Tune in Thursdays 4 to 5pm (PST), at 89.5FM in the northeast San Pablo Bay Area, or online at [is.gd/kJ1EUt].
Hosted by Dr.G., Minister of Information of the Bay Area Movement for a People's Democracy (MPD)[peoplesdemocracybayarea.blogspot.com].
Be a Community Journalist with our Community Journalist's Notebook [link]. Send news & info to [PeoplesDemocracyBayArea@) gmail.com].
Archived webpages at (archive.org) and at (archive.is) are available even if the original is taken down. News links are provided for educational purposes only, and do not constitute an endorsement of political tendencies, or, of foreign governments. Circumvent "Error 451" [archive.is/WOZXx] by using the proxy server at [webproxy.to] or, by using Tor Browser [is.gd/r18EVD].
Stories are reviewed and provided by Bay Area MPD Committees and Affiliates
BAY AREA SOLIDARITY
Updates on campaigns for Peace, Justice, & Freedom across the greater Bay Area, Norcal, and Socal
* " 'Civil unrest': Demonstrators gather in El Cajon after memorial of Alfred Olango removed" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/0arqr] [begin excerpt]:
Protesters have taken to the streets of El Cajon, California, after the shooting of African-American man Alfred Olango by police and the removal of a memorial to the dead man. Officers have described the situation as “civil unrest.”
Demonstrators gathered in the San Diego suburb at around 6pm on Monday, according to El Cajon Police.
Footage posted on social media showed protesters gathered while police stood guard [archive.is/PhVlO].
Another video showed officers marching toward the demonstration [archive.is/Z1gw6].
Reports have claimed some of the protesters are armed, citing information obtained through a police scanner. [end excerpt]
Photo caption: Demonstrators hold a march and rally to protest the fatal police shooting of Ugandan immigrant Alfred Olango in El Cajon, California, U.S. October 1, 2016.
* "Mothers & Fathers Speak Out In SF Against Racist Murders & Executions" (2016-10-08, by Labor Video Project) [archive.is/xm0h4], video [https://youtu.be/99T45paRnXg]:
Mothers and fathers whose children have been killed in police murders rallied on October 7, 2016 to demand that San Francisco District Attorney Geroge Gascon investigate and file murder charges against killer cops.
Mothers and fathers whose children had been killed spoke out at the San Francisco Hall of Justice and the District Attorney's office on October 7, 2016 to demand an end to the murders and executions of Blacks and Latinos in Northern California. They demanded that District Attorney Gascon file murder charges against the police officers that have killed young people with impunity.
San Francisco District Attorney George Gascon had promised a fair and just investigation over nine months ago but according to the speakers refuses to enforce the law.
Some of the mothers and fathers who spoke were Gwen Woods, mother of Oscar Woods, Wanda Johnson, mother of Oscar Grant, Elivra and Refugio Nieto, parents of Alex Nieto and Cristina Gutierrez mother of Equipto Gutierrez and Denika Chatman, the mother of Kenneth Harding Jr.
* Million Mom March, flier [archive.is/gtYdY]
* "In Oakland, solidarity with Charlotte" (2016-10-03, by Daniel Borgström) [archive.is/0SfFQ]
* "Return Anti-Fascist Teacher Yvette Felarca to Her Classroom! Stop Interrogations and Harassment of Students!" (2016-10-17) [archive.is/OArii]:
Anti-fascist activist and teacher Yvette Felarca continues to be prevented from returning to her classroom at Martin Luther King Jr Middle School after being placed on administrative leave.
After she helped stop a neo-Nazi recruitment rally in Sacramento this summer, and was stabbed in the process, terror threats were made against Ms. Felarca and the school if she's not fired, and instead of defending the entire community, including Ms. Felarca, the school district is capitulating to the neo-Nazis' demands by removing her from her job.
The school district also took some of her wages back out of her bank account. Both current and former students continue to be pulled out of class and interrogated about her, now with parental notification, but the nature of the 'interviews' are being misrepresented.
At the last school board meeting students from all grade levels - elementary, middle, and high school, parents, fellow teachers from Berkeley and Oakland, and a diverse range of community members rallied in defense of Ms. Felarca. When board members refused to disclose their personal positions on whether she should continue to teach, and instead scurried off into a second, unagendized "closed session", the community held its own meeting in the board room, with many more speaking out. Video of the rally and school board meeting can be seen here [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdwuri1LFYI].
Voice your solidarity with Yvette Felarca, and demand that she be reinstated immediately, repaid her full wages, and the harassment of her and her students be stopped: [email@example.com], [Superintendent@berkeley.net].
Defend Yvette Felarca!
Non-sectarian defense of all anti-fascists!
An injury to one is an injury to all!
For more information:
Press conference with Yvette Felarca and her lawyer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHhVxvNt3vY
Details of what happened in Sacramento, and the neo-Nazis involved: http://antifasac.weebly.com/home/blood-in-the-valley-why-people-put-their-lives-on-the-line-to-run-nazis-out-of-sacramento
More about the fascist organizers of the Sacramento rally: https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2016/06/27/violent-clashes-erupt-sacramento-between-white-nationalists-and-antifascists
Details about neo-Nazis converging in Berkeley prior to their attempted rally in Sacramento: https://itsgoingdown.org/big-nazis-on-campus/
BAY AREA SOLIDARITY: Updates on campaigns across the Nation!
* "Mayor: Family seeking peace after Benton Harbor police shoot, kill man" (2016-10-19, WZZM-TV) [archive.is/yg04c]
* "Kaepernick ‘effect’ grows with every police atrocity" (2016-10-05, workers.org) [archive.is/osm4L], photo caption: Tindley Accelerated School volleyball team kneels in protest, Oct 1.
* "Oakland High Schoolers Join Kaepernick in National Anthem Protest" (2016-10-05, by Tulio Ospina, Oakland Post) [archive.is/g7CYX], photo captions:
- [archive.is/9hrZg] Castlemont players lie on their backs with their hands up during the anthem while Kaepernick takes a knee.
- [archive.is/S14F9] Members of the OUSD honor band kneel during the national anthem at an Oakland A’s game
* "Veterans for Peace thank Colin Kaepernick" (2016-10-08, by Veterans for Peace, East Bay Chapter 162) [archive.is/aqr2O]
* "Ruth Bader Ginsburg calls her Kaepernick criticism 'inappropriately dismissive and harsh' ; The Notorious RBG admits she didn’t know what Kaepernick’s protest was about when she called it 'dumb' " (2016-10-14, vox.com) [archive.is/u3w4d]
SOLIDARITY WITH THE NEW AFRICAN NATION!
Black Power! Revive the Community! Defend the Nation!
National News [blackagendareport.com] [atlantablackstar.com] [sfbayview.com]
* "Walking while black: Minnesota man avoiding construction arrested" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/685WD]
* "Kaepernick defends protests despite hostile reception in Buffalo" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/sfUgk]. What exactly were these people hostile to? The idea the "Black Lives Matter"? Or were they hostile to criticisms of human rights abuse by domestic security agencies in as much as it affects members of the New African Nation?
* "Poor data fuels idea ‘biased US police are killing black men at epidemic rates’ – FBI chief" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/Ziz44]
* "Top police organization apologizes for ‘historical mistreatment’ of minorities" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/fnH7s]
* "Half-Indian Trump Supporter Escorted Out of Rally, Mistaken for Protester" (2016-08-19, fox40.com) [archive.is/PMrVo] [begin excerpt]: A man who identified himself as half-Indian was escorted out of a Donald Trump rally on Thursday out of concern that he was a protester, but the man insisted he was a Trump supporter and said he feels that he was racially profiled. [...]
“I do think it’s because I’m brown,” Anantha said, explaining why he believes he was kicked out. He added that he was “totally shocked.” [...]
Attempting to verify his political beliefs, Anantha said he was a conservative and expressed views in line with those of Trump, including opposition to Black Lives Matter protesters, who were demonstrating Thursday night outside the venue [...]
While Anantha said he was now questioning his support for Trump, he maintained he won’t be voting for the Democratic nominee, Hillary Clinton. [end excerpt]
* "The Revolution Has Come!" (2016-10-17, by submedia.tv) [archive.org/details/TheRevolutionHasCome], intro [archive.is/okGgi]: This week we bring you a special sedition on the anniversary of one of the most bad-ass and sophisticated revolutionary organizations in the United Snakes… The Black Panther Party.
We kick things off by setting the stage in AmeriKKKa during a time of weekly riots in urban centers in response to police killings of black youth. After the break we look at the brutal repression unleashed on the Panthers by J. Edgar Hoover and his FBI program COINTELPRO. We close things up with a special interview with former panthers JoNina Abron-Ervin and Lorenzo Komboa-Ervin about the legacy of this group.
* Interview with former Black Panthers JoNina Abron-Ervin and Lorenzo Komboa-Ervin (2016-10-17, by submedia.tv) [archive.org/details/JoNinaLorenzoSubMedia]
* "ARMED SELF DEFENSE IN AMERIKKKA" (2016-10-17, twitter.com/stimulator) [archive.is/92uIN]: 50 years before #BlackLivesMatter black folks in the USA were rioting in response to police murders of black men. Out of the ashes of the burnt cities the Black Panther Party for self defense was born
WHO WAS THE RECIPIENT OF THE FIRST SWAT RAID IN HISTORY?
It is sometimes forgotten that the very first SWAT Team raid was launched against the Black Panthers' office in Los Angeles [archive.is/BjWhy].
information collected by the Worker's Defense Committee [is.gd/VOkmLr]
* "City Council Votes For Fair Workweek, No Exceptions; Landmark Labor Law Adds to Emeryville's Progressive Minimum Wage Ordinance" (2016-10-19, emeryvilletattler.blogspot.de) [archive.is/C7oLe]
* "Solidarity with San Quintín Farmworkers at Driscoll’s Distribution Center in Aromas, CA; Farmworkers in San Quintín, México are urging people throughout the world to Boycott Driscoll’s products, including strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries" (2016-10-17, by Bradley Allen) [archive.is/b2qrr], photo caption: Demonstrators briefly block the entrance to the Driscoll's Distribution Center in Aromas, California on October 15, 2016 in solidarity with farmworkers in San Quintín, Mexico leading an international boycott of Driscoll's.
* "Standing with San Quintin Farmworkers & Boycott Driscoll's" (2016-10-15, by AutumnSun) [archive.is/P70x6] [begin excerpt]:
Driscoll's is the worlds leading supplier of berries! They have worked hard to maintain a caring image! ("We are honored to work with the amazing people that make Driscoll's possible, from farm workers out in the field to our farmers and employee's") But the farm workers out in the fields tell us a different story, one of poverty-level wages, inadequate housing, sexual harassment, and retaliation against workers who organize. The people who pick berries for Driscoll's in the San Quintin Valley of Baja California are calling for a boycott of the company's products untill the growers agree to negotiate a contract with the workers union (SINDJU). Please show your solidarity with these brave workers by spreading the word about the Driscoll's berry boycott! [...]
I must add a note, without our brothers and sisters who slave in the fields each and everyday, not counting the children, in the fields! We all would be in bad shape! I an a white dude, and I know that by white brothers and sisters would never work under these condition! I don't think that any of us white dudes would work in the fields even if the pay, conditions, and The Boycott continues!
Do you know of and people not of color who would work in the even if the conditions where as they should be? I praise my brothers and sisters who work in the fields each and everyday! Thank you farmworkers, thank you for all that honor the boycott, and a special thank you to everyone who came out today! We will be back!
Get involved in local boycott-related actions.
- Santa Cruz: SCDriscollsboycott [at] gmail.com
- Watsonville: WatsonvilleBrownBeret [at] gmail.com
* "Driscoll's Boycott Campaign Continues, Demonstration Planned at Packing House in Aromas, CA" (adapted from a press release sent out 2016-10-11) [archive.is/A8ytO]:
On Saturday, October 15th, people in Aromas, CA, Tijuana, México, Chicago, IL, Bellingham, WA and New York, NY held demonstrations at stores and production plants to express their support of the Boycott Driscoll's campaign [archive.is/SxGpP] [archive.is/WIksB]. The demonstration in Aromas, CA took place at Driscoll's cooling and packing plant at 1750 San Juan Road, from 1-4 PM. Members of the general public were invited to participate, and encouraged to bring signs and noisemakers for a peaceful protest.
Farmworkers in San Quintín, México are urging consumers throughout the world to Boycott Driscoll's products, including strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries. The boycott will continue indefinitely until Driscoll's and their grower affiliates agree to sign a collective contract agreement with the Sindicato Independiente Nacional Democrático de Jornaleros Agrícolas or SINDJA (National Independent Democratic Union of Farmworkers). SINDJA formed in 2015 as a way for farmworkers to organize for living wages, fairer piece rates, better and safer working conditions, enforcement of basic Mexican labor laws, and an end to child labor and sexual violence in the fields.
Driscoll's Strawberry Associates is the largest berry corporation in the world, with production and sales on six continents. Driscoll's is the marketing arm of a global network of contract farmers and growers, including BerryMex, which oversees production in San Quintín, México.
