panama and Leonel Fernández of the Dominican Republic, and former Prime Minister José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero of Spain. Four discussion groups were formed: peace and justice; reparations for victims and reconciliation; economic and social issues, and the pre-election atmosphere.
The main general issues that led to the search for a dialogue are the economic situation, an end to the political violence and the rejection of foreign intervention.
In a special address to the world, President Maduro called for global solidarity with Venezuela to defeat the coup in progress and to consolidate the revolution. [end excerpt]
* "Venezuelan Government Guarantees Food for the Holidays" (2016-11-03, venezuelanalysis.com) [archive.is/l6v02]:
Vice-President for Economy Carlos Faría confirmed Wednesday the arrival of 700 containers with goods for the December holidays. He indicated that 900 more containers will arrive in the coming days to La Guaira Port, Vargas state.
Faría detailed that the majority of the containers carry food such as olives used in the Venezuelan traditional Christmas dish, the hallaca. The vice-president also mentioned grapes, nuts, capers and toys were among the containers' belongings.
"This is an economy that is directed in attention to our people," he expressed. The recent delivery of goods to the South American country is part of the Great Sovereign Supply Mission focused on providing food and other goods to the Venezuelan people.
Faría emphasized that in 17 years the Bolivarian Revolution has secured all the means for holiday celebrations. "We will not allow that this year be any different," he said.
While the 1,600 containers specified are destined for La Guaira, there are also plans to receive imports in Puerto Cabello in Valencia, Maracaibo in Zulia, and Guanta in Anzaoteguí.
Meanwhile, Nutrition Minister Rodolfo Marcos Torres announced on national radio that tens of thousands of tons of wheat will reach Venezuela through January 2017 to guarantee bread production across the country's bakeries. The wheat will also be used to process pasta among other goods.
"Sixty thousand tons are secured for this month and another shipment will arrive covering 100% of [the country's] pasta needs for November," he expressed.
Moreover, Torres confirmed that the country has produced enough white and yellow corn through March 2017 in addition to 30,000 tons of sugar. "We have three shipments of sugar moored with 890,000 tons more that should arrive throughout December," Torres informed.
* "Maduro Accuses Financial Institutions of Trying to Destabilise Venezuela" (2016-11-04, venezuelanalysis.com) [archive.is/L4PcO]:
Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro accused international financial institutions of unfairly persecuting his country.
The president argued his government has consistently honoured its debt obligations in recent years, and dismissed speculation his administration faces the risk of default.
“This is the only country in the world that pays out more than US$60 million dollars (in debt obligations), which is a very high percent (of our GDP),” he told state broadcaster VTV.
Maduro added, “We have absolute solvency (in terms of) finance, politics, institutions, morals – the criminal (international financial) raters are increasing the risk (assessments) as a way to attack us.”
He continued by arguing this attack has persisted for three years, with ratings agencies using negative credit outlooks to lay the groundwork for the destabilization of his socialist government.
Throughout Maduro’s first year in office, 2013, Venezuela saw its credit rating downgraded by ratings agencies Moody’s and S&P, with Fitch following suit in March 2014. In January 2015, Moody’s revised its outlook, and put its outlook at stable. A newer report from the same agency in March 2016 returned its outlook to negative.
Meanwhile, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) predicted last month Venezuela would see GDP contract by 10 percent this year (.pdf) [is.gd/Ow28TM]. It made the same prediction in 2015 (.pdf) [is.gd/r7npVW]. The fund has since conceded 2015 GDP contraction was nearly half that figure, at 5.7 percent.
Over the past two years Venezuela has seen a wave of scarcity of consumer goods, and surging inflation. Last week the country’s currency, the BsF, lost around a third of its value in a matter of days. The spike in inflation came on the heels of news Maduro would increase the minimum wage by 40 percent.
At the time, leading Venezuela expert Greg Wilpert said the collapse in the BsF’s value was likely due to a mix of political and economic factors.
“It’s hard to say how much is political and how much is economic, but if I had to guess, I would say it’s about 50-50,” he said.
* "Cuba announces nationwide military drills after Trump victory" (2016-11-09, rt.com) [archive.is/tyuN1]
New Cold War News - Frontline: Arab Republic of Syria
* "Syrian conflict is ‘between Cold War & WWIII’ – Assad to UK media" (2016-11-06, rt.com) [archive.is/9aG2w]: Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has told the Sunday Times that the Syrian conflict can be described as something “between the Cold War and Third World War,” adding that Syria is struggling and has little international support.
“We call it a world war, but it’s a world war against Syria, tens of countries against us, sending those terrorists money and logistics, whereas our army is only Syrian, so we struggled,” he said in the interview released on Sunday.
Assad also noted that he sees no solution in sight, because the other side has powerful allies, and they are interfering in the situation in Syria.
“If you ask me what the topics would be for a political solution, I don’t know,” he said. “No one has proposed anything.”
“To talk about a political solution while the other side is controlled by masters in Saudi, Turkey, the UK, the USA, and France is not realistic. The core of the problem is those countries are interfering. If they stop, then the terrorists will be weak and leave or be defeated, and then we can sit as Syrians and talk about solutions,” the Syrian president added.
Given the dire state of affairs, military support from Russia has been essential, Assad said.
“What made the difference, of course, was firepower. They have firepower we don’t have,” he said, noting that, while other allies in the region have provided help, it has been far from enough.
“We have some support from Hezbollah, but Lebanon is a country of only four million, so will be small. And some from the Iranians; but they didn’t send troops, they sent officers to help.”
“At the end we were fighting an unlimited reserve of terrorists coming to Syria and we struggled, so Russian firepower and Iranian support has compensated,” he explained.
For decades, Russia has proven to be a loyal and trustworthy ally to Syria that doesn’t put pressure on the country, Assad said. “Of course we make the decisions. The Russian military has been in Syria for six decades. Their policy rests on two things — morals and international law. Even if they have a point of view, they say: ‘This is your country, you know more.’ They never try to interfere because they don’t want anything from us. They don’t ask us to be a puppet president.”
“They know if Syria loses the war against terrorism, this terrorism will prevail in Europe, and that affects Russia and everyone in the world,” he concluded.
Meanwhile, Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said in an interview with Israel’s Channel 2 TV released on Saturday that Russia’s primary aim is to enhance its own security by preventing the jihadists from former Soviet republics that are fighting in Syria from returning to Russia and carrying out attacks there.
At the same time, on Sunday, the US-backed forces, as well as the ‘rebels,’ announced that they are launching a major offensive on Raqqa, the ‘capital’ of Islamic State [IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL] in Syria. The Syrian Democratic Forces, or SDF, said some 30,000 fighters are to take part in the operation. Reports say that militants within the city have begun putting up fortifications in preparation for the SDF assault and have reportedly forbidden the residents from leaving. They have also mined the approaches to the city and set up a network of checkpoints along them.
* "Russia to keep staging ‘humanitarian pauses’ in Aleppo but won’t let terrorists take advantage – MoD" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/xW3KP]
* "ALEPPO OFFENSIVE: Russia and Syria send in elite units, catch terrorists in cauldron" (2016-11-02, rusvesna.su, translated for fort-russ.com) [archive.is/M1266], attached videos [youtube.com/watch?v=H0V1y904NBk] [youtube.com/watch?v=0tq8BvUKYM0]
* "ALEPPO: Russia declares new humanitarian pause, Lavrov demands US compliance" (2016-11-02, tvzvezda.ru, translated for fort-russ.com) [archive.is/d0LBv]
* " ‘We’ve delivered 100 tons of aid to Aleppo, Americans haven’t brought one breadcrumb’ – Russian MoD" (2016-11-06, rt.com) [archive.is/0EMoz], attached videos [youtube.com/watch?v=GU7EfbHkYb0] [youtube.com/watch?v=KEmhinRcj_E] [begin excerpt]: In a daily US State Department press briefing on Friday, John Kirby said that no humanitarian aid has been provided to the residents of Aleppo, including during the recent humanitarian pauses announced by the Russian and Syrian governments. Saturday marked 19 days since Russian and Syrian planes ceased carrying out airstrikes on terrorist positions in the city, according to the Russian Defense Ministry.
Russian and Syrian government forces also established humanitarian corridors through which both civilians and militants could leave the area, while international organizations also had the opportunity to deliver humanitarian aid. The militants have been reluctant to leave, however, and have been keeping civilians as human shields while incessantly shelling the government-held areas of the city. Yet the US State Department claimed that the citizens of Aleppo “certainly aren’t feeling any benefits” from Russia’s relief efforts. A humanitarian pause was designed for what? To allow people to leave, but it was also to allow aid to get in. And how much aid has gotten in? None. [...]", John Kirby told the journalists on Friday [archive.is/fytyq].
In response, the Russian Defense Ministry spokesman noted that such statements show how differently Moscow and Washington see “humanitarian pauses.”
“Such statements show once again how different our understanding of the ‘benefits’ from the humanitarian pauses are is. For us it is, above all, aiding the people. Therefore, throughout our entire operation in combatting international terrorism in Syria, we have been paying very close attention to reconciliation efforts and humanitarian assistance to the Syrians.
“‘Beneficial’ help, in the view of the State Department, as we have seen, is a column of trucks that are to be directed to the eastern [rebel-held] part of Aleppo without inspection and control and accompanied by large-caliber mortars,” Konashenkov specified, noting that if the “benefit” of a humanitarian pause is to be taken in this sense, then the last one really wasn’t beneficial. He also stressed once more that, while accusing Russia of poorly managing the Syrian conflict, Washington itself has failed to deliver on its obligations under the Russian-American agreements within the ISSG (International Syria Support Group), which are aimed at bringing peace to the war-torn state.
“The US could not for all that time deliver on its obligations under the Russian-American agreements. Russia has not received any maps or coordinates of [terrorist-related] objects, or other information about any terrorist organization in Syria, from Islamic State [IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL] to Al-Nusra.”
“And note this: When journalists record the shelling of residential areas, the State Department [says] it’s Al-Nusra, but when the Syrian army is forced to return fire to the areas where it came from, the State Department calls it an attack on the ‘opposition,’” the Russian spokesman said. [end excerpt]
* "84 killed by rebel shelling over past 3 days in Aleppo, mostly women & children – Syrian Army" (2016-10-31, rt.com) [archive.is/K3LUg]
* "ISIS, Al-Qaeda and the “moderate rebels” are fighting together in Aleppo; Western claims that the "moderate rebels" fighting the Syrian government are totally separate and antagonistic to ISIS are disproved by the fighting in Aleppo" (2016-11-03, theduran.com) [archive.is/9hQOm]
* "ISIS boss al-Baghdadi ‘trapped’ in Mosul as Iraqi army gears up for takeover – reports" (2016-11-02, rt.com) [archive.is/9TNR1]
* "British spies say ISIS leader escaped Mosul as Iraqi forces stormed city" (2016-11-04, rt.com) [archive.is/cfZBd]: The leader of Islamic State, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who urged his followers to “not retreat” from Mosul when faced with Iraqi forces, has fled the city himself, British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson has revealed.
The terror leader’s reported escape comes after al-Baghdadi released an audio recording telling his followers to keep fighting until the bitter end to hold the city, which is Islamic State’s (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) last major foothold in Iraq.