Currently, farmworkers in San Quintín, México toil 12 to 15 hours a day in the fields for as little as $6US per day. Many are not provided social security, health insurance or any type of job security. They report widespread instances of child labor and sexual assault and harassment in the fields. For more information on the working conditions in San Quintín, México and the farmworkers struggle, see "The San Quintin Rebellion" (regeneracionradio.org) [archive.is/CA2a4].
* "California: Stand with San Quintín Farmworkers! #BoycottDriscollsContinues" (2016-09-26, elenemigocomun.net) [archive.is/3StJP] [begin excerpt]:
October 15 support the 80,000 farmworkers in San Quintín with the message that the boycott of Driscoll’s Berries continues until there is a union contract.
On October 15 there is a call for an International Day of Action to support the 80,000 farmworkers and their families in San Quintín Valley, Mexico with the message that the boycott of Driscoll’s Berries continues full force until there is a union contract.
Currently, farmworkers toil 12 to 15 hours a day in the fields for as little as $6/day. Many are not provided social security, health insurance or any type of job security. [end excerpt]
* "Driscoll’s Boycott in Full Force; Washington Farmworkers Ratify Union, Farmworkers in Mexico Continue Driscoll's Boycott" (2016-09-22, from the Alliance of National, State and Municipal Organizations for Social Justice AONEMJS, and the National Democratic Independent Union of Agricultural Workers SINDJA) [archive.is/dJIZb]
* (2016-10-18, Workweek Radio, KPFA, soundcloud.com/workweek-radio) [archive.is/HbMYC#selection-2427.1-2427.8] [begin excerpt]: The First Nation’s courageous fight taking place against the Dakota Access Pipeline has ignited a world’s attention. This struggle has become most focused at the water protector’s camp located within the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation. It contrasts an inherently dangerous project of the fossil fuel industry with the protection of the local and global environment, Native American sovereignty, and the necessity of a sustainable world.
For our sisters and brothers within the unions and the entire working class, the conflict becomes one of dangerous, fleeting employment that will inevitably destroy our planet, and the possibility of full employment to build safe energy and prosperity for all.
With this is mind we recognize that the recent resolution of the AFL-CIO leadership in support of the Dakota Access pipeline is inherently misguided, and in conflict with First Nations, our common environment, and the interests of people worldwide. In addition, the use of force against the people at Standing Rock mirrors the very attacks we have endured through our own history of building our unions.
At the same time, solidarity with Standing Rock has been voiced by growing number of labor bodies, including [to see the list, visit the link].
• Post individual or group solidarity selfies of picket signs with labor affiliation, location, and common tagline: #LaborForStandingRock
• Hold local labor solidarity events
With the future of the environment, the rights of First Nations, and the health of the working class at stake, these subsequent actions will help regenerate a labor movement based on the vision of a just, sustainable, and prosperous world for all.
Please join us.
* "Towards universal social emancipation: Let us unite and deal a blow to imperialism, our common strategic opponent; Let us intensify the struggle in our respective countries!" (.pdf) [is.gd/JHoyFz], Address by Comrade Blade Nzimande, SACP General Secretary at the World Trade Union Congress, 7 th October 2016, Durban
* "The 17th World Trade Union Congress continuing in militant spirit" (2016-10-07, wftucentral.org) [archive.is/4IjzQ]
* "The 17th World Trade Union Congress Concluded" (2016-10-09, wftucentral.org) [archive.is/bg0Im]
* "Dozens of Solidarity messages for the 17th World Trade Union Congress" (2016-10-14, wftucentral.org) [archive.is/dEMpS]
* Message of APFUTU for the 17th World Trade Union Congress [archive.is/0EnRB]
* Message of Trade Union Association of Bohemia, Moravia & Silesia (OSCMS) for the 17th World Trade Union Congress [archive.is/Si5L3]
* Message of Ceylon Estate Staffs’ Union for the 17th World Trade Union Congress [archive.is/v6ts8]
* FISE on the 17th World Trade Union Congress [archive.is/m9JeS]
* Message of United Working Trade Union “Defence”- Russia [archive.is/JGP5f]
* Greeting Message of the World Federation of Democratic Youth towards the 17th World Trade Union Congress [archive.is/eOq9k]
* Message of the Communist Party of Switzerland for the 17th World Trade Union Congress [archive.is/xUPTg]
* Message of Left Bloc Austria to the 17th World Trade Union Congress [archive.is/5qt25]
* "Call to the Great Demonstration of the Unions on Monday, October 17" (2016-10-13, All Workers Militant Front, pamehellas.gr, WFTU Affiliate, in the Republic of Greece, EU) (.pdf) [is.gd/sQVQWc]:
More than 400 trade union organizations, federations, labour centres, industrial unions, etc from all branches and sectors, all over Greece, we coordinate, demand and fight for the cancelation of all anti-workers laws and measures of the recent years. We fight for the signing of National Collective Agreement and sectoral Collective Contracts.
We demand the reestablishment and the signing of sectoral Collective Contracts, the recovering of all of our losses! No worker without the minimum wage! All in the struggle for full time steady jobs, with full rights, higher wages, pensions and social benefits!
We cannot live with starvation wages, without social security, without labour rights! On October 17 we will submit to the Greek Parliament, to all parties (except the Fascist Golden Dawn) our Resolution!
We demand it to be discussed and legislated! We demand the life we deserve!
No worker, no branch, no union alone can stop this unified and planned attack of the Greek Government and the Employers. We strengthen the front against the employers of each sector who want us to be cheap, flexible workforce, without any rights. Against the planning of the EU, IMF and the big capitalists, who aim to make new cuts in our wages and social rights, we must give our response!
The SYRIZA Government talks about implementing in Greece the “best European practices”. That is, to impose contemporary slavery, exploitation based on the demands of the big business groups, work without rights, starvation wages, zero hour contracts, mini jobs, no obligations for the employers. So them to be free to pay the worker whenever they want, to layoff with no costs, with no obstacles from trade union organization and action of the workers.
They must receive massive, militant, fighting response, with all forms of struggle and General Strike! No more Sacrifices for the Profits of the Capitalists! Their “growth” and “development” is not for us and our children! We witness and live this. Their growth is built over the ruins of our rights; it is based on cheap labour. We do not compromise with poverty and wretchedness!
We organize the great front of struggle to demand the recovering of all the losses we had in wages and pensions. But most of all, to demand the abolition of all anti workers’ measures imposed the last years that have cancelled the Collective Contracts.
We demand our Rights in Work and Life based on our Time, the 21st Century, our contemporary needs. We will not live as slaves!
- Signed by more than 450 National Federations, Labour Centres, Unions to demand Collective Contracts
* "Free Korean Jailed Trade Unionists! Solidarity Rally Held At San Francisco Korean Consulate" (2016-10-12, by United Public Workers For Action, with Labor Video Project) [archive.is/CtWyR], video [archive.org/details/KPTUTFightRepression2016]: As part of an international day of solidarity action for jailed Korean trade unionists and for striking KPTU Truck-SOL workers as well as Korea Railway and subway workers a speak out was held at the Korean consulate in San Francisco.
October 12, 2016 was an international day of solidarity for the over 50 jailed trade union truck drivers at Truck-SOL and other trade unionists and union leaders who have been jailed by the Korean government. The striking truckers are fighting deregulation and union busting.
Supporters of Korean jail trade unionists and striking Truck-SOL and other public workers in Korea rallied at the Korean Consulate in San Francisco.
The Korean government is trying to crush the workers strike and also has arrested over 50 strikers as well as jailing union leaders.
Thousands of Korean police are being mobilized to break the KPTU truckers strike and destroy the unions which are fighting deregulation.
A striking trucker in Busan Korea was hurt and arrested while on the picket line. The Korean government is using mass repression to break the union.
Workers around the world supported the strike of Korean Truck-SOL workers and other workers who are under attack and also faced arrest.
The Korean KPTU leaders announced that they would launch a strike against deregulation that would harm health and safety conditions and cut wages.
Korea KCTU Han Sang-Gyun, the head Korean Confederation of Trade Unions (KCTU) was arrested and jailed for leading a strike of the Korean Railway Workers Union against privatization of Korea Rail. The President Park Geun-hye is leading a war against workers and families of the Sewol Ferry disaster.
- [archive.is/S4SMO] Korea KCTU President Han Sang-Gyun has been jailed for 5 years
- [archive.is/XPdvc] Korean KPTU leaders announce strike
- [archive.is/4XBjk] KPTU Truck-SOL Rally
- [archive.is/dNDc3] Stop Labor Repression
- [archive.is/eQidK] Korean Striker Trucker Hurt and Arrested
- [archive.is/RihPM] Korean Police Guard Scabs At Trucking Company
- [archive.is/hYhfP] Supporters Of Jailed Korean Trade Unionists At Korean Consulate
* (2016-07-01, Public Services International - PSI) [archive.is/tfxDD]: PSI calls all its affiliates to support the Korean Public Services and Transportation Workers Union (KPTU) Vice President, Cho Sung-deok, who is facing trial in Korea and for whom the prosecutor’s office requested a prison sentence of 5 years. PSI stands in solidarity with KPTU and calls all its affiliates to sign the petition addressed to the Tribunal that will sentence Vice President Cho.
* "Urgent action: solidarity with Vice President of KPTU in Korea" (2016-07-01, world-psi.org) [archive.is/PTmOx]
* "Support Korea’s strikers for justice; A global trade union action took place on 12 October 2016 and was strongly supported by transport workers worldwide. Our activites are ongoing - join us!" (2016-10-05, itfglobal.org) [archive.is/eKZOs]
* "Imprisoned S. Korean labor leader named winner of 2016’s Freedom from Fear Award" (2016-10-11, english.hani.co.kr) [archive.is/SZAnw]
* "Korean Truck Drivers Begin Industrial Action as Rail Strike Enters its Third Week" (2016-10-10, zoominkorea.org) [archive.is/1DBxq]
* "Truckers go on strike, but no major disruptions reported" (2016-10-10, koreaherald.com) [archive.is/JiUcV]
* Korean Confederation of Trade Unions [facebook.com/kctueng], (retrieved 2016-10-19) [archive.is/QSuS2]
- (2016-10-18) [archive.is/8SHF5]: #KoreanStrike4Justice KCTU rally against regressive labour and public sector reform in support of the public and truck strikes. Striking rail workers held pre rally ahead of main rally underway now. Korail is promising diciplinary actions for 182 union leaders. 218 have been suspended from job positions. But rail workers are determined to keep fighting and will go into the 24th day of their strike tomorrow, making this the longest rail strike in Korean history. Photos [archive.is/jS0sD] [archive.is/lYkt1].
- (2016-10-18) [archive.is/zfX1M]: #KoreanStrike4Justice On the 9th day of TruckSol strike in Busan, police have arrested TruckSol President Won-ho Park based on suspicions of 'blocking traffic'. Thousands of TruckSol members continue to protest surrounded by police with many clashes occurring. Earlier today, KPTU and TruckSol pressed charges against the government for its illegal response to the strike, including suspension of fuel subsidies to participating drivers and relaxing of overloading regulations. Photos [archive.is/N8bMK] [archive.is/eObcN] [archive.is/RgaOP].
* "WFTU Solidarity Message to Ft. Worth Symphony Orchestra Musicians" (2016-10-13, wftucentral.org) [archive.is/rv6Df]: The World Federation of Trade Unions, representing 92 million workers in every corner of the world, expresses its solidarity with the Ft. Worth Symphony Orchestra Musicians in USA and their decision to go on strike to protect their collective contract.
Their demands are fair, they demand better wages, benefits for health care and vacation.
WFTU stands on the side of the Ft. Worth Symphony Orchestra Musicians and their struggle for job security and better wages. We call them to continue their struggle alongside the workers of the United States until the fulfillment of their demands.
WFTU calls on all trade unions to take initiatives of solidarity with them and send messages of support.
HANDS OFF OUR HOMES!
* "Renter protections on the ballot in November to look for" (2016-10-18, by Lynda Carson, Indybay.org Newswire) [archive.is/ljFc9], introduction: As recent as Thursday October 13, tenant activists around the Bay Area joined together outside the Hayward regional office of the California Apartment Association (CAA) to protest against the lies and deceit of the CAA being used to fight against renter protection ballot measures in the cities of Richmond, Alameda, San Mateo, Burlingame, and Mountain View. The activists also filed a complaint with the California Fair Political Practices Commission against the CAA!
information collected by the Committee to
DEFEND THOSE WITHOUT HOMES!
* "Wealthy San Francisco tech investors bankroll bid to ban homeless camps; The proposed law would ban tent encampments from San Francisco’s sidewalks – a visceral reminder of the city’s gaping inequality" (2016-10-12, theguardian.com) [archive.is/WubV7]
* "Police and Ranger Raid on Homeless In the Rain Reported" (2016-10-14, by Robert Norse) [archive.is/Dbt51]
* "Video of Santa Cruz ACLU's Form on Houselessness" (2016-10-15, by Robert Norse):
Wes White, a lead activist in establishing and supporting the Salinas Flagpole houseless community at Salinas City Hall, came to Santa Cruz last week to speak at and video the Rhodes event.