Al-Baghdadi told his followers in Arabic to “make their blood flow like rivers.” [...]
It is believed that the IS leader may have fled using a series of underground tunnels that were uncovered by Iraqi forces. Johnson did not say where al-Baghdadi might be.
The foreign secretary assured MPs that IS would be driven out of Mosul, which has been governed by the terrorist group since June of 2014. [...]
Johnson warned that IS extremists were becoming increasingly violent as their defeat becomes inevitable.
“The terrorists have threatened to inflict a scorched earth campaign once the loss of Mosul becomes inevitable.
“Already, they have set oil wells ablaze and destroyed a sulphur plant south of the city, releasing clouds of noxious gas.
“Daesh’s vindictiveness in defeat may cause many of Mosul’s people to flee,” he warned. [...]
US-backed coalition forces stormed across Mosul’s eastern border on Tuesday after two weeks of advancing through surrounding IS territory. [end excerpt]
* "Iraqi Army Discovers US-Made Missiles in ISIS's Military Base in Mosul" (2016-10-31, en.alalam.ir) [archive.is/Kfo5h]: Iraqi army and popular forces have discovered a number of US-made missiles from a military position of the ISIS (ISIL, IS, Daesh) in the Southern part of Mosul, informed local sources disclosed after the first group of pro-government troops opened their way into Southern Mosul on Monday.
"Several US-made missiles were found in al-Shoura region to the South of Mosul," a local source said on Monday.
The Iraqi army and popular forces had found US-made missiles in Anbar province several times before.
Provincial officials confirmed that the US-made weapons were sent by the US-led anti-ISIL coalition airplane for the ISIL terrorists in Anbar province.
Meantime, Iraqi security officials announced that the ISIL has sent US-made military equipment to Tal Afar region in the last two days to stand strong against Iraqi popular forces' impending attack to capture the region.
"The ISIL terrorists have sent US-made TOW anti-tank missiles to Tal Afar and it is quite evident that they are preparing for a long-term war," the Arabic-language media quoted an Iraqi security official as saying on Monday.
In late August 2015, a senior Iraqi intelligence official revealed that the US helicopters drop weapons and other aids for the ISIL terrorists in the Western province of al-Anbar.
"The fighters present at the forefront of fighting against the ISIL always see US helicopters flying over the ISIL-controlled areas and dropping weapons and urgent aids for them," the official who called for anonymity told FNA.
Yet, he said the helicopters could have also been sent from Turkey or Israel.
He added that in addition to dropping aids, the helicopters transfer the ISIL ringleaders and wounded members from the battleground to some hospitals in Syria or other countries which support the terrorist group.
The official cautioned that such assistance further prolongs the conflicts in Anbar, adding that when the Iraqi army and popular forces purge the terrorists from Anbar province, the US helicopters will transfer the ISIL ringleaders to other regions to prevent the Iraqi forces' access to ISIL secrets.
Also in March 2015, a group of Iraqi popular forces known as Al-Hashad Al-Shabi shot down the US Army helicopter that was carrying weapons for the ISIL in the Western parts of Al-Baghdadi region in Al-Anbar province.
Meantime in February 2015, a senior lawmaker disclosed that Iraq’s army had shot down two British planes as they were carrying weapons for the ISIL terrorists in Al-Anbar province.
“The Iraqi Parliament’s National Security and Defense Committee has access to the photos of both planes that are British and have crashed while they were carrying weapons for the ISIL,” al-Zameli said.
* "ISIS kills 400+ deserters & civilians around Mosul – UN" (2016-11-04, rt.com) [archive.is/sDQHX]
* "US-led coalition turned Mosul op into ‘medieval slaughter’– Russian FM spokeswoman" (2016-11-06, rt.com) [archive.is/vyCZy]
* "US special forces come to Mosul frontline – media" (2016-11-06, rt.com) [archive.is/E3Zv2]
* "16 US soldiers killed, 27 wounded since start of Mosul op – military source" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/vBtTS]
* "ISIS forces thousands of civilians to retreat with them from town near Mosul – UN" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/JRAaf]
* "A Bloodier Battle for Mosul Might Begin After the Ouster of ISIS; The competing territorial claims of the Turks, Kurds, and Iraqi central government could result in an ethno-sectarian conflict after the military offense, warns York University professor Sabah Alnasseri" (2016-10-20, therealnews.com) [is.gd/Q1F63A]
* "Raqqa rift: State Dept says US leaves once ISIS ousted, military plan to hold & govern city" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/7a3LW], attached video [is.gd/OpFIRO]
* "US troopers pictured near Raqqa as Syrian rebels start anti-ISIS offensive" (2016-11-06, rt.com) [archive.is/HkDbx], attached video [is.gd/Uz3rHD]
* "US-backed Syrian militia move to retake ISIS ‘capital’ Raqqa with American air cover" (2016-11-06, rt.com) [archive.is/M8j0k], earlier headline "Syrian rebels start campaign to retake ISIS ‘capital’ Raqqa with US air cover" [archive.is/60IdU]: A US-backed Syrian militia group has launched a campaign to retake the city of Raqqa, the de facto capital of Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) in the country. The assault is to begin within hours, with cover from the US Air Force.
The Syrian Democratic Forces, or SDF, said some 30,000 fighters are to take part in the operation.
The operation, called Angry Euphrates, was announced earlier on Sunday by SDF commanders in a press conference in the Syrian town of Ain Issa, about 60 kilometers northwest of Raqqa. The commanders said the goal of the operation is to liberate Raqqa from terrorists. The SDF had set up a command center to coordinate with the US-led coalition. The first step of the operation will be to isolate the city, and only after this will the assault begin, a source in the US administration told AFP news agency.
The SDF is a militia alliance formed in 2015 with the goal of battling Islamic State. The Syrian YPG Kurdish force, one of Syria’s most powerful militias, is regarded as the backbone of the alliance.
Announcing their offensive, the SDF warned Raqqa residents to avoid areas where IS militants are known to be present.
They also urged all civilians to move to territories liberated from IS.
Reports say that militants within the city have begun putting up fortifications in preparation for the SDF assault and have reportedly forbidden the residents from leaving. They have also mined the approaches to the city and set up a network of checkpoints along them.
The SDF announcement comes amid the ongoing operation to liberate another IS stronghold – the city of Mosul in Iraq. Mosul, now the self-proclaimed capital of Islamic State in Iraq, was captured by the terrorists back in 2014. The Iraqi Army, along with a number of local militias, started the offensive to retake the city on October 17. Some 30,000 soldiers and militiamen backed by the US-led international coalition are taking part in the advance.
Since it was formed in early 2015, the SDF has seized large swathes of territory along the Syria-Turkey border and pushed IS back to within 30 kilometers (18 miles) of Raqqa, a provincial capital on the Euphrates River in Syria’s largely desert east.
Several hundred US Special Forces operatives were sent into Syria earlier this year to “advise and assist” the SDF.
The United States considers the YPG the most effective force against IS, but Turkey has repeatedly said it will not accept a role for the Kurds in the liberation of Raqqa. Ankara, a key US ally in the region, regards the Syrian Kurds as terrorists allied with Kurdish insurgents inside Turkey.
“Our hope is that the Turkish state will not interfere in the internal affairs of Syria,” an unidentified SDF official declared at Sunday’s press conference. “Raqqa will be freed by its own sons,” he added.
Neither Turkey nor the United States has yet commented on SDF’s announcement.
US officials have previously acknowledged that liberating Raqqa will pose tougher political challenges than liberating Mosul, given Syria’s political and military landscape. However, the commander of anti-IS coalition forces, Lieutenant General Stephen Townsend, said last week that no matter what, the Kurds will be an important part of the operation. “The facts are these: The only force that is capable on any near-term timeline is the Syrian Democratic Forces, of which the YPG are a significant portion. So, we’re negotiating; we’re planning; we’re having talks with Turkey, and we’re gonna take this in steps,” he said.
Raqqa has a population of roughly 300 thousand people. It is located some 520 kilometers from Damascus.
* "Russian battle group in Mediterranean ready to launch strikes on militants near Aleppo – source" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/98Nxi]
* "Pictures of alleged Turkish special ops in Syria circulate on social media" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/8dIMD]
* "Israeli warplanes hit Syrian forces after failed rebel offensive" (2016-11-09, almasdarnews.com) [archive.is/v0Cyz]: Israeli fighter jets bombed today afternoon several sites for the Syrian government forces in the southern province of Quneitra.
The attack was carried out a short time after the Syrian Army and pro-government fighters repelled a major offensive launched by jihadi groups on the predominantly-Druze village of Hadar.
According to a military source, 4 air-to-surface missiles targeted Tal Al-Sha'ar, without reporting any casualties.
Meanwhile, jihadi fighters continue to shell the villages of Harfa and Hadar with mortar shells and homegrown rockets after their bid to make a progress on the ground has practically failed.
Syrian Army positions in Quneitra have recurrently come under Israeli warplanes attacks; an aggression seen by the Syrian government as a blatant and explicit support for Islamist rebels fighting under the banner of al-Qaeda.
New Cold War News - Frontline: Arab Refugees
* " ‘Despised, exploited, enslaved’: Pope Francis says govts push refugees into hands of traffickers" (2016-11-06, rt.com) [archive.is/sQMr4]
* "Send them back to Africa: EU should intercept asylum seekers at sea, says German Interior Ministry" (2016-11-06, rt.com) [archive.is/i96ht]
New Cold War News - Frontline: Republic of Ukraine
Why would the administrators installed by the USA State Dept. be shocked that their benefactor, Hillary Clinton, is not the choice of their fascist brethren in the USA?
* "Kiev shocked: Americans of Ukrainian descent vote for Trump in USA" (2016-11-06, dninews.com) [archive.is/IVDt5]: Citizens of the USA of the Ukrainian descent don't have a uniform opinion on electoral preferences at the upcoming presidential elections, writes the Kiev magazine "Korrespondent".
"By the way, in the USA there exists an opinion that if someone supports Trump, it is the Jewish diaspora: he made advances to them more than once, promising support of Israel. At the same time our diaspora confirms: many Americans will go to elections with mood "It’s time to change something." And here from two candidates Trump has more chances," notes the edition.
"In my opinion, the Ukrainian who will go to vote for Trump, will be as a Jew choosing Hitler," said the chief researcher of the Institute of Ukraine’s General History Alexander Potekhin.
"Nevertheless I know our former compatriots who will vote for the republican. They say: "We have seen Clinton at the power already. Now we want something new," he added.