The Flagpole Community was forcibly dispersed by Salinas police on the night of Saturday October 1 using a draconian "emergency" law passed by the Salinas City Council 10 days earlier.
There has, as of yet, been no follow-up by the Santa Cruz ACLU, the sponsor of the Rhodes book tour, in terms of any local challenges to local repressive Santa Cruz ordinances. Meanwhile, homeless folks face continued harassment as the weather turns colder.
The video of the ACLU Forum on Houselessness can be seen at [youtube.com/watch?v=Kmy7TwsnbzM]
* "Rain or Shine--Freedom SleepOut #67 Rolls On" (2016-10-17) [archive.is/LKyou] [begin excerpt]: At Cityhall Land--where sleep for the homeless is banned and armed Sleepbusters get their paychecks at 809 Center St. After the First Amendment closes down at 10 PM on the City Hall grounds, many will choose to sleep along the Center St. sidewalk between Locust and Church Sts. The event goes on until Wednesday morning, after which houseless folks face harassment at the whim of police, rangers, and security thugs for the rest of the week. [...]
A HISTORY OF HATRED AGAINST THE UNHOUSED
More recent City Council attacks on the poor include the city-wide RV Ban--temporarily held in check by the Coastal Commission, the toxic expansion of "No Homeless Vehicles at Night" Permit Parking bans, collusion with the Homeless (Lack of) Services Center in creating a prison-like scene including a cut-off of public meals, and the militarization of Pacific Avenue replacing downtown "Hosts" with armed Rangers empowered to issue citations and arrest for anti-homeless ordinances on Pacific Avenue.
With the increasing threat of winter cold, freezing rain, and sharp winds on the horizon as October turns to November, some homeless activists are looking to the Tent Cities and Squats established in Oakland, Ventura, Eureka, and elsewhere. The Mathews City Council has abandoned its responsibilities to the poor and the community. It has instead funded and unleashed armed thugs in a program of homeless demolition.
Say yes to those who say no to thuggery. Support the Freedom Sleepers with food, funds, tents, blankets, video coverage, and cheer. [end excerpt]
* "City/County of Santa Cruz genocidal acts against (disabled) homeless at City Hall continues" (2016-10-17, letter by Dr. John Colby):
It seems like my "Big Wind" FOIA request to the U.S. Army to expose the genocidal intentions of the Santa Cruz City Council, City Staff, SCPD, City Rangers and 1st Alarm guards has been answered with a huge affirmation by those I intended to expose.
The night after the raid you reported at City Hall in the article (linked to below), I took witness testimony from (disabled) homeless people "cleansed" from City Hall. From their testimony I called the FBI. For three days preceding the raid Jessica Nash reported to you, the City Rangers had gone on a rampage to "cleanse" City Hall of (disabled) homeless people (by harassing them and illegally seizing their belongings which the FBI agreed was collective punishment (akin to "ethnic cleansing" which is a crime against humanity)). They agreed these were massive hate crimes targeting an entire class of people based on disability and economic class (homelessness).
They also agreed that the Homeless (Deadly) Services Center making Jessica Nash and her husband "Typhoid Mary's" by infecting them with bedbugs which are depriving Jessica of necessary medical care because no doctor nor clinic wants her HSC bedbugs infesting their offices/clinics. The FBI instructed me to find the appropriate California State environmental agency with an investigative unit (which then I presume can be passed up to the CADOJ for prosecution) by contacting the California Department of Consumer Affairs (which I hope to do tomorrow). The HSC by their negligence or criminal culpability (because they knowingly infect unsuspecting (disabled) people with bedbugs then cast them adrift), has willfully deprived Jessica Nash of medical treatment for serious life threatening conditions. The HSC is so despicable that one wonders why after they tried to murder Andy Carcello they haven't been completely shutdown as a health and safety hazard. Who is protecting them at the local level and why?
Last night the 1st Alarm guards took photographs of (disabled) homeless people from the upper courtyard of City Hall (where a dancing performance was held with much fanfare just a day before). The dancers and their instructors didn't know their audience had been "cleansed" of (disabled) homeless people. They agreed that access to dance performances is a human right. Last night the 1st Alarm guards threatened those they photographed that they would be arrested for trespassing if they return to the City Hall tonight.
The night of the raid I interviewed Lawrence McGreger — a victim of a hate crime in which he was almost beaten to death by 20 somethings with baseball bats yelling, "We don't want your kind in OUR TOWN!". Since that attack which the SCPD claims they have a detective investigating, Lawrence has been harassed mercilessly by City Rangers. They have physically assaulted him (as he has reported and I passed to the FBI who is documenting all this). The afternoon of the raid all his belongings (including a blanket we gave him because he had no bedding) was seized by, he claimed, the Santa Cruz County Sheriffs Office (SCSO). I called the SCSO who would neither confirm nor deny they had taken part in the raid by the SCPD and the City Rangers on City Hall. Why? SCR 911 claims they can't determine if SCSO was dispatched without a case number. Why?
All this suggests the City Council, the City staff and the multiple levels of goons they employ (thugs, brownshirts and Gestapo) are taking up the gauntlet I threw down in my FOIA request to the U.S. Army about helping Santa Cruz commit genocide agaisnt (disabled) homeless people. Maybe they are proving to me, the media and the federal government they have the cahones to commit genocide. Clearly they have effectively "cleansed" the City Hall of (disabled) homeless people. What happens after this? Where will it end? To what depravities will our town (infected by hate and hate mongers) sink? Will Santa Cruz go happily down the path to our own "Final Solution" to the "Homeless Problem"?
With great sadness and righteous anger,
[signed] Dr. John Colby, GGA
COMMUNITY FASCISM WATCH
* "Healthy food advocate launches petition against Safeway" (2016-10-14, timesheraldonline.com) [archive.is/xcmFP] [begin excerpt]:
The founder and executive director of the Food Empowerment Project, which was recently working in Vallejo, has started an online campaign directed at Safeway that as of Friday morning had 3,473 supporters.
“When Safeway/Albertsons decides to leave a neighborhood, they sometimes block other grocery stores from opening up in their former location,” Ornelas said. “This means that when they are the only grocery store around and leave an area such as a downtown location to move to the suburbs, they include a restriction on that property that states that no other grocery store can move in. Some of these restrictions have been for as long as 15 years.”
This, she said, “leaves residents in these areas without access to a supermarket, preventing them from accessing fresh food while negatively impacting the health of the community.”
Calls to Safeway corporate headquarters were not immediately returned.
Safeway’s deed restriction policy came to light in Vallejo in 2011, when Winco sought to build a store on Redwood Street. At that time, city officials noted that former Safeway stores seem to be the only Vallejo properties with such deed restrictions, and a Safeway spokeswoman said a specific explanation would require detailed research.
“Every situation is different,” Safeway spokeswoman Susan Houghton said at the time. “It’s not an uncommon practice, but I would have to research each, individual site to tell you why the restriction was placed on it.”
It was this type of deed restriction that kept the property that is now the downtown Grocery Outlet from housing a grocery store for so many years, the property’s owner, Dennis Brinson has said.
This appears to be the opposite of being a good corporate neighbor, Ornelas said.
“Communities of color, the differently-abled, and the elderly already experience barriers to accessing healthy food, and companies like Safeway should not be contributing to the problem,” she said. “They could easily change their ways and help neighborhoods stay healthy.”
Lawmakers in Washington, D.C., are working to protect access to healthy foods in all their neighborhoods by using local legislation to block this type of behavior, she said.
Ornelas urges readers to petition Safeway/Albertsons’ CEO Robert Miller “right now and tell him that all neighborhoods need access to fresh food.”
“Shame on Safeway!” she says. [...]
Ornelas said her organization has had lawyers look into the legality of such deed restrictions, though, while the practice is likely legal, “it is immoral.”
“Stopping this practice might just help communities across the U.S. gain access to healthy foods,” she said. “At the bare minimum, stores should not stand in the way of access.”
The petition can be found at [thepetitionsite.com/126/103/102/safeway-neighborhoods-need-healthy-foods] [end excerpt]
Community Fascism in Berkeley, CA:
* "Indigenous People's Day: Zachary Runningwolf's statement from Santa Rita Jail" (2016-10-10) [archive.is/WRQTN]: Berkeley Mayoral candidate Zachary Runningwolf has been held in jail for nearly a month on minor misdemeanor charges, making him unable to participate in the mayoral electoral process in the City of Berkeley. He has been on hunger strike for nearly two weeks now. The following is his statement for Indigenous People's Day, brought to us from Santa Rita Jail.
I am incarcerated in my own land. My only crime is running for Mayor in the city where I grew up, Berkeley.
The Prison-Industrial Complex is the fastest growing reservation. There are now 36 prisons in California, and the State of California has built 22 prisons but just 1 UC since the 1980s.
Currently, I am on the 12 day of a hunger strike and I give food to other inmates who have been denied food by the Warden, whose wife owns the Commissary.
My crime posted is misdemeanor vandalism and marijuana possession with no bail allowed. I have not yet gone to trial despite spending a month in jail due to repeated obstruction by the Oakland court system.
In reality, I am being persecuted for being in solidarity with the ongoing national prison strike in the guise of a vandalism charge. There are 50 prisons on work stoppage across the country, making this the largest prison strike in U.S. history.
Slavery is legal as a punishment for crime under the 13th amendment, and throughout the country, millions of people are forced to work for almost nothing.
I am also guilty of leading the 7th annual 4 Day Stop Driving campaign, during which I was arrested. Beginning October 11th of this year, this has become a monthly Stop Driving campaign on the 11th-14th of each month due to the global warming climate emergency we find ourselves in.
Another vandalism charge against me is a vandalism charge for a "Stop Fukushima" message. The real criminals are being exposed.
War criminals in the U.S. government have controlled Japan since WWII and I am the one being held.
The birth of the Nuclear Age was in the exact city where I am running for Mayor.
No advice or warnings were issued by the UC, the institution that birthed this nightmare.
The real criminals are those who have temporarily killed the Pacific Ocean.
My crimes are trying to protect 7 billion people and protect Mother Earth.
From Santa Rita Penitentiary,
RunningWolf for Mayor
Community Fascism in the itty-bitty City of Santa Cruz:
* "Rain or Shine--Freedom SleepOut #67 Rolls On" (2016-10-17) [archive.is/LKyou] [begin excerpt]: BLOWING THE WHISTLE ON BAD CONDITIONS IN SHERIFF HART'S JAIL -
Freedom Sleeper Lucero Luna, many times arrested and jailed, for peaceful protest against the Sleeping Ban on Pacific Avenue, reported her attempts to create alleviation of bad conditions in the women's jail resulted in a "crazy" designation. Her report noted women were held on the men's side of the jail; male jailers watched her while she was stripped; women were packed into a cell like sardines; the floors covered with women trying to sleep; She was wakened every half hour with a flashlight in the face for "suicide checks". Reportedly bunk beds were put in shortly after her departure in possible response to Lucero's expose.
FREEZING FREE EXPRESSION ON PACIFIC AVENUE -
Visual artists Joff Jones and Alex Skelton were assaulted with $1300 in fines for displaying their paintings "outside the blue boxes" in the courtroom of Commissioner "Bash the Bums" Baskett. She dismissed and ignored all Constitutional arguments after making a show of keeping to court protocol. It's unclear whether two, who have (in my view unwisely) kept their defense and their case under wraps, will appeal.
Ramini--an Iranian musician and craftswoman--was fined $233 for having her artwork on display without any evidence of sales as part of a cultural background to her musical performing. The City Attorney's office has refused to clarify whether it now regards any display of handicrafts, even if handmade and not offered for sale or donation, a crime. [end excerpt]
Community Fascism in Vallejo, the "City of God":
* "Mayoral candidate stands by distrust of Vallejo group" (2016-10-17, timesheraldonline.com) [archive.is/sy5PP] [begin excerpt]:
For Vallejo candidates, election season also means questionnaire time. However, a Vallejo mayoral candidate is standing by his decision in refusing to submit responses to a questionnaire put forth by a group of residents calling themselves Vallejo’s Solution Revolution.
A series of emails posted to Bill Pendergast’s campaign website reveal his distrust of the group. [...]
Questions ranged from housing and homelessness to the candidate’s beliefs about a strong mayor in the city of Vallejo.
Not satisfied with this assurance, the campaign posted a spreadsheet listing the names of the group members and whether they officially endorsed, contributed monetarily, and/or are friends on Facebook with fellow mayoral candidates Landis Graden, and/or Bob Sampayan.
“I believe this chart helps provide some of the transparency your organization deems worthwhile,” Pendergast wrote in an email to George.
The chart shows that most of the group has allegedly shown support with either Graden and/or Sampayan. In a follow-up email, Pendergast questioned whether VSR is “a group of Vallejo residents and activists.” [...]
Vallejo City Council candidate Vernon Williams III, along with school board candidates Hazel Wilson, along with Sue Burton also failed to submitted responses, George said. [end excerpt]
Documenting human-rights abuse by domestic security agencies
[NorthbayCopwatch.blogspot.com] [copblock.org] [wecopwatch.org] [filmingcops.com]
* "Trial begins for 120 suspected NYC gang members amid protests over 'racialized terror' " (206-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/HQL3w] [begin excerpt]:
A federal trial has begun for 120 young men accused of being members and associates of two rival street gangs in New York City. The youths are charged with racketeering, narcotics and firearms offenses. Their supporters protested outside the court.
About 30 supporters of the defendants rallied outside the courtroom on Wednesday at the start of the trial.
A supporter read a statement from one of the defendants, whose name was not released.
“I am one of the Bronx 120 and currently incarcerated in federal prison awaiting trial,” the statement read. “I was indicted on April 27 with a boatload of conspiracy charges related to gang activity like the rest of the Bronx 120. I was deemed a danger to society and denied bail.”
It continued: “I am an American citizen who is proud to be an American and I aspired to live the American Dream. I was raised in the Bronx and happened to live in the community that the Justice Department decided to sweep… I know the law. I should not be federally prosecuted. I am indicated with a bunch of people I have never met before in my life. Someone has told the government false information about me for them to believe I am a big-time criminal.”
The defendants were arrested during a massive early-morning sweep when over 700 NYPD and federal officers from the FBI, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) raided homes in the Bronx on April 27 to arrest people believed to be members and associates of two rival gangs. Helicopters and armored vehicles were part of the raid in Eastchester Gardens in the Bronx.
More than 100 suspects were arrested in the blitz and charged in two separate indictments. The defendants, identified by their names and various street names, face charges of racketeering conspiracy, narcotics conspiracy, narcotics distribution and firearms offenses.
According to the indictment, the majority of the suspects are in their early 20s and early 30s.
Prosecutors have alleged the gangs are connected to eight homicides that occurred in the area since 2009 including a 92-year-old woman shot in her home by a stray bullet. They said another incident involved a 15-year old boy who was “stabbed and left to die in the street.”
Crime rates across New York are at the lowest level in more than 50 years, with remaining violence mostly concentrated in the city’s poorest areas. According to the Intercept, law enforcement agencies have been targeting public housing areas in the city “to monitor, arrest and indict scores of young black and Latino men on broad conspiracy charges that come with decades-long prison sentences.”
“What we saw on April 27, 2016 with an alphabet soup of government agencies, including the FBI and ICE, descended on the project and the Eastchester neighborhood that was none other than an act of state terror by the government against the people at the bottom of society,” said one protester.
“It was a racialized act of terror. 700 police officers and other officials of the government descended on this neighborhood and terrorized children, the elderly, women and men, and indiscriminately picked up 120 young men, young men of color, and African Americans. Would this nation and this government employ this kind of terror against any other neighborhood? Would this happen in a middle-class white neighborhood? Would this happen in a working-class white neighborhood? I think not,” the protester added.
Another protester alleged the raids were part of a plan to move black and brown people out of public housing.
“It is about changing the scope of the city and its racial and ethnic makeup. The way to do that is to get black and brown folks out of public housing,” said Shannon from Why Accountability, a Bronx group pressing for public control over the police.Shannon said she had heard the grant housing was due to be torn down by 2020.
“How do you get people out in a hurry? Through raids and convictions. So the same thing happened in Eastchester Gardens, black and brown communities,” she said. [end excerpt]
* "Timeline of Stockton, CA killings by law enforcement, 1990 - present" (2016-10-13, Center for Convivial Research & Autonomy, ggg.vostan.net/ccra) [archive.is/ETK7H]:
This timeline mapping state violence in Stockton, CA was collectively generated as part of a larger ongoing convivial research effort to expose low intensity war across the Bay Area and state. The timeline was produced through a collaboration between the Center for Convivial Research and Autonomy and Carville Annex Press.
The timeline is a tool that remembers, counts, mourns and honors our dead. It is a collaborative effort of documentation over time that makes visible the many resistances that have refused erasure. This refusal itself is a confrontation against state violence. The timeline reflects our insurgent and organized community in Stockton and across the Bay Area and in its detail is reflected the work and tears and blood of many over time. Each vertical line represents a year in the history and present of Hayward and those whose lives were lost in that year, and counted. Based on what we know, we know that there are more lives that have been taken that are still missing here. We invite any names that we have missed and humbly invite corrections to any possible errors.
Running below the timeline are a series of conjunctures marked by the beginning and end of the reign of specific police chiefs of the Stockton Police Department. Also present along the lower lines and within these conjunctures are prominent events, which include moments when specific strategies and practices of policing were introduced or officially sanctioned by the department. This includes the formation of cross-agency task forces including Delta RATT (Regional Auto Theft Team), which includes the police departments of Stockton, Lodi, Manteca, as well as the California Highway Patrol, San Joaquin County Sheriff's Department, San Joaquin County Probation Department, and the San Joaquin County District Attorney. Many of the killings in Stockton and across San Joaquin County occurred at the hands of officers who belong to Delta RATT.
The timeline relies on local knowledges and the circuits of struggle where details and critical information are exchanged and circulated among us. It reflects our ongoing commitment to each other to continue to gather in streets, parks, community centers, taquerias, barbecues, bars and cafes to share what we know and elaborate the strategies and practices of policing, violence, and control that are aimed at us, department by department, program by program, across the state. In this way, we hope to collectively map for ourselves across communities the war that is organized against us as low intensity conflict in service of capital's racial regime. As a project of militant and convivial research this is a collaboration across our many rebellions, insurgencies, and networked moments of care to confront militarization and organize around our own community safety.
- Stockton timeline for download (.pdf) [is.gd/O5BxW5]
- Hayward timeline for download (.pdf) [is.gd/LEqC0P]
- San Francisco timeline for download (.pdf) [is.gd/72CvnO]
Civil War against domestic security agencies that are dominated by tendencies of White Nationalist Supremacy and affiliated fascist ideologies leads to stricter censorship regime against media that documents such trends, such as these incidents remain...
* "SFPD Officer Partially Paralyzed After Being Shot In Head Last Night" (2016-10-15, hoodline.com) [archive.is/3k24p] [begin excerpt]: Last night's incident began when the suspect threatened people at the Big 5 sporting goods store in the Lakeshore Shopping Center. After officers responded to the call, the suspect fled. He was located at nearby Everglade Drive, where he then fired several shots at officers, injuring Officer Downs.
Officer Downs' partner rendered aid and called for backup. Police then established a perimeter around Stern Grove and set up a tactical command center at 1515 Sloat Blvd.
Police chased the suspect until he emerged from the bushes at Vicente and 28th Avenue. At this point, multiple officers were involved in an officer-related shooting, according to SFPD. When the suspect fell down, he continued to wield his weapon before being distracted by flashbangs. He was taken into custody. [end excerpt]
* "Man, wearing body armor, attempts to shoot Vallejo police" (2016-10-17, timesheraldonline.com) [archive.is/tBKQw]: A man was shot by Vallejo police Sunday night after he allegedly pointed an assault weapon at two officers seated in Starbucks.
About 8:50 p.m. two Vallejo police officers were inside the Starbucks at 199 Lincoln Rd. West, when a black male adult opened the door to the business and pointed the weapon in their direction, according to police.
The suspect attempted to shoot the officers but the weapon malfunctioned. In response, the officers drew their weapons, while the suspect fled.
After a foot pursuit, the officers engaged the suspect near the intersection of Magazine and Sheridan streets as he continued to try and fire the weapon, police said.
The officers fired at the suspect, striking him three times. He was found to be carrying an additional loaded handgun and wearing body armor, police said.
The suspect was transported to a local hospital and is currently being treated for life threatening injuries, police said.
The two involved officers were not injured, and the Vallejo Police Department is currently investigating this incident with the assistance of the Solano County District Attorney’s Office, police added.
* "Santa Cruz Police Shoot and Kill Man on Westside" (2016-10-16, by Alex Darocy, Indybay.org Newswire) [archive.is/n69HM]
* "Family of Sean Smith-Arlt Releases Statement, Following his Killing by Santa Cruz Police" (2016-10-19, by Alex Darocy, Indybay.org Newswire) [archive.is/ejLcE] [begin excerpt]: The family of Sean Smith-Arlt has released a public statement that describes how dear Sean was to them, and what type of person he was and what some of his accomplishments were. They have confirmed Sean was suffering from ongoing mental health issues at the time he was killed by Santa Cruz police on October 16 near the corner of Chace and Getchell Streets. The family is calling for a more independent investigation into the killing. "The information that has been released so far is not telling the whole story. We are hopeful that with a more independent investigation, the entire truth will come out and justice will be done," the family states. [end excerpt]
* "NYPD officer shoots & kills 66yo 'emotionally disturbed' woman instead of using Taser" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/OvFxM]
* "Thousands of London police officers to start wearing body cams" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/woMP0] [begin excerpt]: Last month, a University of Cambridge study found that police officers clearly wearing body cameras receive 93 percent fewer complaints. The researchers suggested that this may because awareness that encounters are being recorded improves both the behavior of suspects and police procedural compliance.
In the US, the killings of Michael Brown, Eric Garner, Walter Scott, and a number of other unarmed black people by police officers since 2014 has brought the debate over body cams into the spotlight, with a number of police forces across the US moving to deploy body-worn cameras in an effort to bolster public trust in law enforcement.
The rollout of this technology has, however, been met with pockets of resistance and questions over how exactly the cameras should be used. Some reform advocates argue that the use of the cameras may erode personal privacy, while law enforcement agencies have raised concerns over the high costs of storing the data. [end excerpt]
* "Not a single NYPD officer wears a body camera" (2016-10-05, rt.com) [archive.is/pF4VB] [begin excerpt]: One of the reforms stemming from a federal court case on racial discrimination in the New York Police Department’s “stop, question and frisk” policy was a pilot program outfitting officers with body cameras. A report shows not one officer wears one.
The NYPD said it was committed to outfitting officers with body cameras and had chosen a company to supply up to 5,000 devices over the next five years.
City officials said the company chosen is VieVu LLC of Seattle. The contract would be worth $6.4 million.
The New York Times, which first reported the anomaly, found the contract has yet to be signed, and the rollout of the cameras will not begin for months. [...]
Several black pastors from the city called on the mayor on to dump the company chosen to provide body cams, arguing the cameras had issues.
“The product has failed in other cities. Let’s not rush it and do our due diligence,” the Reverend Keith Roberson, pastor of Southern Baptist Church told DNAinfo on Tuesday [archive.is/zT6f1].
An example he cited was in California, where 25 percent of body camera video footage was erased by the Oakland Police Department during a routine software upgrade, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.
“I’m concerned with what faulty body cams would mean for people of my community,” Roberson said. “Footage from body cameras can prove vital in any case. We just can’t afford footage loss or any room for human error, especially in communities of color where relationships with police are already tense.”
Body cameras were one of the court-ordered reforms under US District Judge Shira Scheindlin, stemming from a federal class action lawsuit three years ago that claimed the NYPD had engaged in racial discrimination when its officers conducted stop, question and frisk. At the height of the program in 2011 [archive.is/gwJUP], there were more than 600,000 stop, question and frisks that disproportionately involved black and Latino men. Following the lawsuit’s findings, the number of stops dropped to 191,851.
Scheindlin ordered a body cam pilot program to be established in at least five precincts. Three years after that demand, not one of the approximately 35,800 NYPD officers is wearing a body camera.
The New York Daily News reported in August the pilot program would be pushed back until at least February 2017 due to delays in obtaining equipment and other issues. [end excerpt]
* "Chicago police body cameras fail to record killing of unarmed black teen" (2016-08-02, rt.com) [archive.is/UZHlF]
NORTHBAY COPWATCH: Domestic Security Agencies and private-sector partners
* "Half of Americans in ‘virtual lineup’ face-recognition police programs – study" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/FqrvT]
* "Top State Dept official accused of offering FBI ‘quid pro quo’ to declassify Clinton emails" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/2fLrP]
* "Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter Provided Data Access for a Surveillance Product Marketed to Target Activists of Color" (2016-10-11, aclunc.org) [archive.is/gEj38]
* "Facebook, Twitter and Instagram sent feeds that helped police track minorities in Ferguson and Baltimore, report says" (2016-10-11, washingtonpost.com) [archive.is/aS5N9]
* " 'Imagine A Day Without Censorship' speakout at Facebook Zuckerberg's SF Mansion" (2016-10-11, Labor Video YouTube Channel) [http://youtu.be/ba2blUykKAI]:
On John Lennon's birthday October 9, 2016, a rally sponsored by LaborNet.org was held outside the San Francisco mansion of billionaire Mark Zuckerberg the owner of Facebook to protest the censorship and privatization of the internet. Participants discussed Zuckerberg's agreement with the apartheid Israeli government and Netanyahu to censor the internet with critical content of the Israeli government. Facebook is also censoring live streaming from Standing Rock Native American pipeline protesters and Kurdish activists.