* "Unpaid Chernobyl veterans, underpaid teachers storm the Rada" (2016-11-01, politobzor.net, translated for fort-russ.com) [archive.is/zaITJ]
* "The exodus from Ukraine to Russia, 80,000 people a week" (2016-11-03, Konsomolskaya Pravda, translated for fort-russ.com) [archive.is/Lfr94], translated photo caption: "No need for Ukrainian youth in migrant-saturated Europe, but it's easy to find earnings in Russia"
* "How the internet is making even Ukrainian Nazis into Russians..." (2016-10-27, translated for fort-russ.com) [archive.is/Y3bXB] [begin excerpt]: On October 27th, 2016, the heads of the Verkhovna Rada committee on culture and freedom of speech, Ruslan Knyazhnitsky and Viktoriya Syumar, put forth a bill which, besides guaranteeing new preferences for the Ukrainian language, proposes to ban Russian-language print products. It’s not difficult to understand this Russophobia. For 25 years, they have been struggling to oust the Russian language from official usage in the country, but the last decade has shown the futility of their attempts. The Russian language is becoming the language of communication among the youth of Ukrainian cities, even those who earlier spoke Ukrainian. [end excerpt]
* "Terrorist State: Ukraine threatens to shoot down Belarusian civilian plane" (2016-11-01, fort-russ.com) [archive.is/CiHVO] [begin excerpt]: On November 1st, Sputnik Belarus published the scandalous transcript of talks between the crew of a Belavia Belarusian Airlines plane and Ukrainian dispatchers [archive.is/bjZrp]. On October 22nd, a civilian aircraft of Belavia Belarusian Airlines flew from the Zhulyany Airport near Kiev to Minsk. When the plane was 50 km away from the Belarusian border, the plane’s crew received a message from the Zhulyany airport’s dispatch service demanding that they immediately return to the point of departure. The dispatcher stated that, if the plane failed to comply with the demands, fighter jets would be sent. The Ukrainian dispatcher said: “For failure to comply, military aircraft will be sent up to intercept you.” [end excerpt]
* "Ukrainian Site “Mirotvorets” Offers $2000 for Graham Phillips’ Head; The website of the Ukrainian terrorists “Mirotvorets” published a “funny” order to murder, wound, or capture British journalist Graham Phillips…" (2016-10-21, jpgazeta.ru, translated by Ollie Richardson & Angelina Siard) [archive.is/2AAba]
* "Mass Grave of Civilians Discovered in Donbass" (2016-10-20, Nahnews.org, translated by Ollie Richardson) [archive.is/n6A6M]
* "Heads Covered With Tape & Executed: Details on Mass Shooting of Residents by UAF" (2016-10-21, Newsfront.info, translated by Ollie Richardson) [archive.is/9cBSI]
* "Lugansk Resident Identified Her Son From Remains in Mass Grave of UAF victims" (2016-10-22, Lug-info.com, translated by Ollie Richardson & Angelina Siard) [archive.is/41XPW], attached video [youtube.com/watch?v=QnIEtTSpV9Y]
* " 'Svoboda' Fears the Creation of the Odessa People’s Republic" (2016-10-22, timer-odessa.net, translated by Ollie Richardson & Angelina Siard) [archive.is/fLi1e]:
The All-Ukrainian Union “Svoboda” Odessa regional organization demanded from the president of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko to initiate the dissolution of the Odessa regional council because of an attempt to disrupt the process of decommunization in the region.
This was stated on the official page of the organization on the social network Facebook.
“Deputies of the Odessa regional council decided to appeal to the president of Ukraine to return the names of the streets of Odessa that they carried before being renamed by the chairman of Regional State Administration in May, 2016. The Odessa Regional Council demands to remove from the maps of the city streets named in honor of the defenders of Ukraine who heroically died in the East,” representatives of “Svoboda” wrote.
As a reminder, during the regional council session on October 20th deputies decided to appeal to the president of Ukraine to cancel the order of the governor of Odessa region Mikheil Saakashvili concerning the renaming of streets according to the law on decommunization. The representative of the “oppositional bloc” Viktor Baransky was the initiator of this address. He was supported by 52 deputies of the Odessa Regional Council, including the chairman of regional council Anatoly Urbansky.
“The decision of the Odessa Regional Council made the first step towards separatism, and the synchronism and coordination of a vote for an anti-state decision, showed that in the future there is a danger that also synchronously and harmoniously these deputies can vote for the creation of the Odessa People’s Republic as it was done in Donbass. The further work of deputies, who during war demanded the cancellation of Ukrainian names, is impossible, and we demand the dissolution of the operating convocation of the Odessa Regional Council,” summarized the organization.
* "It All Comes Crashing Down: Saakashvili Resigns as Governor of Odessa. Washington Has Lost Control; Saakashvili cuts and runs. Again. He didn't do it without permission from Washington. In other words: Poroshenko is toast" (2016-11-07, by Matthew Allen) [archive.is/iwXc9]
* "Saakashvili’s Resignation Connected With US Elections" (2016-11-07, russian.rt.com, translated by Ollie Richardson & Angelina Siard) [archive.is/STCNN]
Saakasvili's wanted by Interpol and Georgia for corruption, among other things.... but is shown to be employed by the USA State Dept., with the usual suspect censorship in State Dept.-infiltrated news media concerning his criminality. For example:
* "Quitting as regional governor, Saakashvili hits out at Ukraine's Poroshenko" (2016-11-07, Reuters Newswire) [archive.is/DyqHK] [begin excerpt]: Saakashvili, who is widely credited with cracking down on graft when he led Georgia from 2004 till 2013, was appointed Odessa governor in May 2015 in a surprise move by Poroshenko.
Saakashvili has since repeatedly accused the Kiev leadership of lacking a real commitment to reform and his political allies said this had made him a target of political infighting. [end excerpt]
New Cold War News - Frontline: People's Republics of Donetsk and Lugansk
* "NATO troops test Ukrainian weapons in Donbass" (2016-10-30, politnavigator.net, translated for fort-russ.com) [archive.is/ljoGm]
* "Skype with Texas: American fighter in Ukraine" (2016-11-02)
- part 1 [youtube.com/watch?v=bqWMBGUgafY]
- part 2 [youtube.com/watch?v=Z1jFh-dYKB8]
- part 3 [youtube.com/watch?v=wNMYOTPsKkk]
* "DPR plans to open 5 new "embassies" in Europe" (2016-11-03, translated for fort-russ.com) [archive.is/IRo4k]: The Donetsk People’s Republic is discussing opening five new representative offices in EU countries similar to the one already established in Czech Republic. This was announced by the acting minister of foreign affairs of the self-proclaimed republic, Natalya Nikonorova.
Nikonorova recalled that the DPR’s first representative office is already successfully working in Czech Republic and a program for its activities until the end of the year has been worked out.
“We are very grateful to Mrs. Nela Liskova, our representative in the Czech Republic with whom we’ve worked in this direction, as well as the citizens of the Czech Republic, who are not indifferent to us,” the DPR’s foreign minister expressed thanks.
“Now we plan to open several more such centers in Europe. In total, around five are under development for now,” Nikonorova reported.
The diplomat remarked that there are several challenges facing the DPR on this matter. “Not all states and not all governments in Europe are friendly and sympathetic towards the DPR. But we are working through the laws of every state in order to open our centers there in accordance with state legislation, so that there would be no possibility to reproach us,” she stated.
Nikonorova also expressed hope that attitudes towards the DPR will change for the better in many countries of Europe in the future.
* "Zakharchenko: Kiev should forget Debaltsevo, get ready for me in Kiev" (2016-11-03, tvzvezda.ru, translated for fort-russ.com) [archive.is/v2JRE]
* (2016-11-04, Matt Florence): The anti-fascist Motorola Unit trains in eastern Ukraine to protect Donbass against the various far right nationalist and neo-nazi paramilitaries which have attacked them. Motorola comprises of native Ukrainians, Russian-Ukrainians, and various foreign volunteer fighters. Only a few weeks ago their leader was assassinated when a bomb exploded in the elevator near his flat. Watch the video [https://www.facebook.com/mat.floor.7/videos/590847404459427/].
* "Ghost Brigade: Celebrating two years of Volunteer Communist Battalion" (2016-11-07, by Alexey Markov, translated for redstaroverdonbass.blogspot.nl) [archive.is/VyhWW]:
- "The holiday!" [archive.is/a9Kyx], illustration [archive.is/SGWH5]:
Congratulations to all comrades on the 99th anniversary of the Great October Socialist Revolution! On that day 99 years ago, for the first time in the history of humanity, the insurgent people were not only able to take power into their own hands, but also hold it by building the world’s first workers’ state. The energy released by the people in October helped us defeat the worst enemy of all humanity and opened the way into space. And no matter how today’s media and the hangers-on of power try to belittle the importance of those historic days, the people will always remember the great achievements of the Soviet state.
Our ancestors did it then -- hopefully our children will be able to tomorrow!
- Russian-Finnish-Tatar-Mongol-Judeo-Buryat Moskal robs woman of her child with the words: "This is the third month our cured hedgehogs have not been delivered -- we've nothing to eat!" \ [archive.is/YTJnU]
- I selected the same one that evening – to eat. [archive.is/24nqG]
The International Solidarity Brigade's "Europe-Donbass" Caravan
* "Italian activists launch European aid convoy to Donbass" (2016-11-08, Coordinamento Ucraina Antifascista) [archive.is/prCh0]: November 5 - We went to Donbass and we visited the shelled schools, we gathered books under the ruins, walked among the houses destroyed by grads. We spoke to common people, with institutions, with teachers, with those employed in nursing homes and school canteens. We made a commitment: bring the solidarity of European people to the people of Donbass, who resist the war that our NATO governments brought there.
This morning, thanks to the tireless work of Italian comrades and committees, who in recent months have collected humanitarian aid, the first convoy left for its first stop, Slovakia, to fill a truck, which will arrive in Donbass after crossing all over Europe. We ask all anti-fascists to support us, to carry forward international solidarity to a people who are resisting, to put aside unnecessary divisions and unite behind the simple slogan: ¡No pasarán!
For more info, please contact us:
On Facebook: [facebook.com/CoordinamentoUcrainaAntifascista]
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Report (in Italian) [archive.is/eEr6j]. Photos of the delivery: [archive.is/q1Uq0] [archive.is/GYyFL] [archive.is/TNdSr] [archive.is/QFeQm] [archive.is/jqyhN] [archive.is/lvSjb] [archive.is/XXRVd] [archive.is/dUv9Y] [archive.is/tRaoJ]
* (2016-11-08, facebook.com/CoordinamentoUcrainaAntifascista) [archive.is/cVF9G], visit link to read the announcement in Italian.
The Banda Bassotti are participatating in the drive up to May 1st, 2017 (facebook.com/bandabassottiband)
New Cold War News - Frontline: Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK)
* "North Korea May Be Actively 'Building Underground Nuclear Power Plant' ; North Korea is now changing quite rapidly and some of these changes are already visible upon visiting the country, a leading researcher at the Institute for Far Eastern Studies, Konstantin Asmolov, told Sputnik Korea" (2016-11-07, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/Ms7oH]
In the following remarkable example, being an article by Josh Rogin of the State Dept. media organ The Washington Post, as he is quoting neoconservative Wendy Sherman on a public declaration of an extended war against the people of northern Korea...
* "The coming clash with China over North Korea" (2016-11-06, washingtonpost.com) [archive.is/opbRS] [begin excerpt]:
If Hillary Clinton is elected, her national security team plans to urgently address the growing North Korean nuclear and missile threat. That would surely raise tensions on the Korean peninsula — and it could also lead to an early and acrimonious confrontation between a Clinton administration and the Chinese government of Xi Jinping.
Xi is staunchly opposed to Clinton’s plan to drastically increase sanctions on the regime of Kim Jong Un. At the Munich Security Conference Core Group meeting here last week, Chinese officials and experts delivered a clear and unequivocal message to the visiting Westerners: China will not take any steps against Pyongyang that might increase the chance of a confrontation with the North Korean regime or encourage regime change on China’s border.