* "Sheriff Supporting Trump Says It’s Time To Bring Out ‘Pitchforks And Torches’ ; This is horrifying" (2016-10-15, huffingtonpost.com) [archive.is/4Gq9s]
* "Communists Shut Down Press: 'We Don't Allow Right Wing Bloggers' " (2014-06-16) [archive.is/9fvAB]. White Supremacist and security agency snitch complains about being almost ejected from an anti-Capitalist lecture at Portland State University, yet afterwards proceeds to compile a list of the identities of the organizers of the lecture, posting it publicly, thereby showing himself as to why he is considered to be such a threat.
* "Communist Hate Group Exposed At Oregon Trump Rally" (2016-05-09, by Alex Jones) [archive.is/hPATA]. DIA Asset Alex Jones is a snitch who uses his news media to compile dossiers on specific communists, and against militant American nationalists.
* "Apple employees accused of compiling explicit pics of customers" (2016-10-13, rt.com) [archive.is/CW72O]
At anytime can certain security agencies of the USA access IT data, let alone private individuals in possession of certain hack tools.
* "Trump Organization's 'problematic' cybersecurity risks email hack — report" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/dR2lS] [begin excerpt]: By using public records, Beaumont discovered that the Trump Organization is using Microsoft Windows 2003 for their email servers. The last time Microsoft offered support and patches for Windows 2003 was in July 2015, meaning that the decade-old server has been open to attacks and hacks for over a year. [end excerpt]
NORTHBAY COPWATCH: International Security Agencies, the Five-Eyes, and transnational partners
* "Recent History of Assaults on Universities Regarding Academic Freedom, the Right of Free Speech and Dissent" (2016-10-18, California Scholars for Academic Freedom) [archive.is/GjKwk] [begin excerpt]: CALIFORNIA SCHOLARS FOR ACADEMIC FREEDOM (CS4AF), a group of over 200 scholars at twenty California institutions of higher learning, urge a renewed and strong support by university administrators for academic freedom and the right to free speech and dissent in light of an alarming recent history of assaults on academic freedom.
On September 13, well after the school year had begun, UC Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks and Dean Carla Hesse cancelled a course entitled “Palestine: A Settler Colonial Analysis” that had been vetted and approved by all the appropriate committees and authorities. It was soon revealed that 43 Zionist organizations (some of these may be organizations in name only) had sent letters of protest asking for its suppression. Faculty and student protest forced the administration to reinstate the course. But adding insult to injury, UC Berkeley administrators have refused to apologize publicly, and have continued to conceal the obvious reasons for their caving in to outside pressures behind a veil of administrative lingo and half-truths.
The UC Berkeley case is but the latest assault on academic freedom that has increased in intensity over the last fifteen years, overwhelmingly in the interest of one foreign government, namely Israel.
Well-funded interest groups outside of the university, including AMCHA, Campus Watch, Louis D. Brandeis Center, Anti-Defamation League, Zionist Organization of America, the David Horowitz Freedom Center, the Canary Mission Website, the Middle East Forum, and the David Project Center for Jewish Leadership have kept up a continuous effort to silence open debate about a controversial issue: the Israeli occupation and Palestinian rights. It is worth noting that two of the main proponents of these organizations, David Horowitz and Daniel Pipes, were named as leading Islamophobes by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Increasingly, such groups are intervening in campus matters across the nation, and they do so with the intent of chilling freedom of expression. It is clearly their intent not only to intimidate but also by example to threaten others and deter them from their rights to academic freedom and free speech. These groups have a well-organized campaign to end any critical discourse on Israel. One of them, the Canary Mission website has made its main mission to intimidate and blacklist students and faculty who speak out in support of Palestinian rights. The Canary Mission website tries to prevent college students who have been active in seeking Palestinian rights from attaining employment upon graduation, conflating their activism with anti-Semitism. They list the names of these students, their employment history, and other personal information, contacting prospective employers and graduate schools, claiming without evidence that the students are anti-Semites and terrorists.
The claims of these various groups are made in the name of protecting the ethnic or religious sensitivities of students, usually by intemperate and exaggerated characterizations of the statements or scholarly work of those they target. In particular, the charge of anti-Semitism is routinely and opportunistically invoked, often on the basis of the spurious and unfortunate equation made by the State Department between anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism. Quite aside from the criticism that this definition has gathered from the scholarly community, the fact that a governmental definition that is the fruit of lobbying and political considerations is de facto assumed as valid for academic discussions is in itself a limitation of academic freedom, which is specifically designed to be independent of political constraints, and, more generally, push the boundaries of politically-mandated definitions and notions. In none of the cases listed below, was there any evidence whatsoever that the scholarly criticisms of Israel have in fact been anti-Semitic. The charge is meant to harass and silence criticism and open debate. In addition, nearly all of the harassment is one-sided: against those who are critical of Israel. All such charges of anti-Semitism against university campuses have been dismissed. Still, this charge continues to be invoked to silence debate on a controversial issue, a core of academic freedom. [end excerpt]
* "Suspicious US company tried to frame Assange as 'pedophile' and Russian spy" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/zlbdB]
* "Pro-Hillary US State Dept ‘behind Assange internet cutoff’ – WikiLeaks activist to RT" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/8d2pd]
* "WikiLeaks says Ecuador cut off Assange’s internet after new Clinton emails published" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/din54]
* "Assange's internet link intentionally severed by state party - WikiLeaks" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/xZBDM]
* " ‘Impacting US election’: Ecuador says cut off Assange’s net as Clinton leaks breached impartiality" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/mjbfj]
* " ‘If anything happens, investigate’: Conspiracy theorist’s death could be murder, his mom claims" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/J7DfK]: A British conspiracy theorist who died suddenly in Poland could have been murdered, his mother claims.
Max Spiers, 39, originally from Kent, was visiting Warsaw in July this year to give a talk about conspiracy theories and UFOs.
His mother, Vanessa Bates, 63, said days before his death he texted her saying: “Your boy’s in trouble. If anything happens to me, investigate.”
Bates claims the Polish authorities told her that her son died of natural causes, but no post-mortem examination was carried out on his body.
She believes his investigations into UFOs and government cover-ups may have made him enemies who wanted him dead.
“I think Max had been digging in some dark places and I fear that somebody wanted him dead,” Bates said.
“Max was a very fit man who was in good health and yet he apparently just died suddenly on a sofa.”
Spiers’ body was flown home to the UK a week after his death and a post-mortem examination was carried out. His family is awaiting the results.
“Apparently, he had not suffered any obvious physical injuries but he could have been slowly poisoned, which is why the results of toxicology tests from his post-mortem are so important,” she said.
The conspiracy theorist claimed to have been the victim of a mind-control program run by the UK and US in conjunction with surviving Nazis.
Speaking to Kent’s regional broadcaster, KMTV, Bates said: “These people seemed to be involved in some very, very dark and dangerous areas of the world, and I was afraid that as he was gaining popularity and fame, perhaps somebody would want him out of the way, i.e. not alive any longer.”
An example of how any security agency, both public and private sector, may condition social perception using a minimal of resources...
* "Pensioner prank: How elderly Moscow man became ‘millionaire’ Instagram star… for just $800" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/y5yZ6]
* "Spy agencies illegally collected personal data on British citizens for 10 years, judges rule" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/BaS1u]
* "Australian asylum system ‘explicitly designed to inflict damage, amounts to torture’ – Amnesty" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/YZQ0I]
* "Real-life Robocop: Dubai to get android police force by 2017" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/FRiP1]
A method of incorporating a person of interest is through state social programs. Also, the USA-backed ISIS faction is given a sanctuary state within the European Union.
* "Jihadi rehab: Swedish city plans free driver’s license, housing & tax benefits for returning fighter" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/InKvV]
* "Swedish court allows the flying of ISIS flag" (2016-10-16, rt.com) [archive.is/Fn0i3]
* "ISIS fighters in Sweden to attack ‘civilian targets’ in Stockholm - reports" (2016-04-26, rt.com) [archive.is/5gzyu]
from the Committee to
FREE 'EM ALL!
End the Drug War! Stop Jim Crow! Close the Torture Chambers! [solitarywatch.com] [facebook.com/incarceratedworkers] [supportprisonerresistance.noblogs.org] [denverabc.wordpress.com] [prisonlegalnews.org] [prisonbooks.info] [nycabc.wordpress.com] [powmedicaljustice.com] [sacprisonersupport.wordpress.com]. Become a Human Rights Pen Pal! [link].
* "Santa Clara Jail inmates go on hunger strike to protest inhumane treatment" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/PnziX]
* "Prisoner protest leads to 150 transfers, housing unit damage" (2016-09-14, newberry-news.com) [archive.is/97yxw]:
Saturday morning, September 10, about 400 prisoners marched peacefully as a form of protest inside the Kinross Correctional Facility. The protest was part of a small group of protests in several states this weekend meant to coincide with the 45th anniversary of the Attica Correctional Facility riots in upstate New York.
This was the only prison in Michigan that experienced any form of protest this weekend.
After speaking with leaders of the march, the warden and facility staff were able to convince the prisoners to return inside and go back to their housing units.
The march began at about 8:50 a.m. outside the prisoner housing units. It ended at about 12:30 p.m. without incident.
That afternoon, as the department began its efforts to remove prisoners that were involved in instigating Saturday’s disruption, some prisoners caused damage to their housing units. Some damage done by the inmates included broken sinks, at least one broken window and a small fire.
A total of 150 prisoners then were transported to other facilities. There were no injuries to any prisoners or staff.
Kinross Correctional, located in Kincheloe, houses level 1 and level 2 prisoners.
* "Call to Support Michigan Prison Rebels" (2016-09-08, interrupt.noblogs.org) [archive.is/JwRwL][begin excerpt]:
The Kinross Prison Riot -
On Saturday, September 10th around 8:00am 400 inmates at Kinross Correctional Facility staged a protest march in the prison yard. There were speeches and chanting to commemorate the 45th Anniversary of the Attica Prison Uprising. They also demanded better food quality, higher wages for prison jobs, and better access to the commutation process [archive.is/gzxlv].
Some of the prison authorities met with the inmates to discuss their demands. The prison officials convinced them to return to their housing units, but misled them and began moving 150 of the prisoners deemed as “instigators” out of Kinross. This is when prisoners escalated and began to fight back.
According to Corrections Department officials, inmates used an electrical device to start a small fire in one unit, sinks were damaged and at least one window smashed. They barricaded themselves in multiple different housing areas and damaged two beyond repair. This rebellion could not be ignored, even by prison spokespeople. One is quoted as saying “this was not an average, peaceful demonstration that anyone can brush off.”
In leaked Michigan State Police audio, it was revealed that there was also an escape attempt [archive.is/ugCh9]. Until at least early Saturday morning, 9/17, the prison was on lockdown and calls were unable to go through because of the prison being “under a mobilization.” This was one of the largest rebellions that took place as part of the National Strike to End Prison Slavery [archive.is/H7Wvw]. Because communication through prison walls is complicated, the information we have currently is most likely the soft view of the intensity of both those resisting on the inside, as well as the violence being dished out by the Correctional Officers in retaliation. With this in mind, it’s time for us on this side of the razor wire to show up for these freedom fighters. [end excerpt]
* "Prisoners protest food under new contractor Trinity" (2016-03-22, freep.com) [archive.is/GD4CQ]
* "Inmates in Upper Peninsula set fire, damage housing units; Spokeswoman says multiple fires were set and two housing units have been left unlivable" (2016-09-11, freep.com) [archive.is/cP6aI]
* "Riot or reined-in? Prison officials disagree on U.P. skirmish" (2016-09-21, freep.com) [archive.is/2pt3M]
* "Kinross inmate: Raid with pepper spray sparked vandalism" (2016-10-04, freep.com) [archive.is/9H68D]
* "State moving 1,600 prisoners out of Kinross in U.P. ; About 1,600 prisoners are to be moved out of Kinross Correctional Facility later this month" (2016-10-07, freep.com) [archive.is/UvoQd]
* "Officials debated message on Kinross prison disturbance" (2016-10-14, freep.com) [archive.is/HZsHT]
* "North Dakota Prosecutor Charges Amy Goodman with Rioting; This is an assault on the First Amendment and press freedom" (2016-10-15, telesurtv.net) [archive.is/66fIi]
* "Riot charges dropped against Amy Goodman for reporting on Dakota Access Pipeline" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/adV0b]
* " ‘Democracy Now!’ journalist pursued by N Dakota prosecutors despite dropping of charges" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/uwk45]
* "KPFA Solidarity With Amy Goodman & Journalists At Standing Rock Sioux Tribe In N. Dakota" (2016-10-19, by Labor Video Project) [archive.is/W8rdn], attached video [youtube.com/watch?v=guAFdsTC-i0]: There was solidarity with Democracy Now journalist Amy Goodman and other journalists at Standing Rock Sioux Nation in North Dakota who are being jailed and threatened for reporting the repression and attack on the Standing Rock Sioux Nation and other tribes and supporters who are fighting the pipeline. A small rally was held in front of Pacifica KPFA on October 18 in solidarity with Amy and the journalist.
Photo captions -
- [archive.is/vubft] KPFA Staff and supporters of Amy Goodman and other journalists came to KPFA on October 18, 2016
- [archive.is/WaaFw] KPFA LSB member and Pacifica board member spoke out in support of Democracy Now journalist Amy Goodman and other journalists who have been arrested and face jail at the Standing Rock Sioux Nation land in North Dakota.
* "Rally/Action To Support Amy Goodman and other courageous journalists At Standing Rock" event page with compilation of articles (2016-10-18) [archive.is/HbMYC]
* "Gitmo detainee granted rectal surgery after CIA ‘torture by sodomy’ " (2016-10-13, rt.com) [archive.is/c2P2c]
* "FREEDOM for the Lebanese Georges Ibrahim Abdullah -- jailed for 32 years in prison by the French State" (by "Circle of Fire" Anarchist Collectivism, of the Republic of Greece, EU) (machine translated) [archive.is/KXx06]
LIBERATION FOR ALL GENDERS!
THE HUMAN RIGHT TO EXISTENCE MUST BE PROTECTED!
* "Lansing, Michigan: Can’t Cage Our Humanity Rally in Solidarity with LGBTQ Prisoners" (m1aa.org) [archive.is/5QxH4]
END PATRIARCHY! COMBAT MISOGYNY!
USA support for states which oppress all non-males must end!
* "Indonesian woman flogged for standing too close to boyfriend" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/vJpNr]
articles recommended by the
SAN PABLO BAY ECOLOGICAL PRESERVATION ASSOCIATION
Campaigns, info, and more [SanPabloBayEPA.blogspot.com]. Science [discardstudies.com]. [blog.savesfbay.org]
* "Colorado Air Force base dumped toxic wastewater into sewer system" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/CistO]
* "Turtle Island Restoration Network Wins Victory for Whales, Dolphins & Sea Turtles Threatened by the California Driftnet Fishery for Swordfish; A new proposed rule would put in place limits on the number of whales, sea turtles, and dolphins that the California driftnet fishery for swordfish can catch" (2016-10-14, tirn.net) [archive.is/edLHE]
SAN PABLO BAY EPA: Health and the Human Ecology
Monopolists enforce a regime that does not recognize the natural right to health and life. Info [detoxproject.org].
* "Full Review Requested of Proposed Warriors' Arena Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Toxic Air Contaminants, Land-use Impacts" (2016-10-13, biologicaldiversity.org) [archive.is/BQKGS]
* "Report: Californians May Be Drinking Oil Industry Chemicals" (2016-10-04, by Center for Biological Diversity) [archive.is/7qWOm]
* "New rules fall short of protecting schoolchildren from pesticide exposure, Latino kids most at risk" (2016-09-29, Californians for Pesticide Reform) [archive.is/6Tm9H]
* "Update on Agricultural Pesticide Use Near Schools and Child Daycare Centers" (2016-10-19, by Charlotte Fadipe) [archive.is/AO6zV]
* "California regulators ignore risks, allow for increased use of Dow’s cancer-causing strawberry pesticide" (2016-10-16, Californians for Pesticide Reform) [archive.is/G3GsF] [begin excerpt]: Months after unveiling an analysis of the risks associated with the cancer-causing fumigant pesticide 1,3-dichloropropene, banned by the same agency decades prior, the California Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR) today announced new rules that would allow even more of the pesticide to be used in strawberry fields, almond orchards, carrot fields, vineyards and other crops across the state. The announcement comes just days after the department issued new draft rules that fail to sufficiently protect schoolchildren from hazardous agricultural pesticides.
Rather than further restrict the chemical, which is marketed by Dow Chemical under the brand name Telone, officials paved the way for even greater use by adopting a concerning change in the method of calculating cancer risk - over the objections of scientists in the Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA), the California Environmental Protection Agency’s main risk assessment office.
Under the new rules, growers will be permitted to use 136,000 lbs of Telone per area, a 50% increase over the prior maximum, which will lead to an even greater risk of cancer.
“Once again, DPR has chosen to listen to Dow Chemical instead of agency scientists,” said Mark Weller, co-director of Californians for Pesticide Reform. “It’s beyond me how DPR can spin this as an improvement. And it’s simply egregious that DPR has again ignored the voices of the frontline communities most at risk, who have repeatedly demanded better protections from this cancer-causing chemical.”
In making the announcement, DPR touted its decision to end the unscientific practice of “banking,” whereby growers were permitted to exceed the allowances of the pesticide for a given area by rolling over unused allotments from prior years. And growers won’t be able to use any Telone at all in the month of December, one of the highest use months in the Central Valley, when typical weather patterns cause the pesticide to linger in the air.
Farmworker and health advocates point out that the allowance has become considerably larger now that DPR has elected to calculate cancer risk in a manner OEHHA concluded is not health protective, and has continued to allow ten times more cancer risk than the one-in-a-million risk level recommended by OEHHA and the Department’s own scientists. A one-in-a-million risk level is already used for most toxic chemicals.
“DPR is not fooling anyone with this plan,” said Caroline Cox, Research Director at the Center for Environmental Health. “There’s no virtue in banning banking if you simply increase the amount that can be used in the first place.” [end excerpt]
UNITED STATES FASCISM WATCH
Documenting the process of fascism and for whom it benefits. [UnitedStatesFascism.blogspot.com] [exposefacts.org]
* "A New McCarthyism: Greenwald on Clinton Camp's Attempts to Link Trump, Stein & WikiLeaks to Russia" (2016-08-31, democracynow.org) [archive.is/r9rpH]
* "Federal whistleblowers left out to dry by OSHA – report" (2016-10-14, rt.com) [archive.is/zdGR1]
* "CEO sold millions in Wells Fargo stock before fraud revelations" (2016-10-14, cbsnews.com) [archive.is/sf9wS]
* "Wells Fargo CEO to Receive $130 Million After Opting for Early Retirement Amid Scandal" (2016-10-13, ktla.com) [archive.is/nWJCg]
* "How Walmart Persuades Its Workers Not to Unionize; America’s largest private employer cares a lot about preventing its workers from organizing, a leaked training video reveals" (2015-06-08, theatlantic.com) [archive.is/ujYT2]
* "Home Depot and Walmart Used the Same Actors and Scripts for Their Anti-Union Videos" (2016-10-11, labor411.org) [archive.is/GkN70]: Just when you thought that the anti-union propaganda videos of Home Depot and Walmart couldn't get worse, it turns out that two videos are eerily similar.
Either one of the companies ripped off the other's video or they hired a video company that felt like cutting corners by rehashing the same stuff.
See the trainwreck for yourself: "Home Depot and Wal-Mart's anti-union videos, same actors & scripts" [archive.is/pBzBc].
Update: Videos have been taken down since publication of this article, by order of "Projections Incorporated" [archive.is/8jxho], the company which produced the videos which also has a subsidiary called "Union Proof" [archive.is/zJsDM].
* "Trotsky, Strauss, and the Neocons; War Party's leftist and elitist roots exposed" (2003-06-13, by Justin Raimondo, antiwar.com) [archive.is/rYTZW]
* "Good piece on the Trotskyite roots of the National Review and 'neo' conservatism" (2012-04-11, The Star Ledger daily newspaper) [archive.is/HmwMr]
* "Trotskyism to Anachronism: The Neoconservative Revolution" (1995-07, by John B. Judis, foreignaffairs.com) [archive.is/xbdNL] [begin excerpt]: For 14 years, from the 1973 Jackson-Vanik amendment until the 1987 Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces Treaty, a group of intellectuals known as neoconservatives shaped, and sometimes dominated, American foreign policy. They wrote for Commentary, The Wall Street For 14 years, from the 1973 Jackson-Vanik amendment until the 1987 Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces Treaty, a group of intellectuals known as neoconservatives shaped, and sometimes dominated, American foreign policy. They wrote for Commentary, The Wall Street Journal, and later The National Interest. They acted through organizations like the Committee on the Present Danger and the Committee for the Free World. They held important positions in the AFL-CIO leadership and in the office of Senator Henry M. Jackson, then the most powerful Democrat on the Senate Armed Services Committee. And during Ronald Reagan's first term, they occupied influential posts in the State and Defense Departments.
George Washington University historian John Ehrman has recounted how these intellectuals' views on foreign policy developed and, once they were ascendant, changed. His book is well written, and, while some of his choices of people are eccentric, many of his comments about particular neoconservatives are insightful. Ehrman's overall history, however, is skewed.
Ehrman describes neoconservatism as the fourth phase in the development of liberal foreign policy. The first was Cold War liberalism, which he identifies with Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.'s The Vital Center, Reinhold Niebuhr's essays, and the Truman administration's hawkish National Security Council report, NSC-68, drafted in 1950 under the supervision of Paul Nitze. The second was the left-wing revisionism of the 1960s, which he identifies chiefly with historian William Appleman Williams and disciples like Richard Barnet. The third was the neoliberal synthesis by political scientists Stanley Hoffmann and Zbigniew Brzezinski, which stressed world order and interdependence over containment and polarization. Neoconservatism arose as a reaction to both left-wing revisionism and neoliberalism and as a reaffirmation of Cold War liberalism. The neoconservatives, writes Ehrman, stood for "continued adherence to the vital center idea of an activist anticommunist foreign policy." They were Cold War liberals who searched for a Truman in the 1970s and found Reagan. [end excerpt]
These class acts masqueraded as chosen radicals to influence ideologies for campaign that benefited their individual interest in the market, deployment of actors to destabilize the world market, but instead of for the purpose of installing socialism and worker's democracy, it was to maintain dominon over the world by expanding the market regime, for the purposes of capital investments.
Instead of Human Rights and the Plebiscite, these murderous Neo-Cons destroy social programs and give aid to theocratic militants...
These people implemented their radical regime of permanent revolution through various foreign branches of the USA State Dept. (among others) over the nations of northern Arabia, but left the murderous Saudi regime in place to protect investments.
In the USA, there were thousands of adherents to Trotskyism who "crossed-over" into the Reagan Revolution under the regime with CIA Director George Bush. These people are still influential among the Two Party system, and those among them who are of Israel Dual Citizenship or of Messianic Ideals are labeled "neo-Cons", as in former Trotskyites who turned New Conservative, the most famous of whom, and a major actor in USA Two Party politics from the 1980s through mid-last decade, is David Horowitz [archive.is/6DBbf]
* "Why did so many Trotskyites become Neo-Conservatives?" Q&A forum (retrieved 2016-10-15, via politicsforum.org) [is.gd/7yPbvL], with an interesting chart chronologically outlining the philosophical threads of the neo-Conservatives [archive.is/ksVkX].
* (2016-10-15, Brandon Turbeville) [archive.is/lvAlE]: If anyone wants a perfect example of how counterproductive the Red Cross actually is, they can come to the shelter for hurricane victims in Mullins, S.C. This organization has prevented numerous people from giving food, items, clothing and other support to hurricane victims who have lost everything in the storm. People who have prepared or purchased good food for those staying at the shelter are being turned away. Any organization that prevents hungry people from receiving food is not part of the solution, it is part of the problem. They are preventing the community from taking care of each other and are acting as if they are an authority and not a group that is supposed to be helping. Shape up or ship out, Red Cross. Every time there is a disaster, we hear about how great the Red Cross is and what brave, self-less work they do. If this behavior continues, we will make sure that this is not what people hear this time around.
* "Looming Mosul catastrophe: Red Cross ready to provide for 300,000 out of 1mn refugees" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/GIGCp]
USA FASCISM: "Libertarianism & Constitutionalism" to benefit private bureaucracies
[alibertarianfuture.com] [fff.org] [mises.org]
A White Racial Supremacist elected into Australia Parliament attempts to use his position to advocate for oppression, Red-baits his liberal capitalist rivals as "communists", is celebrated by Libertarians in the USA and by White supremacists worldwide
* " 'Go F**k Yourself You Communist Turd' Senator Says To Anti-Free Speech Democrat" (2015-01-15, libertyviral.com) [is.gd/vGMYm0]
USA FASCISM: Dominionism & the "Prosperity Gospel"
* "Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin Declares ‘Oilfield Prayer Day’ To Ask God To Protect The State’s Oil Industry ; 'I think prayer is always a good thing, for anyone' " (2016-10-11, huffingtonpost.com) [archive.is/9HzH9]
USA FASCISM: Military State
* "The Navy was like a jail sentence: I had to escape" (2016-03-30, by Connor McAllister, Veterans For Peace UK, vfpuk.org) [archive.is/0o4L9] [begin excerpt]: The military’s like teflon. The general public seem wary to criticise the forces, but people in the armed forces are constantly critical – of the lack of equipment, of low pay, on constant deployment. It’s strange.
I suppose there’s a slick propaganda system. I’m not a fan of many of the veterans charities either. They become apologists for government policies. Instead of standing up for veterans, they’re just coping with them.