Chinese Vice Foreign Minister Zhang Yesui said that although China might endorse a limited U.N. Security Council resolution in response to North Korea’s recent provocations, there’s no Chinese appetite for further pressure. The Chinese rationale is simple: Beijing values stability on the Korean peninsula more than it fears the growing prospect that North Korea will succeed in its goal of becoming a full-fledged nuclear power capable of striking the West.
“China will never allow war or chaos on the peninsula, and if that occurs that will help no one,” Zhang said. “We need to bring the issue back to the track of dialogue and consultation.” [...]
Chinese officials at the conference warned that the proposed Clinton policy carries a risk of sparking a war on the Korean peninsula, and they expressed the suspicion that the unstated U.S. motivation was to spur regime change in Pyongyang.
The Clinton team has a plan to allay Chinese fears about regime change. Her advisers intend to push for a new dialogue with Beijing to discuss what would happen if the sanctions inadvertently cause the regime to collapse or if the regime implodes on its own due to mounting internal tensions.
“We are not talking about creating a regime change, but should something happen, China needs to know its interests are going to be protected,”
Wendy Sherman, a former undersecretary of state for political affairs and a top Clinton campaign foreign policy adviser, said last month at the Meridian Global Leadership Summit. “The South Koreans believe in tightening the noose around North Korea. . . . We believe in that as well.”
New Cold War News - Frontline: Republic of Korea
* "North Korea defector arrested for messages praising Kim Jong Un" (2016-11-03, UPI Newswire) [archive.is/FudT5]: A defector suspected of praising North Korea's ruling family has been arrested for violating South Korean law.
The defector, whose identity is being protected, may have posted 63 statements on the Internet praising the "three generations of Kims," Yonhap news agency reported on Thursday.
South Korea's Incheon District Public Prosecutor's Office said the 44-year-old man is being held on charges of praising the North Korean regime and inciting others to do the same.
South Korea's anti-communist National Security Law bans public expressions of pro-North Korean sentiment, and also applies to "any person who makes contact with a member of an anti-state organization or a person who has received an order from it."
The defector allegedly began posting messages on websites for the defector community in December 2009 and continued posting online until July 2016, according to the report.
The messages consisted of praise for North Korea founder Kim Il Sung and his son Kim Jong Il.
The defector also spoke favorably of current leader Kim Jong Un.
"Let us raise the red flag high! Let us follow the revered leader Kim Jong Un and fly the flag. Allegiance to the revolutionary leader is the will and conscience of the revolutionary warrior," one message read.
The defector, who worked as a middle school chemistry teacher in North Korea for three years, was using songs from North Korean textbooks, according to Yonhap.
The man also used computers in public libraries and similar spaces to post the online messages to deter investigators.
The defector left North Korea in July 2005 and entered the South in April 2007, according to the report.
Human Rights Watch has criticized South Korea's National Security Law for targeting people with differing political opinions with criminal charges, rather than "debating the underlying issues."
* [http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/252985.pdf] [begin excerpt]: South Koreans who read material published in THE DPRK or express positive or supportive views about the DPRK are subject to arrest. Pro-DPRK political parties are banned.
Although South Korean laws generally uphold the right to free speech, the US State Department, in a 2015 human rights report, noted that there are troubling exceptions.
During the year, prosecutions under the National Security Law (NSL) for speech that allegedly supported or praised the DPRK government continued.
The NSL criminalizes actions interpreted to be in support of North Korea or otherwise against the state. The government used this law to arrest and imprison civilians, deport foreigners, and disband political parties.
Domestic and international NGOs continued to call for reform or repeal of the law, contending its provisions do not clearly define prohibited activity. [end excerpt]
* [http://www.uwpep.org/Index/KOREA_HOME.html] [begin excerpt]: The [South Korea] National Security Law (NSL), which was enacted in 1948, criminalizes 'anti-state' activities such as praising North Korea, or questioning South Korea’s stance on issues related to North Korea."
"The NSL is seen as the most serious affront to free speech and assembly rights within the country. [end excerpt]
New Cold War News - Frontline: People's Republic of China
* "China Launches Construction of Country’s First Floating Nuclear Power Station" (2016-11-08, sputniknews.com) [archive.is/bU4Gi]: The construction will be led by the China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC), according to the Daily Economic News newspaper. The nuclear power plant will have a ACPR50S reactor, the exact location of the plant is not yet defined.
In April, the head of CNNC Sun Qin announced the construction of the first floating nuclear power plant to be launched by the end of 2016 and put into operation in 2019. The project cost of one such plant is estimated at $461 million.
There are currently 30 energy units in China, with a total capacity of 28 gigawatts (GW), while another 24 power units are under construction.
* "Dozens of Chinese officials jailed over Tianjin explosions which killed 165" (2016-11-09, rt.com) [archive.is/Ju82M]
New Cold War News - Frontline: Republic of The Philippines
The 91% approval rating for the policies of President Rodi Duterte is a reflection of socialist policies to alleviate poverty.
* "NAPC chief says decline in poverty incidence is 'probably artificial' " (2016-11-02, gmanetwork.com) [archive.is/lt4Ip]
* "Maguindanao acquires P47 million worth of heavy equipment" (2016-10-27, philstar.com) [archive.is/DoDyj] [begin excerpt]: What the late Gov. Datu Andal Ampatuan Sr. failed to provide his hometown during a 20-year reign, his newcomer relative-politicians addressed in just four months.
The neophyte Marop Ampatuan, elected mayor of Shariff Aguak only last May 9, had just procured P47 million worth of heavy equipment for their local government unit, a need his predecessors failed to focus their attention on.
The Shariff Aguak LGU did not even have a functional truck for disposal of garbage when Datu Andal and his two sons, Zaldy and Anwar, both jailed in connection with the infamous Nov. 23, 2009 “Maguindanao massacre,” served as mayors one after another after from the 1980s to 2009.
What proliferated during that time in Shariff Aguak and nearby towns under the “political principality” of Datu Andal were private militias of local executives who owned flashy four by four vehicles and wore imported signature clothes and very costly Rolex watches.
Datu Andal, who was Maguindanao governor for three consecutive terms, died of liver cancer last year while in detention for allegedly masterminding the massacre of 58 people, among them 32 journalists, in an election-related incident that shook the nation to its core.
Zaldy was governor of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) for two terms. His second term as ARMM's chief executive that was to last until 2011 was cut short by his incarceration.
Nation ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1
The new equipment pool of the Shariff Aguak LGU was procured by the incumbent mayor using funds loaned from the Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP). [end excerpt]
* "Duterte calls on Filipino people to ‘heed not the temptations of temporal world’ " (2016-11-01, asianjournal.com) [archive.is/AR6EW]
* "Duterte’s ‘Undas’ message: Answer call to be true servant-leaders" (2016-10-30, ) [archive.is/ReciA#selection-415.0-415.65]: Saying that “our deeds will outlast our mortal lives,” President Rodrigo Duterte has called on government workers and the Filipino people to “heed not the temptations of the temporal world,” in his message for the commemoration of All Saints’ and All Souls’ Day.
“No amount of success, power or position can ever compensate for the greed and corruption of human character. Truly, Christ was right in asking the question: ‘For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world yet forfeit his own soul?'” Duterte said.
“Let us answer the call to be true servant-leaders; let us accumulate riches, not for ourselves, but for future generations and for the life that comes after.”
Duterte wished the faithful a “solemn and meaningful” remembrance of their deceased loved ones. Nov. 1, All Saints’ Day, is a special nonworking holiday in the Philippines.
“With a keen appreciation for the material treasures that bring us closer to God, let is continue to pursue an agenda for genuine change that will be for the best interests of our people,” he said.
“I hope that we cherish with fondness, love, and gratitude the spiritual inheritance left by our ancestors and loved ones on their special day. May the nation receive the blessing of God as we emulate the men and women whose lives have inspired generations,” the President added.
* "Osmena warns of Duterte’s ouster; Robredo denies seeking U.N. approval to unseat PH prez" (2016-10-27, filamstar.com) [archive.is/ccuoQ]: For mishandling the international affairs and relations of the Philippines, former Sen. Sergio Osmeña III on Monday warned of the possible ouster of President Duterte and said the more enemies Duterte makes abroad, the more chances of his being booted out of office.
Osmena expressed this view the same time Vice-president Leni Robredo came out to dismiss speculations that she had a meeting with United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon in Ecuador to seek the global body’s support to unseat President Duterte.
Reports earlier said Robredo traveled to Ecuador from October 15 to 19 to seek Ban’s blessing and enlist U.N. support in ousting Duterte. The President had earlier cursed the U.N. official for criticizing his war on drugs.
Osmeña said Duterte is making enemies, a behavior he said should not be exhibited by a country’s leader. “How do I describe his handling? Mishandling,” Osmeña said.
“We are not supposed to make enemies. We’re supposed to make friends. There is such a thing as diplomacy, iyung tact na hindi ka magsasalita ng masakit, leaving the doors open. But we’re not practicing that. We’re going the other direction.”
Osmeña said Duterte needs to polish his diplomatic skills as his words and actions affect the country and its people.
“I think President Duterte means well. I was happy when he won, but he might want to learn the niceties of international diplomacy. Why make an enemy for nothing”” Osmena said.
The former senator believes Duterte’s men must help the President in the art of diplomacy.
“Hindi pwedeng atras abante, atras abante. It has been happening the whole time,” he said. “They have to think these things thoroughly, para paglabas ng statement eksakto.”
He said a possible ouster of Duterte is real from the way he makes enemies abroad. “In a bigger sense, the more enemies you make, the more chances of being ousted. All of your (enemies) will get together one of these days,” he said.
He believes that while an alliance with China will bring economic benefits to the Philippines, this should not come at the expense of relations with other countries.
Osmeña also believes Duterte weakened the country’s position on the South China Sea dispute when he did not make a stronger assertion of the Philippines’ claim by saying he would be willing to dialogue with China.
“Tingin ngayon sa atin ng buong mundo, ang hina ng tuhod ng mga Pilipino. Isang pitik lang lumuluhod na.” he said.
“Kapag nag-negotiate ka sa Scarborough Shoal, that weakens our position. Why negotiate for our fishermen in our own backyard? That is ours to explore, the 200-km exclusive economic zone, ano pa question dun,” Osmena pointed out.
On rumors that Robredo is working for the ouster of Duterte, the Vice-president said it makes her sad that some people resort to spreading false information.
Georgina Hernandez, Robredo’s spokesperson, said the VP flew to Quito, Ecuador as head of the Philippine delegation for the U.N. Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development. Robredo chairs the Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council.
“She had only a picture taken with him (Ban)… They had small talk, it was a very informal meeting,” Hernandez said. Robredo’s photo with Ban was posted on her official Facebook account.
Hernandez said the Vice-president remains focused on her job in the housing sector and in helping Filipinos affected by Typhoon Lawin. “We just want to focus on our job,” she said.
Robredo has repeatedly expressed her support for Duterte and his administration.
Duterte’s ally, Sen. Alan Peter Cayetano, had accused the Liberal Party, which is headed by Robredo, of attempting to oust Duterte using the issue of extra-judicial killings. Cayetano said an obvious beneficiary of Duterte’s ouster would be Robredo, who would take over as president if Duterte is removed from office.