I think we should stop giving money to Help for Heroes. They’re involved in the groups responsible for this mess. The banquets with arms dealers like BAE Systems and Thales? It’s deplorable and abhorrent. [end excerpt]
USA FASCISM: Two Party Dictatorship
* "Millennials equally dislike Trump, Clinton & Putin – but would vote socialist" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/vkmmd]
* "#Podesta10: WikiLeaks release more emails from Clinton campaign chair" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/NB8CL]
* " 'Doofus Bernie': #PodestaEmails11 reveal more contempt for Sanders" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/gjrWS]
* "It’s Russia & RT! Team Clinton knows who’s to blame for Podesta leaks" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/BPUT3]
* "Hillary Clinton's speeches to Goldman Sachs" synopsis (2016-10-17, Richard Chen):
Attached are the Wikileaks releases of the speeches Clinton gave to Goldman Sachs. And you didn't even have to kill any unicorns to read them.
A lot of it is bullshit, but it's useful to see a little bit of what she says behind closed doors (though to a general audience of the hyper-wealthy, so it's not the real positions).
For example, she talks about bombing Iran, claiming that the Iranian people will overthrow their government if the US does that, because they're not a democracy.
She discusses the pros and cons of bombing Syria compared to the bombing of Libya.
She bemoans the restrictions that government puts on public service for people who have "complicated and successful lives" - by which she means having to divest your stocks, share your taxes, and deal with onerous government regulation of things like your email, which make life difficult for investment bankers and suchlike who want to have a stint in government. This was before the email scandal.
- Goldman Sachs Speech 1 (.pdf) [is.gd/KzShxt]
- Goldman Sachs Speech 2 (.pdf) [is.gd/aob9ZP]
- Goldman Sachs Speech 3 (.pdf) [is.gd/x2keCn]
* "Clinton Said That Both The Democratic And Republican Parties Should Be 'Moderate' ; Clinton Said She Was Strongly Against Legalizing Marijuana" (2014-03-18, remarks at Xerox forum by Hillary Clinton), part of the "Hillary Clinton Remarks" report (.doc) [is.gd/SZjaUG], attached to a Podesta email [is.gd/al3CxM]:
- URSULA BURNS: So long means thumbs up, short means thumbs down; or long means I support, short means I don't. I'm going to start with -- I'm going to give you about ten long-shorts.
- SECRETARY CLINTON: Even if you could make money on a short, you can't answer short.
- URSULA BURNS: You can answer short, but you got to be careful about letting anybody else know that. They will bet against you. So legalization of pot?
- SECRETARY CLINTON: Short (no) in all senses of the word.
- URSULA BURNS: Interesting. Democrats?
- SECRETARY CLINTON: Oh, long (yes), definitely.
- URSULA BURNS: Republicans?
- SECRETARY CLINTON: Unfortunately, at the time, short (no).
- URSULA BURNS: Okay. We'll go back to questions.
- SECRETARY CLINTON: We need two parties.
- URSULA BURNS: Yeah, We do need two parties.
- SECRETARY CLINTON: Two sensible, moderate, pragmatic parties.
* "Clinton On Budget Politics: 'We Need Reasonable, Rational, Moderate Voices On Both Sides Of The Aisle… Do We Have To Do Something About Entitlements? Yes. Do We Have To Figure Out What We Want To Be As A Nation And Then Pay For It? Yes. Do We Have To Restrain Spending So That We Don't Bankrupt Ourselves And Undermine Our Position At Home And Abroad? Yes.' " (2013-04-24, Speech by Hillary Clinton, presented to the National Multi-Housing Council), part of the "Hillary Clinton Remarks" report (.doc) [is.gd/SZjaUG], attached to a Podesta email [is.gd/al3CxM]:
- CLINTON: The devil, as is usually the case, is in the details, because everybody has their own particular idea of what each of those goals mean and the tactics and strategies that we should deploy to get there. Now, Erskine was in the White House, working for my husband, he was Chief of Staff when the budget deal of the late '90s was reached. It was not easy by any means. There was a lot of stray voltage about. You know, we can't compromise, you have to hold your ground, we can't give in, this is sacred, that is sacred. But it was an intensive effort that my husband and Erskine and the team in that administration were engaged in with their congressional counterparts, and they just kept at it, and they just kept sort of burrowing in and making the case and finally reaching an agreement that led to balanced budgets. And, I might add, if we had stayed with the trajectory for the budget that came out of the Clinton Administration, we actually would have paid off the debt. So it wasn't only eliminating, over time, the deficit, but it would have actually paid off the debt. So, I think the -- the formula's easy to say, but the politics are very hard. And I guess, you know, Tom, I would say that, in my family, we always say you got to get caught trying, and you have to keep trying. There's too much at stake. The idea that we put the creditworthiness of the gold-plated economy, the U.S. economy, at risk over the fiscal cliff debate -- I was in Hong Kong during that debate in the summer of 2011, and it was embarrassing. It was even a little painful for me because I was speaking to a big Hong Kong business group, and they were multinational executives there, a lot of Chinese were there, both mainland and Hong Kong, and they were just incredulous. They kept saying, now, explain to me, your Congress may let -- may say you cannot pay your debts? I mean, explain that to me. And I said, oh, no, that'll never happen. We'll figure it out. We're -- you know, we often cause these problems. Like Winston Churchill said, you know, the Americans try everything first before they finally get to the right decision. So, I guess I'm of the school that we will, by necessity, have to get to the right decision. But I think that's where a lot of you come in. Really, we need -- we need reasonable, rational, moderate voices on both sides of the aisle to say, you know, we've spent, you know, 230-plus years building up this economy, you know, settling this great country, doing everything we're so proud of as Americans. We're smart enough to figure this out, but it requires compromise on both sides, you know? Nobody in a democracy -- it's part of the DNA of a democracy -- has all the answers, and so let's just keep at it. Do we have to do something about entitlements? Yes. Do we have to figure out what we want to be as a nation and then pay for it? Yes. Do we have to restrain spending so that we don't bankrupt ourselves and undermine our position at home and abroad? Yes.
* "WikiLeaks Emails: Hillary Clinton Team Courted Elizabeth Warren as Early as Spring of 2014 — With Inside Help" (2016-10-12, wallstreetonparade.com) [archive.is/gQGJF]
* " 'What planet is she on?': Clinton adviser mocks Hillary in latest #PodestaEmails" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/uckMB]
* "Need more ‘compassion’: How 11-strong Clinton team composed just 1 tweet" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/osnKK]
* "Obama’s Trump-supporting half-brother to attend #Debate2016 as guest of The Donald" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/D2WpT]
* "41 percent of US voters think ballot fraud could steal election from Trump – poll" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/DxaD8]
* "Firebombed GOP office in N. Carolina goes back to work, Utah Republicans receive threats" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/te2kP]
* "Could White House winner be decided by Britain-based US voters?" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/DzX4O]
USA FASCISM: State Media Watch
Documenting propaganda issued by the monopolist media and members of the state security regime that uphold the economic dictatorship, imperialist wars, and the "New Jim Crow" regime [mediamatters.org]
* "#PodestaEmails: Politico journalist seeks OK from Clinton before running story" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/6YkG7]
* (2016-10-16, twitter.com/wikileaks) [archive.is/xCWBJ]: CNN falsely states that it unlawful for the public--but not for CNN--to search WikiLeaks
* (2016-10-18, twitter.com/wikileaks) [archive.is/U7lTS]: A front has released through US Democratic media an elaborate story accusing Julian Assange of paedophillia & taking US$1million from Russia
* "Stein/Baraka campaign debunks John Oliver’s deceptive attack on student debt bailout" (2016-10-18, jill2016.com) [archive.is/pYJV3]: The Jill Stein for President campaign released the following statement after an episode of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver in which he singled out Dr. Stein’s proposal to cancel student debt for criticism:
We were pleasantly surprised when John Oliver’s research team reached out to us regarding several statements that have been frequently taken out of context to ask if we felt they were missing any context, which we promptly provided. It was beyond disappointing to see that our responses were completely ignored. The same tired, misleading attack lines were trotted out, and Oliver chose to misrepresent our campaign on the lone substantive issue that he addressed: our plan to cancel student debt.
When Oliver’s fact-checkers asked if canceling student debt via quantitative easing was the campaign’s current position, we replied that we are considering a range of options in consultation with our economic advisors. Regardless, Oliver singled out canceling student debt via the Federal Reserve, implying both that this was our only option and that it would be technically impossible. In reality, experts say that it is technically possible, even if politically difficult, for the Fed to play a role in student debt forgiveness. And Oliver simply ignored the fact that we had other proposals to cancel student debt on the table. Coming from someone who made a stunt of buying and canceling medical debt on his show, and who claims to want alternatives to the failed two-party system, this disingenuous attack on the idea of cancelling student debt is both puzzling and hypocritical.
Canceling $1.3 trillion in predatory student debt is a top priority for the Stein/Baraka campaign. If we could bail out the crooks on Wall Street, we can bail out their victims - the students who are struggling with an insecure, part-time, low-wage economy. The US government has consistently bailed out big banks and financial industry elites, often when they’ve engaged in abusive and illegal activity with disastrous consequences for regular people. Our society has the resources to provide world-class free higher education to all, and whether we find the resources by canceling the F-35 fighter jet program, reinstating Wall Street transaction taxes, or some other way, all that’s missing to free 43 million Americans from crushing debt is the political will.
In Iceland, the bankers who destroyed their economy are in jail. In the USA, they are laughing at us from country clubs and yachts. Why the difference? Because in Iceland an alternative political party was swept into power, and cleaned house in much the way Stein/Baraka and the Green Party would do. But in the USA the two-party system continues politics as usual, where the leadership of both corrupt corporate political parties collude and conspire against ordinary people on behalf of the economic elite. And that will continue until we the people reject the lesser evil argument and fight for the greater good. That’s why we say -- don't waste your vote on this failed two-party system, invest your vote in building a movement for deep systemic change.
* "John Oliver says Jill Stein doesn’t understand her own student debt plan; But experts say the challenges facing her plan aren’t what Oliver thinks" (2016-08-17, marketwatch.com) [archive.is/f2chp]
* "The Internet’s Best Rebuttals to John Oliver’s Attack On Jill Stein" (2016-10-18, thepoint.news) [archive.is/yj11B]
* "Trump’s presidential run & 6 other eerily accurate Simpsons predictions" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/LeGJh] [begin excerpt]:
Syrian opposition flag
In 2001, Bart, Milhouse, Nelson, and Ralph form a boy band named the Party Posse, make a hit song called Drop da Bomb, and in their music video, they drop a bomb on what appears to be an unknown Arab country.
Eerily, the Syrian opposition flag is prominently displayed in the sequence.
The question now being asked is why a flag – adopted by post-independence Syria in the 1930s and used up until the '60s – was depicted given the reality in Syria now. It is also noteworthy that there was no functioning Syrian opposition when the episode aired. [end excerpt]
* "Egyptian TV claims The Simpsons predicted the Syrian civil war; They say a 2001 episode of the long-running cartoon hints that the Syrian conflict was 'premeditated' " (2014-05-07, dailyedge.ie) [archive.is/bx4AV], screenshot [archive.is/KR5aS].
* Screenshots from The Simpsons episode segment "Party Posse: Drop the Bomb (YVAN EHT NIOJ)" (2001):
- YVAN EHT NIOJ (Join the Navy) [archive.is/EUQa4]
- Nelson drops "Da Bomb" [archive.is/TXjcL], showing a stylized reflection in his sunglasses in the manner of the Waffen SS
- Militants with a jeep [archive.is/4yaAq], on which is the "FSA Flag", close-up [archive.is/vd90t]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH
Documenting the global economic dictatorship
* "Sweden loves Soros. Leaked document shows 65% of Swedish politicians are “loyal allies” of George Soros; Leaked documents reveal that Swedish politicians have been found to be the most loyal allies George Soros and the Open Society Foundation" (2016-10-15, theduran.com) [archive.is/9v4g8]
* "Red alert: Prepare for severe stock market crash, warns HSBC" (2016-10-13, rt.com) [archive.is/ePqZe]
* "Deutsche Bank reportedly to slash US business" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/WX3Vw]
* "Euro ‘house of cards’ will collapse, monetary union architect warns" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/aNCFN]
* "EU doubts trade deal with US will happen this year" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/9LZCG]
* "Britain plays key role in ‘allowing corrupt money to flow globally’ " (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/RpwO5]
* "Sterling plunges to its lowest level in 168 years" (2016-10-13, rt.com) [archive.is/dt2Ub]
* "4 in 10 Britons living in ‘squalid, below-standard homes,’ claims housing charity" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/08HYi]
* "Desperate women are selling 'survival sex' for just £10 to buy food and clothes; The problem is made worse by women being exposed to sexual abuse as they grew up, and addiction to drink or drugs" (2016-10-17, mirror.co.uk) [archive.is/EJwwX]
* "Homeless people told to sleep rough so they qualify for help, charity says" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/wi6s3]
* "Purrfect crime? Cat registers & votes in French primaries, but no one notices" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/F9Rtr] [begin excerpt]: French journalist Raphaëlle Besse Desmoulières wrote a step-by-step guide on how she registered a feline under the name Gaston Lecat (see what she did there?) to vote for a candidate from the Green Party. [...]