* "Ramos resigns as envoy, says Duterte is ‘full of s**t’ " (2016-11-03, filamstar.com) [archive.is/SILgY]
* "FVR quits as Duterte’s special envoy to China" (2016-10-31, gmanetwork.com) [archive.is/0EBXD]
* "FVR quits as special envoy; aide says China mission accomplished" (2016-11-01, Reuters Newswire) [archive.is/Y0uOe]
* "Duterte on Ramos: He’s a graduate of West Point, I am just a local boy" (2016-11-01, globalnation.inquirer.net) [archive.is/9yTC5] [begin excerpt]: President Rodrigo Duterte on Tuesday night said he understood where former President Fidel V. Ramos is coming from.
“He’s a product of western education, he’s graduate of West Point. Me? I am just a local boy,” he said in a televised interview near midnight held at the Duterte family mausoleum in Davao City Public and Roman Catholic cemetery. West Point is another name for the United States Military Academy, where Ramos is an alumnus.
The President said he received a copy of Ramos’ resignation letter as special envoy to China on Monday night.
He said he is thankful to Ramos for serving the country despite his age. Duterte said he will still follow Ramos’ advise. [end excerpt]
* "Human rights and human wrongs" (2016-11-02, by Francisco Tatad, via manilatimes.net) [archive.is/smziF] [begin excerpt]: The sight of Filipino fishermen fishing again in Scarborough Shoal while the Chinese Coast Guard stays out of their hair is a welcome sign that Philippine-Chinese relations are on the way back to normalcy following President Duterte’s four-day state visit to Beijing. The maritime dispute over the area remains, but the disputants are now able to reach out to each other without any unnecessary philippics or incident. This is a genuine first step to build upon. It is hoped that the two parties could now begin to work earnestly together toward a just and lasting settlement of their maritime territorial dispute according to international law.
As important as looking after its newly recharged relations with China, the DU30 government must now try to improve its ties with the United States, which have taken a severe beating these last four months. DU30 has to scale down his anti-American rhetoric after President Barack Obama leaves the White House and a new president takes over on January 20, 2017. It would be most desirable if DU30 and Obama could patch up their disagreement when they meet at the APEC summit in Peru this month. This would be one way of ushering in a “new beginning” for Philippine-US relations. The new US President would most certainly benefit from such a gesture, even though he or she may not take a drastically different view of the extrajudicial killings in DU30’s counter-narcotics war. [end excerpt]
* "Philippine coast guard enters disputed shoal, China doesn’t object" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/PnCh4]
* "No contracts, just MOUs with Chinese firms—Palace" (2016-10-27, themanilaexpress.com) [archive.is/YHtFF]
* "PH, China sign memo of understanding to suppress drug crimes" (2016-10-27, filamstar.com) [archive.is/BPOOc]
* "Sen. Cayetano lashes at former U.S. ambassador for ‘interfering’ with PH politics" (2016-11-03, filamstar.com) [archive.is/yHPL7]
It is through the security agencies that coups are enacted in favor of USA, sometimes through the military, and in partnership with monopolists and transnational holding companies.
* "PH-US intel exchange won't be affected – PNP chief; At the same time, Dela Rosa says they're prepared should ties sour between the two countries: 'We can't be forever dependent on them kung ayaw nila sa atin talaga' " (2016-11-02, rappler.com) [archive.is/rs5bj]
* "Philippines to reduce number of joint drills with US" (2016-11-09, rt.com) [archive.is/bPfCe]
* "SFPD CUTS TIES WITH PNP DUE TO CONTROVERSIAL PHILIPPINE WAR ON DRUGS" (2016-10-26, balitangamerica.tv) [archive.is/l3Ln1], attached video [youtube.com/watch?v=eznBKBmemyo]
* "US stops sale of arms to PH over drug war" (2016-11-01, asianjournal.com) [archive.is/4eSe5]
* "U.S. stopped Philippines rifle sale that senator opposed - sources" (2016-11-08, Reuters Newswire) [archive.is/vdAJu]
* "Duterte breaks his vow to not curse again" (2016-11-02, asianjournal.com) [archive.is/cAakD]
* "Duterte breaks promise (for not cursing), curses US over gun sale plan; President Rodrigo Duterte curses the US anew over its reported plan to halt the sale of 26,000 guns to the Philippine National Police" (2016-11-02, rappler.com) [archive.is/C4P6z]
* "Lacson slams US’ ‘bully attitude’ towards PHL over halt of rifles deal" (2016-11-02, gmanetwork.com) [archive.is/4Nuxj]
* "Philippine police chief slams 'biased' local, int'l media PNP chief Ronald dela Rosa seems to blame international media for the reported disrupted US sale of assault rifles to the PNP" (2016-11-02, rappler.com) [archive.is/tQ8g3]
* "Duterte turns to Russia for rifles" (2016-11-03, globalnation.inquirer.net) [archive.is/uesEZ]: President Duterte has belittled the decision of the US state department to halt the planned sale of more than 27,000 assault rifles to the Philippine National Police, saying the Philippines could just turn to Russia for firearms.
“Susmaryosep! Is that all?” the President told reporters after visiting the tombs of his parents in Davao City on Tuesday night.
“Is that all they can say to threaten me? That they will not sell firearms to us? We have many air rifles here,” he said in jest.
The US state department stopped the planned sale of 27,304 M4 assault rifles to the PNP on Monday after Democratic Sen. Ben Cardin said he would oppose the transaction.
The state department informs the US Congress when international weapons sales are in the works. Aides said Senate foreign relations committee staff informed the state department that Cardin, the most senior Democrat on the committee, would oppose the deal with the Philippines during the department’s prenotification process for the sale of M4s, stopping the deal.
Aides said Cardin was reluctant for the United States to provide weapons to the Philippines given concerns about human rights violations in the country.
More than 3,700 people have been killed in police operations or by suspected vigilantes since Mr. Duterte took office and launched a brutal war on illegal drugs on June 30.
US criticism of Mr. Duterte’s violent campaign against drugs has angered the Philippine leader, who almost daily spews profanity-laced tirades against the United States, complicating relations between Washington and Manila.
Last month, during a state visit to Beijing, Mr. Duterte declared “separation” from the United States and realignment to China and Russia.
Before his trip to Beijing, Mr. Duterte said the United States had refused to sell some weapons to the Philippines, but he did not care because Russia and China were willing suppliers.
In Davao City on Tuesday night, Mr. Duterte said his administration may turn to Russia for arming PNP personnel.
“Remember what the Russian diplomat said? ‘Come to Russia. We have everything you need,’” Mr. Duterte said, recounting his meeting in Davao with Russian Ambassador Igor Khovaev before the elections in May.
* "LAPD vet hails Duterte’s & Estrada’s war against illegal drugs" (2016-11-03, filamstar.com) [archive.is/LwuYN]
* " ‘White House’ of Mayor linked to illegal drug trafficking now object of scrutiny" (2016-10-31, themanilaexpress.com) [archive.is/P3svL#selection-415.0-415.80], photo caption: ILOILO CITY—Promenaders would hardly miss the so-called White House on the edge of the scenic Iloilo River Esplanade, now the object of scrutiny by investigators looking at the assets of its owner, Iloilo City Mayor Jed Patrick Mabilog, who has been accused of involvement in the illegal drug trade.
* "End of the road for mayor on drug list, 9 others" (2016-10-27, themanilaexpress.com) [archive.is/y39gj], photo caption: Color of Love - Samsudin Dimaukom, mayor of Datu Saudi Ampatuan, in a pink shirt with his pink Hummer and the pink mosque in the background. It's the color of love and peace, he said.
* "Maguindanao mayor on 'narco list' killed in police shootout" (2016-10-28, philstar.com) [archive.is/L2EId]
* "Mayor on narco list killed in shootout" (2016-10-29, philstar.com) [archive.is/lmFia]
* "2 security killed along with 'narco mayor' just hired from private firm" (2016-10-28, philstar.com) [archive.is/mpkiR] [begin excerpt]: The nine slain followers of the town mayor killed in a police anti-narcotics operation in Makilala, North Cotabato Friday were all residents of Datu Saudi Ampatuan, Maguindanao.
Datu Saudi Ampatuan, a fifth class municipality, is popular for a landmark plush “pink mosque” near its town hall.
Also killed in the incident besides Datu Saudi Ampatuan Mayor Samsudin Dimaukom were his nine companions, among them two protection agents from a private security agency.
Dimaukom was among dozens whom President Rodrigo Duterte had previously tagged publicly as large-scale traffickers of methamphetamine hydrochloride or shabu.
Senior Superintendent Romeo Galgo Jr., spokesman of the Police Regional Office-12 (PRO-12) in General Santos City, said Friday afternoon they have established the identities of all of Dimaukom’s companions who perished in the shootout with anti-narcotics agents in Barangay Old Bulatukan in Makilala.
Dimaukom’s slain followers were identified as Suad Adam Guiamad, 24; Mubarak Ali Pasagui, 26; Enid Fahad Dimananal, 25; Nasrudin Alon, 28; Elmer Ali, 20; Aladdin Guiamad, 35; Fajir Madi, 38; Basir Ismael Mindug, 25; and Haimen Anuar, 23.
“Personnel of the Datu Saudi local government unit helped investigators identify them,” Galgo told The STAR via mobile phone.
Two of the fatalities, Suad and Nasrudin, were protection agents working for a private security agency Dimaukom contracted to provide him bodyguards after Duterte stripped him of his police and military escorts after announcing that the mayor is listed in Malacañang’s roster of politicians engaged in the narcotics business. [...]
Personnel of the PRO-12 anti-illegal drugs unit searched for drugs in Dimaukom’s house at Datu Saudi Ampatuan two weeks ago but found nothing.
Dimaukom is known in central Mindanao as “pink boy” for his having painted pink their town hall and other buildings inside their municipal government compound.
He also built a multi-million “pink mosque” near the Datu Saudi Ampatuan town hall, now a tourist attraction.
Skeptics and cynics have questioned the source of money he spent for the worship site, aware that Datu Saudi Ampatuan, a poor town in the second district of Maguindanao, has only more or less P3 million worth of monthly Internal Revenue Allotment (IRA) from the national coffer. [end excerpt]
* "Cotabato mayor, 9 bodyguards slain in shoot-out with cops" (2016-11-03, filamstar.com) [archive.is/mVPz8]: Hours after President Rodrigo Duterte threatened to intensify his crackdown on crime following his trip to Japan, a mayor accused of drug trafficking was killed along with nine bodyguards in a shoot-out with police.
Samsudin Dimaukom, the mayor of Saudi Ampatuan, was one of more than 150 local government officials, judges and police identified by Duterte earlier this year as being involved in the illegal drug trade.
The deadly crime war has claimed more than 3,800 lives and drawn criticism from the United States, the United Nations and international rights groups who have accused police of summarily executing suspects.
Police Spokesman Supt. Romeo Galgo said that Dimaukom and his security personnel opened fire after anti-narcotics police stopped their vehicles at a checkpoint on suspicion they were transporting illegal drugs.
Officers returned fire, killing the men in the town of Makilala.
“Suspects (were) heavily armed and fired upon the law enforcers, which prompted them to fire back,” Galgo said.
Police said they suffered no casualties.
Dimaukom made a name for himself by funding the construction of a pink mosque in Saudi Ampatuan in a plea for peace in the town which has been wracked by violence.
Duterte, who swept to power in the May elections on a pledge to eradicate drugs, described his critics as “fools” and said he is not breaking any domestic laws by threatening to kill criminals.
After his state visit to Japan, Duterte threatened to step up police killings of drug suspects. He announced his wish to get rid of illegal drugs in the Philippimes. He also told the public to expect about 20,000 or 30,000 more killings.
* "Maguindanao mourns death of mayor tagged as narco-pol" (2016-10-29, philstar.com/headlines) [archive.is/kj0ht] photo caption: Late Mayor Samsudin Dimaukom is known as "pink boy” of central Mindanao for having painted pink their town hall and other buildings, including the pink Islamic worship site.
* "Governor calls for calm after Maguindanao mayor's death in police op" (2016-10-31, philstar.com) [archive.is/2h11k]
* "North Cotabato mayor arrested, detained for keeping unlicensed guns" (2016-10-29, philstar.com) [archive.is/JXkGP] [begin excerpt]: Anti-narcotics agents on Saturday detained for prosecution the mayor of Libungan, North Cotabato for possession of undocumented firearms and ammunition.
The suspect, Christopher Manigger Cuan, is a neophyte in politics, elected to a first term only last May 9, 2016.
Lawmen were to search for methamphetamine hydrochloride (shabu) in the house of Cuan, but found assorted firearms hidden in its rooms instead.
Superintendent Romeo Galgo Jr., spokesman of the Police Regional Office-12 (PRO-12), said the raiding team recovered a .45 caliber Para-Ordnance pistol, a 5.56 millimeter Bushmaster assault rifle and a 12 gauge combat shotgun in the mayor’s house.
Galgo said the raid was carried out by agents of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) and combined personnel of PRO-12 and the provincial police office in Kidapawan City, the capital of North Cotabato.
“The search was initiated based on a warrant issued by a court. Everything was done according to standard operating procedures,” Galgo told The Star via mobile phone. [end excerpt]
* "Alleged narco-mayor nabbed, found with grenade in South Cotabato" (2016-11-03, philstar.com) [archive.is/X7nYy]: Police arrested the mayor of Banga town in South Cotabato for possession of a grenade found in his piggery agents searched for illegal drugs before dawn Thursday.
The raiding team, led by Superintendent Maximo Sebastian, also found four metal-jacketed bullets for .380 caliber self-loading pistol in the house of Mayor Albert Palencia near the town proper of Banga in South Cotabato province.
Sebastian is the chief of the anti-illegal drugs unit of the Police Regional Office-12 (PRO-12) in General Santos City.
Superintendent Romeo Galgo, spokesman of PRO-12, said Sebastian and his men were to search for drugs in the house of Palencia, but found a shoulder-fire grenade projectile and handgun ammunition instead.
Palencia was immediately held by Sebastian’s team for interrogation. He was brought to a restraining facility at the headquarters of PRO-12 where he is to undergo tactical interrogation.
Palencia has long been rumored as involved in drug trafficking, according to sources in his municipality, the town nearest to Koronadal City, the capital of South Cotabato.
Nation ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1
Palencia had previously denied repeatedly the insinuations he is a drug trafficker.
Galgo said the policemen who raided Palencia’s house had a search warrant issued by a local court.
The raiding also searched the six luxury cars of Palencia for drugs, but found nothing.
* "FIL-AM WITNESS OF PNP VIOLENT DISPERSAL RECOUNTS INCIDENT DURING SF PROTEST" (2016-10-28, balitangamerica.tv) [archive.is/fDcvh], attached video [youtube.com/watch?v=-FoQSz8nE0U]: Roberta Ryan was in the Philippines last week when she witnessed the Philippine National Police (PNP) run over several protesters outside of the U.S. embassy during a rally against U.S. imperialism.
“At that moment all I could think about was did people lose their lives and what were they losing their lives for, asked Ryan.” “They were losing their lives for speaking out against what they faced and for speaking the truth and for speaking out against militarization not just of the Philippine community but against US intervention. And I saw the PNP defending the US embassy rather than protecting the rights of their people.”
Fortunately there were no reports of death but the incident did leave dozens injured.
Ryan was speaking as part of a demonstration in outside if the Philippine consulate where other Filipino-Americans braved the rain to call for the end of extra judicial killings as part of President Rodrigo Duterte’s war on drugs and continued attack on indigenous people of the Philippines.
Activists argued that President Duterte’s current tactics on the war on drugs are not helping eradicate the problem.
Rhonda Ramiro of BAYAN USA said, “By going after the so-called drug users and drug pushers, who are just people who are poor or economically trying to survive, is never going to solve the problem. We have to start at the roots and the roots are addressing the problem of poverty in the country.”
The protesters also say that Duterte’s protection of the police is not helping the Filipino people.
“He should not be allowing such impunity to reign whether it’s the PNP who are perpetrating the crimes against people in this war on drugs or perpetrating crimes against activists which we are also seeing,” said Ramiro. “It’s a continuation of a system of impunity that has reigned in the Philippines for a long time and that he needs to put a stop to.”
Multiple charges have been filed against 10 policemen involved which include Manila Police District Deputy Director for Operations Marcelino Pedrozo and the officer behind the wheel of the incident.
* "Duterte rejects use of nuclear energy in PH" (2016-11-02, newsinfo.inquirer.net) [archive.is/UUr42]
* "Legislature sees federalism framework in place by 2019" (2016-11-03, filamstar.com) [archive.is/tqZMs]: The House of Representatives is confident of coming up with a draft Constitution that embodies the shift to a federal form of government for the Philippines in 2019, at which time President Duterte has vowed to resign to give way to a new president.
House Speaker Pantaleon Alvarez said they expect to meet the original target set by Duterte to wrap up legislative work on federalism within three years. Once this is done, the draft of the new Charter will be submitted to a plebiscite to coincide with the 2019 midterm elections.
President Duterte himself urged Congress to “hurry up the process” in his expressed wish to step down earlier than his six-year term. This was the same interest the President gave to Congress’ restoration of the death penalty that he is passionate about.
“Yes. We’ll do it,” Speaker Alvarez said when asked by reporters if the House was on track to meet its target date.
Alvarez said an Executive Order has yet to be issued seeking to establish a 25-man constitutional commission tasked with writing a draft Charter for subsequent deliberation in Congress. He noted that an EO has been forwarded to the Palace in late August and is pending with the Office of the Executive Secretary.
In a speech in Cotabato City earlier, Duterte said: “When this is completed in three years, I give you my word: When the framework is there, I will resign to give way to a new President. You have nothing more to worry about. Let me be the one to say that I want out. I won’t wait for six years,” he also said.
“Just hurry up the process. Once the federal (system) is in place, the regions will be carved up into federal regions, and there will be more power below and less power in high (office), it’s up to you what you’ll see here),” he added.
The drive toward federalism is in keeping with Duterte’s election-campaign platform to have the country decentralized.
* "Duterte to visit Cotabato for launching of Mindanao peace programs" (2016-10-26, philstar.com) [archive.is/ZTYVA]
* "Duterte launches programs for Moro communities" (2016-10-29, philstar.com) [archive.is/u3lsL], photo caption: President Rodrigo Duterte and Gov. Mujiv Hataman of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao jointly led Saturday's launching of various programs benefiting the Muslim, Christian and Lumad sectors in ARMM's five component provinces.
* "Rody calls on Moros to embrace peace" (2016-10-30, philstar.com) [archive.is/GPlEK], photo caption: Duterte aired his appeal to leaders from across the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) during his visit to Cotabato City to lead the launching of programs meant to address under-development in Moro communities and in poor areas in Administrative Regions 9, 10 and 12.
* "Authorities seize bombs meant for Duterte visit to Cotabato" (2016-10-30, philstar.com) [archive.is/FMGD3]
* "Bombing foiled in ARMM during Duterte visit" (2016-10-31, philstar.com) [archive.is/RyGP2]
* "Army to tap MILF to go after fugitive suspected drug lord" (2016-10-21, philstar.com) [archive.is/89xrF]
* "Duterte: What is wrong with talking to Misuari?" (2016-11-03, themanilaexpress.com) [archive.is/FCrnk]
* "Misuari, the MILF and Malaysia" (2016-11-04, philstar.com) [archive.is/Y92Zf]: Nur Misuari's animosity towards the Moro Islamic Liberation Front did not start after Malacañang forged a peace deal with the group in 2014 but in the late 1970s.
The present leaders of the MILF started as commanders in the Moro National Liberation Front, which Misuari, who hails from Sulu, and Egyptian-trained cleric Salamat Hashim, an ethnic Maguindanaon from Barangay Cudal in Pagalungan town in Maguindanao, established in 1970.
A discontented Salamat and other MNLF leaders from North Cotabato, Lanao del Sur, Lanao del Norte and South Cotabato provinces drafted in 1978 an “instrument of takeover” of the front’s leadership from Misuari for loss of confidence, ousting him as their chairman.
A copy of the document was immediately sent to the MNLF’s benefactor, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation in Jeddah in Saudi Aradia, sparking Misuari’s anger that would last until today.
Among the signatories to the document are the now MILF chairman Al-Haj Murad Ebrahim, his first vice chairman, Ghazali Jaafar, and their chief negotiator, the more popular Muhaquer Iqbal, now chairman of the Bangsamoro Transition Commission.
As a consequence, Salamat and his followers in mainland Mindanao broke away and initially called their group the MNLF-Salamat faction. They eventually established in 1982 the MILF, which is religious in character and now the largest Moro revolutionary front in the country.
It first ventured into peace talks with Malacañang on January 7, 1997, just months after Misuari of the then monolithic MNLF signed an accord with President Fidel Ramos.
Misuari vigorously opposed the government’s peace overture with the MILF. He warned that any truce with the group could abrogate the September 2, 1996 peace deal between Malacañang and the MNLF.
“The ink of the pen we used in signing our peace agreement with the Philippine government has not even dried yet on the document and now we have this separate peace process with the MILF,” Misuari then said.
The Misuari-led MNLF fragmented in April 2000 when 15 of its senior officials, among them Muslimin Sema, declared him “chairman emeritus” and took over the group’s central leadership.
Sema’s group, which has 20 revolutionary states scattered in central Mindanao, was to become the MNLF-Sema faction after Misuari refused to relinquish his post and consolidated followers that remained loyal to him.
Misuari in government -
Misuari was elected governor of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao on September 6, 1996, exactly four days after he signed the MNLF's final peace deal with the government.
His election, virtually unopposed, was engineered by the administration's Lakas-Muslim Christian Democrats Party led by Ramos.
Career service officials of ARMM, those occupying positions covered by civil service laws, said Misuari failed to flex the capabilities of the regional government to address poverty and underdevelopment in all provinces of the autonomous region, all covered by the peace agreement.
ARMM insiders said that while Misuari was governor, he spent most of his time at the Dusit Thani Hotel in Makati City, ran the regional government by “remote control" and spent a big chunk of monthly regional funds for his domestic and foreign travels.
Due to his lackluster performance, ARMM provincial governors asked Malacañang to revert their provinces to Administrative Regions 9 and 12, from where they were carved out when the autonomous region was created via a plebiscite in 1990.
The firebrand Misuari, now temporarily free as a result of the suspension of the warrant for his arrest in connection with the siege of Zamboanga City in September 2013, again lashed at the MILF in his speech while in Malacañang on Thursday.
Anger at Malaysia -
He also has a deep-seated animosity towards Malaysia, where he tried to seek refuge after leading a bloody mutiny in Jolo, Sulu in November 2001 to dramatize his opposition to upcoming regional elections that year, where President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo annointed Parouk Hussin, also an MNLF official, as administration candidate for ARMM governor despite his still being the region's incumbent chief executive.
Instead of providing him sanctuary, the Malaysian government turned him over to the Philippine National Police, which clamped him down in a detention facility in Sta. Rosa, Laguna for about five years, or thereabouts.
He also insinuated in his speech that Malaysia, which is helping facilitate the MILF's peace dealings with Malacañang, is a party to the kidnapping activities of the Abu Sayyaf in Sulu.
MILF sources said they were not bothered by Misuari's pronouncements, convinced that President Rodrigo Duterte will uphold Malacañang’s two compacts with them, the October 15, 2013 Framework Agreement on Bangsamoro and the March 27, 2014 Comprehensive Agreement on Bangsamoro.
The MNLF-Sema group twice signed in the past eight months a deal with the MILF binding both to cooperate in drafting a common peace roadmap for the troubled Moro homeland.
Sema, former mayor of Cotabato City, on Friday said he is grateful to President Duterte for his commitment to put peaceful closure to the Moro issue.
“We cannot solve the Moro problem if we are disunited. Now we are lucky. We have a Mindanaon president who understands the Mindanao Moro situation,” said Sema, whose group is not hostile to the MILF.
* "Army's 6th ID holds first ever ecumenical 'peace rite' " (2016-10-24, philstar.com) [archive.is/cID8g], photo caption: Muslim and Christian preachers led the first ever ecumenical prayer service in the Army’s Camp Siongco in Maguindanao on Sunday.
New Cold War News - Frontline: Republic of Indonesia
* "Indonesian police use tear gas as 1,000s of Muslims rally against Jakarta governor" (2016-11-04, rt.com) [archive.is/w7dO5]
New Cold War News - Frontline: Republic of India
* "DU professor Nandini Sundar booked for tribal man’s murder in Chhattisgarh; They were booked under sections 120 B (criminal conspiracy), 302 (murder), 147 (punishment for rioting), 148 and 149 of IPC at Tongpal police station, the Inspector General of Police said" (2016-11-08, indianexpress.com) [archive.is/6q9zq]
(Ricky Amol writes): DU woman professor Nandini Sundar along with Archana Prasad (JNU Professor), Vineet Tiwari (of Delhi’s Joshi Adhikar Sansthan) and Sanjay Parate Chhattisgarh CPI (Marxist) State Secretary has been booked for murder of an anti Maoist activist. It was on prof Nandini Sundar’s petition that the Supreme Court in 2011 ordered the disbanding of Salwa Judum, a notorious state-backed militia formed to take on the Maoists in Chhattisgarh which committed human rights abuses against civilians.
New Cold War News - Frontline: Republic of Afghanistan / Islamic Caliphate of Pashtunistan
* "Absentee teachers, students in Afghan schools despite $868mn US investment – watchdog" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/rZOK1]
New Cold War News - Frontline: State of Israel
* "Netanyahu rejects France’s Middle East peace conference, wants direct talks with Abbas" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/ZUcab]
* "Israel ‘thwarts’ Palestinian bid to join Interpol" (2016-11-09, rt.com) [archive.is/I5HDT] [begin excerpt]: Israel has been relentlessly working the diplomatic arena as part of its fierce battle with the Palestinians, who seek de-facto recognition of statehood in as many international bodies as possible. In order to become an Interpol member, an applicant must secure two-thirds of the votes of 190 member states.
Palestinian membership of Interpol was denied during the organization’s annual general assembly where the State of Palestine applied for membership alongside the Republic of Kosovo and the Solomon Islands. Sixty-two delegates at the meeting in Bali, Indonesia, voted against the Palestinian request and 56 in favor, while 37 abstained.
Israel dedicated time and effort in voicing fears that sensitive information could be leaked to terrorists if the Palestinians were to join Interpol. Speaking in the town of Afula, Netanyahu credited “very intensive work” by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the National Security Council for their role in influencing the vote.
“It was a difficult effort, but it produced results. It reflects what I have been telling you is happening, which is a change in Israel's international standing and an expansion of our ties with different countries,” Netanyahu said.
“I think we have to accept the fact that this effort to ensure that international organizations take into account our interests, and those of many other countries, will continue...Israel is bursting on to the global scene, and this will ultimately be reflected in all UN and international bodies,” the PM added. [end excerpt]
* "De Niro, Schwarzenegger clash over US election at event which raises $38mn for IDF" (2016-11-06, rt.com) [archive.is/SVjJp]
New Cold War News - Frontline: Islamic Republic of Iran
Both the SCO and the EU will have a presence in hydrocarbon extraction...
* "France, China to help develop Iranian gas fields" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/q2nB8]
New Cold War News - Frontline: Republic of Turkey
* "Turkey’s pro-Kurdish HDP party ‘halts legislative efforts’ in parliament after arrest of leaders" (2016-11-06, rt.com) [archive.is/zQGsz]
* "Turkey’s EU & American allies concerned with arrests of pro-Kurdish politicians, leaders" (2016-11-04, rt.com) [archive.is/KeB57]
New Cold War News - NATO Watch
* "NATO launches maritime operation Sea Guardian in Mediterranean" (2016-11-09, rt.com) [archive.is/CWrUg]
* "Russian ships chase away ‘dangerously maneuvering’ Dutch monitoring submarine – MoD" (2016-11-09, rt.com) [archive.is/C7mwS]
* "Nato puts 300,000 ground troops on 'high alert' as tensions with Russia mount; 'We have seen a more assertive Russia implementing a substantial military build-up over many years,' Nato secretary-general says" (2016-11-07, independent.co.uk) [archive.is/jw6bo], comments:
- (2016-11-07, Greg Butterfield) This happened yesterday, BTW: Jens Stoltenberg, the secretary-general of Nato, refused to be drawn on the specific number of troops being put on alert, but Britain’s outgoing Nato representative Sir Adam Thomson said it was likely to be around 300,000.
- (2016-11-07, Heather Cottin): Night before catastrophe ; suddenly "NATO" is trending on facebook... No one ever heard of it before, now NATO is "protecting" Europe from all kinds of threats... The product of all kinds of lies preparing an population which knows nothing about how the US pushed NATO East in Yugoslavia, and went from 9 to 28 countries. And suddenly revealed: military buildup is against Russia, these NATO troops on her borders... How popular will such NATO moves toward war be? How quickly can the anti-war movement arise to expose naked imperial Western aggression?
* "Shoigu: NATO leaves Russia and Belarus no choice but to respond" (2016-11-02, ria.ru, translated for fort-russ.com) [archive.is/jd4EY]: Russia is compelled to take defensive measures in response to NATO’s increasing activity on the western borders of the Union State of Russia and Belarus. Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu stated this at a joint meeting of the Russian and Belarusian defense ministries.
At the NATO summit in Warsaw in July, the member states of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization agreed to increase their military contingent in Eastern Europe: by 2017, four multinational battalions will be deployed in the Baltic counties and Poland.
In addition, NATO is constantly discussing strengthening its presence in the Black Sea region. The alliance justifies these actions by alleging a threat posed by Russia. Moscow has repeatedly stated that it will not go to war with any NATO member countries, but will not leave unanswered the organization’s increasing military presence near its borders.
“On the western borders of the Union State, the US and other NATO members are actively expanding their offensive capabilities by opening new bases and developing military infrastructure. They are not ceasing in attempts to impose their will on other countries through economic and political diktat as well as military force. An open information war is being waged,” Shoigu stated.
These actions, the defense minister noted, undermine strategic stability and force Russia to take responsive measures. Shoigu emphasized that the high level of cooperation with Belarus allows issues of strengthening the Union State’s defense potential to be successfully resolved.
“Such an approach is relevant now more than ever, as international mechanisms designed to resolve crisis situations are being stalled and tensions are very close to our borders,” the minister said.
In his assessment, Russia and Belarus’ military cooperation is actively developing. In September of next year, Russia and Belarus will hold the “West-2017” strategic exercises simultaneously in several training areas in both countries. Shoigu said that these war games will become “the main event in the joint preparation of our armed forces in 2017.”
The Russian defense minister stressed that the development of plans and scenarios for the war games will take into account NATO’s increased activity near the borders of the Union State.
In addition, he noted, Russia and Belarus are paying significant attention to realizing agreements on the joint defense of borders and the creation of a unified regional air defense system. In 2016, Russian enterprises completed a major overhaul of S-300PS anti-aircraft systems that were transferred to Belarus free of charge. “These measures allow violations of the Union State's airspace to be prevented,” Shoigu concluded.
* "Southern Front: Russia and Abkhazia to create joint task force" (2016-11-02, politnavigator.net, translated for fort-russ.com) [archive.is/TAKfC]: Today, the State Duma of the Russian Federation unanimously ratified the "Agreement between the Russian Federation and Republic of Abkhazia on a Unified Troop Group."
As Russian Deputy Defense Minister Nikolay Pankov noted, the agreement envisages the creation of a common defense and security space.
“In peacetime, the organization of cooperation between military units is carried out by an operative group consisting of representatives of both parties. It is headed by the commander of the Russian Federation’s military base. In war time, troops come directly under a commander appointed by the Russian Ministry of Defense and a deputy commander from the Ministry of Defense of Abkhazia. The decision to introduce a group force is taken by the commander in chief of the Russian Federation and the commander in chief of Abkhazia,” Pankov explained.
The deputy minister emphasized that the realization of the new agreement does not require additional budget allocations.
Duma deputy Konstantin Zatulin reminded his colleagues that the agreement develops the provisions of the agreement on alliance and strategic partnership signed between Russia and Abkhazia in 2014.
“We are affirming our line of defense of the territorial integrity of the republic and ensuring security and freedom of residence in Abkhazia for those people who survived the crucible of the Georgian-Abkhaz conflict and are citizens of the Republic of Abkhazia. Moreover, I want to note that the majority of them are also citizens of the Russian Federation. We are taking them under our protection,” Zatulin said.
In the deputy’s opinion, a combined troop force will ensure the security of Russia’s southern borders and the holiday season in Abkhazia, where mainly Russians go on vacation.
* "Huge blast near German consulate in Mazar-i-Sharif, Afghanistan" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/xTSmu]
* "Turkey 'hindering' construction of German facilities at NATO Incirlik air base – report" (2016-11-04, rt.com) [archive.is/cotoQ]
* "Poland’s claim that Egypt sold Mistral warships to Russia for €1 outrages France" (2016-11-04, rt.com) [archive.is/rTULC]
New Cold War News - Weapons for a New World Order
* "Brain stimulation to help US drone operators, airmen perform better at multitasking – study" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/7NwOo]
* "Autonomous AI: New robots will learn as children do & set own goals" (2016-11-08, rt.com) [archive.is/zecJ8]
USA Homeland's resident nations:
Nations exist alongside the Federal [archive.is/VXoPR], and State governance [archive.is/Cz2uF]. Demographic maps: 2000 [archive.is/nXHXz], 2010 [archive.is/nKbSA], religion [archive.is/XArBS]. The New Afrikan nation, and the nation of Nueva Aztlan, each have their own separate sections on this news page.
Sovereign nations of the "Indian Country", and of traditional lodges.
Map [archive.is/s4FYb]; News [indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com] [bsnorrell.blogspot.com]
* "Who is Kelcy Warren, the Texas Billionaire and Folk Music Fanatic Behind the Dakota Access Pipeline?" (2016-11-03, democracynow.org) [archive.is/ffrl1]
* "10 Ways You Can Help the Standing Rock Sioux Fight the Dakota Access Pipeline" (2016-09-07, thefreethoughtproject.com) [archive.is/iJHQl]
* "A #NoDAPL Map: This pipeline could endanger the drinking water of millions" (2016-11-02, huffingtonpost.com) [archive.is/UU7qV]
* "KAHNAWAKE “PEOPLE’S FIRE” TO BLOCK TRAINS" (2016-11-03, mohawknationnews.com) [archive.is/Fpmf7]: Today, the Kanien’ke:haka are blocking the CP train tracks at 9 PM at Adirondack Junction, to stand with our Lakota relatives at Standing Rock in North Dakota who continue to defend our Mother. The women have given consent to the rotiskarekethe to stand on the front lines to protect our sacred water for millions of people.
Our relatives are being threatened and abused by the militarized police in their homeland. The US government protects Dakota Access Pipe Line while disregarding environmental disasters. The Canadian and American Governments neglect their obligations to their people. We stand for the safety of all.
The people see the link between the CP train that commutes through Kahnawake and their origins from Standing Rock. They transport Bakken crude oil from North and South Dakota; 85% of the metal “black serpent” that slithers the land, carrying this poison, cannot safely carry heavy crude oil. Billions of gallons of this explosive material is being transported throughout great turtle island by fragile tankers on a daily basis, putting families at risk.
The railroad traverses residential areas at Kahnawake and throughout great turtle island. The kanien’ke:haka fear a Lac Megantic disaster similar to the explosion on July 6, 2013. It erupted after passing through kahnawake. Lac Megantic July 6, 2013, blast. The blast killed 47 people and injured civilians. This time bomb is preventable. Many alternatives are available. We demand safe alternatives by the oil corporations. MNN Editor.
- This video describes the bomb trains going through our communities.
- Friends and allies are asked to spread awareness about Standing Rock: http://bsnorrell.blogspot.ca/
- UN at Standing Rock https://www.facebook.com/fusionmedianetwork/videos/1627643637261608/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED
- WHERE WE STAND: Politicians, Corporatists, Band & Tribal Councils and sell-outs that are cooperating with pipeline companies; ENERGY TRANSFER PARTNERS OF HOUSTON http://energytransfer.com/contact_us.aspx
- Toronto standing up for Standing Rock [archive.is/ZH3pe].
* "Armed Fake Protester Planted By Oil Company" (2016-11-01, The Young Turks) [archive.is/ikgrs]: A DAPL employee was discovered infiltrating protesters. Cenk Uygur, host of The Young Turks, breaks it down. Watch [archive.org/details/ArmedFakeProtesterPlantedByOilCompany].
* "Did #DAPL Security Worker Wielding an AR-15 Rifle Try to Infiltrate Native Water Protectors?" (2016-10-31, democracynow.org) [archive.is/8kRcv]
* "A journalist at Standing Rock was shot by police for no reason—and caught the awful moment on video" (2016-11-03, fusion.net) [archive.is/gnNNv]
* "Protesters launch explosives at officers" (2016-10-27, facebook.com/MortonCountySD) [archive.is/llw80]: Video shows protesters launching explosives (Molotov Cocktails) at officers on the Backwater Bridge on 10/27/16. Watch [is.gd/bYdC4t].
- (comment from Matt Florence) [archive.is/eqB1T]: Dear Morton police. You beat peaceful protestor, shove guns in the faces of unarmed people, mace and pepper spray unarmed people, fire rubber bullets at journalists,arrest elderly people, use attack dogs on people, declare a no-flyzone, hire mercenarie, and you are surprised when one person throws a molotov? You brutalised peaceful people, so don't act so surprised when the punches fly the other way.
* "2 Police Officers Turn In Badges In Support Of Standing Rock Water Protectors" (2016-11-03, themindunleashed.com) [archive.is/6G7CU]
* "Some victories at Standing Rock" (2016-11-08, Carol Wolman):
There are still brutal confrontations, as the Water Protectors from Standing Rock Reservation and their allies gather peacefully in prayer to stop the Dakota Access Pipeline, People are still being maced and shot with rubber bullets and arrested, but the tide is starting to turn.*
First of all, the heroism of the Protectors was displayed in an incident a couple of weeks ago, when a small number held a bridge against 250 armed law enforcement people, who were marching to participate in the demolition of the Treaty Camp.
Morton County investigated the Labor Day dog attack, and found that the handlers were unlicensed. The situation was referred to the local DA for possible legal action.
On Nov. 4th,v"according to reports from the Indigenous Environmental Network, Colonel John W. Henderson [http://www.nwo.usace.army.mil/Media/Bio-Article-View/Article/602063/colonel-john-w-henderson] of the Corps promised the Standing Rock Sioux tribe that no permit would be issued to drill the Dakota Access Pipeline under the Missouri River until 30 days after construction stops. After that, there will be a comment period adequate to allow the tribes full consultation. This could delay pipeline construction under the river by 45 days to three months."
- [http://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/11/05/turning-point-standing-rock-resistance-and-renewed-hope-against-dakota-access ]
Earlier last week, "President Obama commented that his administration would be looking at rerouting the pipeline. A new route would require a new environmental assessment, and this time, the tribes, and others, will insist on a full environmental impact statement – not the questionable environmental assessment used by the Army Corps when it issued the first permit." The first assessment was done in small pieces, without an overall impact statement for the project. A new one could take several months.
Of course, for any corporate project, time is money. The delay of construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline is costing Energy Transfer about $1.3 million/day.
*The State of North Dakota has already spent $10 million on law enforcement vs. the Water Protectors, and just borrowed $4 million more, as the Protectors prepare for a long winter siege. Morton County is also hurting financially, after jailing over 400 people this past month.
And now, a major investor, Norwegian Bank, which is contributing 10% of the financing, has said they will pull their funding out of DAPL if Native American concerns are not met.
Hang in there, folks. The tide is turning. The peaceful, prayerful protests of the Native American people will prevail.
Daily pipeline incidents
* "Standing Rock Ready: Training for Water Protectors Mobilizing to Standing Rock" event page (2016-11-12, permacultureaction.org) [archive.is/sSMTA]
* [archive.is/8hp9L]: Bernie Sanders support #StandWithStandingRockwater protectors! Will you?
USA Homeland's resident nations:
American Nation, including the State Sovereignty campaigns, and Dominionist Campaigns. [tenthamendmentcenter.com]
* "A CALL TO ARMS: RESISTING INCREASED WHITE SUPREMACIST VIOLENCE" (2016-11-02, redneckrevolt.org) [archive.is/F9ics] [begin excerpt]: Overnight on Tuesday November 1, vandals set fire to an historically Black church in Greenville, Mississippi. The words "VOTE TRUMP" were found spray painted on the gutted building [archive.is/Xk4GS]. That same night, a Unitarian Church in Denver, Colorado was attacked, red paint thrown on the exterior of the building, defacing a large Black Lives Matter banner hanging on the stone facade [archive.is/BSoki]. This same church was targeted exactly a year ago with a similar attack [archive.is/fm2W1]. Defacing the same church on the anniversary of the first attack sends a clear message to the community that the White Supremacists are organized, entrenched in our communities, and staying vigilant. These two racialized attacks occurring in one night, a mere week before a hotly contested Presidential election largely defined by racially fueled conflict, are representative of a new uptick in White Supremacist violence targeting both people and property.
Muslims have been shot at and beaten. Mosques have been attacked [archive.is/BzFfW]. People of color have become increasingly more targeted for violence at Trump rallies by his supporters. The terrain has only gotten uglier and more urgent as the election draws closer.
No matter who wins or loses on November 8, people who care about liberty should be on guard for an increase in White Supremacist violence. Supporters of Trump have already declared that they will "wage revolution" if their candidate loses [archive.is/M1Sij]. Armed protests conducted by a group calling itself White Lives Matter have already demonstrated the tendency for White Supremacists to openly organize mass armed responses [archive.is/Bvy5C].
We can only assume that even if Trump wins, his supporters could reach a fevered pitch and celebratory violence could be well within the realm of possibility. [end excerpt]
Ann Coulter receives money from state propaganda channels as a representative of "conservatives" across the USA, and she receives information collected on her behalf from conservative sources, including social media. Her statements are, in a meaning, representative of the USA's "conservative" movement...
* "Dear Ann Coulter: Just say you only want white people to vote" (2016-11-08, washingtonpost.com) [archive.is/PPP3N]
* "Ann Coulter’s ‘grandparent’ argument would exclude Trump from voting" (2016-11-08, washingtonpost.com) [archive.is/shPFP]
European racial vanguards
Golden Dawn International [golden-dawn-international-newsroom.blogspot.com], European Knights Project [europeanknightsproject.com/category/ekp-news], English Asatru News [englishnews.org/news-central.html], Council of European Canadians [eurocanadian.ca], Albion's People [albionofengland.blogspot.com]. [saxonmessenger.christogenea.org]
* "German neo-Nazis list Berlin’s Jewish sites on anniversary of 1938 Kristallnacht pogroms" (2016-11-10, rt.com) [archive.is/yuDpu]
* (2016-11-10, Matt Florence): BBC journalist Rupert Wingfield-Hayes met Neo-Nazi paramilitaries in Ukraine and said they had been "accused of having Neo-Nazis in its ranks". He said this while in the exact same camera frame with armed men wearing Nazi SS symbols behind him. When nationalist paramilitaries were hunting and killing ethnic Russians in Odessa and burned to death dozens of trade unioninists (Odessa Trade Union Massacre 2nd May 2014), the Guardian writes an article calling it a “massacre” with quotation marks and tried portray the Russians as criminals for trying to defend themselves. After Ukraine appointed the founder of Ukraine's Neo Nazi Party (Andriy Parubiy) to the position of leader of the Ukrainian defence forces, the BBC published an article saying "anti-Semitism has played absolutely no role in the demonstrations and government".
Northbay Uprising FM Radio News is broadcast courtesy of 89.5 FM-KZCT [OzcatRadio.com]
On Ozcat Radio, tune-in online [is.gd/kJ1EUt] for:
- The Stranger News, broadcast Thursdays, 5 to 5:30pm, featuring latest news on science, technology, space, and cutting-edge research on the mind, world history, and entheogenics!
- The Northbay UpRising Morningshow, broadcast Tuesdays, 7 to 9am, with local news, and topics on Peace, the Ecology, Do-It-Yourself ideas, and Communitarianism!
- KBBF Weekly News, broadcast Tuesdays at 8:45pm, on the Northbay UpRising morningshow!