So how was it even possible to register a cat to vote? The option of voting via post required answering some basic questions online without any verification of identity. A voting bulletin later arrived by post that Desmoulières marked as ‘blank vote’ and sent back. [...]
In her article, Desmoulières poses an important question regarding the election system in France:
“Could these fictitious registrations alter a tight outcome?” she asks after telling her story. [end excerpt]
* "New homeless center in luxury Paris district hit by apparent arson attack" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/CNeHN]
* "Solidarity rally for the arrested in the intervention against auctions" (2016-10-18, Black & Red APO), machine translated [archive.is/u2Ffr]
* "Housing is a social good and not a commodity" (2016-10-18, anarchist-federation.gr) machine translated [archive.is/GvWm4] [begin excerpt]: Inside the lunar landscape of Greek reality, as formulated in the period of capitalist crisis, the right-left governments and the European Union, the social wealth bleeding campaign puts another purpose: housing. - After the frontal attack the state and capital to work, agriculture, insurance, social liberties, the environment and social goods, raise their targeted one of the few remaining materials supports the working class and oppressed. ---- The antiasfalistiko bill passed by parliament, is another face of the new war which has declared the local and international capital to employees, self-employed, farmers, pensioners and by extension to all people who support with their incomes ( children, relatives with chronic diseases, etc.). After the new criminal bill in social security, is more evident than ever that an all-out counterattack class, in the fields of housing, insurance, health, leading to a concerted proletarian refusal of payment is necessary. [end excerpt]
* "Why Mercedes plans to let its self-driving cars kill pedestrians in dicey situations" (2016-10-12, businessinsider.nl) [archive.is/yXnWF]. Because property is worth more than human life.
* "KINK VERSUS VANILLA: On sexual culture, lifestyle, identity politics in the First World" (2016-10-15, facebook.com/LLCOMMUNISM) [archive.is/KRRWh] [begin excerpt]: What is wrong with the sexual culture of the First World, including raunch, is that is made possible by the exploitation of the Third World. First World people get access to more life options because those same options (and many others) are restricted for Third World people. It takes a lot of value to democratize hedonistic excess for both First World men and women. Think of all the value that goes into, for example, driving the kink movement, the products, the talks, the movies, etc. That value could be going toward ending starvation in the Third World rather than making sure every First World man has his Viagra and every First World woman has 10 vibrators. Despite what people think, the main trend in imperial culture is toward liberalism today. The one-dimensional, salute-the-flag and praise-mom-dad-God, imperial culture is mostly a thing of the past. Imperialism today creates hundreds of niches, lifestyles, personality types, etc. Imperialism generally even tolerates so-called counter-cultures. An American youth today can move in and out of literally dozens of subcultures, taking and leaving identities as she goes about her merry way. Marx wrote that capitalism profaned everything holy, that even religion was no longer religious as it once was. How many religions does your average, hip American go through today before he is 35? There is a proliferation of ways to live in the First World. You can be an anarchist, Taoist, Islamic neo-folk punk, graver, vegan, kinky furry today. Tomorrow, cool James Dean who claims to be a Maoist. It is like fashion. A lot of value is consumed by these largely unproductive subcultures. Propping up this expansion of ways of living for First World peoples is the exploitation of the Third World. First World people may still be cogs in the machine, but it is a machine with a lot of disco lights. [end excerpt]
* "7 beheaded’ as Brazilian gangs riot in prison, killing 25" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/u3oKX]
* "Taking up space: Citizens wanted for first ‘space nation’ Asgardia" (2016-10-13, rt.com) [archive.is/1e4m7]
* "Plans for first space nation ‘Asgardia’ revealed, citizenship applications opened" (2016-10-12, rt.com) [archive.is/wlNUy]
WORLD FASCISM WATCH: #OPDeathEaters
A study of the personal ideologies and social practices of those who benefit from the global capitalist regime. [WorldFascists.blogspot.com]
* "Banker faces jail for groping woman & force-feeding her wasabi" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/3Dtoz]
* "May to face MPs: Did PM help cover up sex abuse inquiry chief’s ‘incompetence’?" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/agyZV]
* "Bill Clinton’s 26 Trips to ‘Sex Island’ and Hillary’s Shaming of His Victims Should Disqualify Her" (2016-1-08, truthfeed.com) [archive.is/S9QCm] [begin excerpt]: Lolita is a Boeing 727, outfitted as a salacious “Mile High Club” complete with sexy underage girls, booze, and a bed that’s reportedly used for “group sex with young girls.” Some of his girls are as young as 15-years-old. His harem consists of models, wannabe actresses, and attractive young girls lured by the sparkle of a billionaire lifestyle.
You’re wondering how Epstein gets away with all of this, right? Well, to avoid instantaneous arrest, Epstein refers to his prostitutes as “masseuses.” A trick he learned from those legit Asian “massage” joints you see in strip malls next to Panda Express.
Flight logs show that between 2001 and 2003 Bill Clinton was a passenger 26 times, traveling on extended junkets around the world with Epstein and fellow passengers identified on manifests by their initials or first names, including “Tatiana.”
Among those regularly traveling with Clinton were Epstein’s associates, or “partners in crime.” Ghislaine Maxwell, a New York socialite and Sarah Kellen, Epstein’s assistant, were both investigated by the FBI and Palm Beach Police for recruiting girls for sex aboard Epstein’s flying whore-house.
According to official court documents, police investigators found a “clear indication that Epstein’s staff was frequently working to schedule multiple young girls between the ages of 12 and 16 years old to give “massages” literally every day, often two or three times per day.”
One victim, in sworn deposition testimony, said Epstein began sexually assaulting her when she was 13 years old and molested her on more than 50 occasions over the next three years.
Stop reading for a moment and think about this – the husband of the woman running for president was BFF’s with a guy who molested 13-years-olds. Ok, carry on. No doubt Hillary knows about Bill’s escapades, but she chooses to shame and bully the victims rather than sympathize with them. [end excerpt]
* " ‘TRAMPS’ — Joy Behar Explodes On Bill Clinton’s Accusers" (2016-10-10, dailycaller.com) [archive.is/h4v1n] [begin excerpt]: Joy Behar said that the women who have accused Bill Clinton of a broad range of sexual misconducts are “tramps” during Monday’s broadcast of “The View.” [end excerpt]
information collected by the
BAY AREA PEACE COUNCIL
[SolanoPeaceJustice.blogspot.com], for justice, dignity and human rights in accordance with the 1966 International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (.pdf) [is.gd/TftqGs], and an end to the USA's endless wars, in harmony with Principle 1 & 6 of International Law [archive.is/tmncz], the 5 protocols of the Convention on Conventional Weapons (CCW) [archive.is/LhUTj], and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights [archive.is/U1Ota].
* "Call To Action: Challenge Calls For Military Action Against Russia In Syria With #NoWarWithRussia ; As the U.S. government and war profiteers amplify their calls for a proxy war with Russia in Syria, and as the establishment media beats the same drums of war, we must not forget that we have a voice that rings just as loud in support of peace" (2016-10-15, mintpressnews.com) [archive.is/7Kb9D]
Join the social media campaign: #NoWarWithRussia #PeaceWithRussia
* "New sanctions against Russia won’t help Syrian population – German FM" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/ujsOC]
* Humor: "Rebels have lack of women" [archive.is/vRanG], showing a group of "Pro-War protesters" in Syria.
* (2016-10-18, twitter.com/mobbiemobes) [archive.is/jhX1p]: Peace for Yemen. Standing with the people of Yemen out here by White House.
* "Despite slaughter at Yemen funeral, Middle East minister still justifies UK-Saudi arms sales" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/WCPSy]
* (2016-10-16, Vic Sadot):
Notice: Kevin Barrett Speaks in Berkeley 3 pm, Oct 25th -
There are attacks on free speech like never before that need to be seen in some big picture context.
We hope that Kevin Barrett will deliver that perspective in his presentation on "Recent False Flags" in the Community Room at Redwood Gardens on Tuesday, Oct 25, 2016 at 3 pm at 2951 Derby Street, Berkeley, CA.
The event is free.
It is sponsored by Redwood Gardens residents Vic Sadot and Cynthia Jean Johnson, and NoLiesRadio.org's Allan Rees, who will livestream the event, so if you can't come, you can watch it live or in the archive later.
The BFUU Board has intervened to ban Kevin Barrett from speaking in Fellowship Hall. This is odd, as he is the world's leading Muslim intellectual critic of the war on terror; Co-Host of False Flag Weekly News every Friday morning at 8 am on NoLiesRadio.org, and he spoke in Fellowship Hall on July 25, 2015 without any fuss or demonization.You can see from this video that he presents the views of each author in each of his books. In effect, all the authors in the book are being banned from being presented by the BFUU Board. Watch here!
- "We Are NOT Charlie Hebdo, the French 9/11, a False Flag?" (2:13:23) Kevin Barrett, PhD Speaking at a No Lies Radio Live-Stream in Fellowship Hall in Berkeley, CA July 25, 2015. [noliesradio.org/charlie].
Apparently, the Board is taking this action after Holly Harwood posted attacks on Dr. Barrett him a "Jew hater" and "homophobe" notwithstanding that he edited the book of diverse writers titled "Orlando False Flag: The Clash of Histories". The book has an article by Jewish anti-Apartheid activist Miko Peled, author of "The Generals Son", contributing a chapter and David Lindorff, who spoke in Fellowship Hall when he published his book titled "Killing Time: An Investigation into the Death Row Case of Mumia Abu-Jamal". There is a game of guilt-by-association that the BFUU Board is now participating in to discredit people that get put on Holly Harwood's list as Jew haters, even if they are Jewish! Kevin's last book, "We Are NOT Charlie Hebdo" had an article by Berkeley's Rabbi Michael Lerner which resulted in some threats to him. He spoke at the recent funeral of Mohammed Ali and proclaimed "We will not tolerate the demonization of our Muslim neighbors!"
Looks like Muslim intellectual Kevin Barrett is getting demonized without much "discernment" or discussion on the part of the new BFUU Board. The fake "Liberal" led Zionist Anti-Free Speech group in Berkeley is out to stop certain speech from being heard if it is critical of the Israeli Apartheid occupation of Palestine and of the billions of US tax dollars going to the Israeli military to suppress the Palestinians and the Israeli Peace and Justice movement as well. Few seem to see the glaring hypocrisy of not allowing Israeli violence on Palestinians to be called "Anti-Semitic" when it is far worse than words and visits terrible violence on the other Semitic peoples in the Middle East.
Kevin Barrett lost his job teaching at the University of Wisconsin due to an orchestrated campaign by Republican politicians and liberals like Noam Chomsky's Nov 2001 book "9/11" ridiculing truth seekers as "conspiracy theorists" if they dared to seriously question and research the evidence of 9/11. The 9/11 false flag operation became the justification for so many wars abroad and for repressive laws that have caused great losses of rights in the USA, the militarization and federalization of the local police, the expansion of the surveillance state to unprecedented and Anti-Constitutional levels. Even Chelsea Manning issued a warning to not let the Orlando attacks be used to suppress anyone's civil rights.
There is no telling what the effect of the latest wave of repression of speech will lead.
Meanwhile, Kevin's co-host on False Flag Weekly News is being victimized for someone else posting a hateful comment about Jews on his Facebook page that runs counter to everything written by the historian of Native American history and of corporate globalization. Professor Anthony Hall is now a "supended tenured professor without pay". See the Steve Zeltzer Labor Video interview on that below.
- "Facebook, The Police, ADL, Tenure & The Frame-up Of Canadian Professor Anthony Hall" (21:13) laborvideo YouTube Channel [http://youtu.be/pwAGBlihq4U]. Interview by Steve Zeltzer of Labor Video & Host of Work Week Radio on Tuesdays at 3:30 pm on KPFA PACIFICA RADIO 91.4 FM in Berkeley. Published on Oct 14, 2016: Canadian Professor Anthony Hall who is a tenured professor at the University of Lethbridge was suspended without a hearing and without pay after a frame-up took place on his Facebook page. Hall who is a critic of Israel had an anti-semitic graphic put on his Facebook page and taken off by Facebook owned by Mark Zuckerberg. Zuckerberg had previously met personally with Israeli prime minister Netanyahu and signed a agreement to use Facebook to censure and target critics of Israel. This interview was done on October 13, 2016.
- BERKELEY CALLING BLOG 10-10-16 [http://berkeleycalling.wordpress.com/2016/10/10/john-lennon-birthday-speakout-against-facebook-censorship-livestream-video]. John Lennon Birthday Speakout Against Facebook Censorship Livestream Video from San Francisco on ILM, the International Labor Media YouTube Channel. Amidst the general call for the creation of a Commons Free Speech Public Space on the Internet, there were those who stepped forth to voice more specific charges of censorship at the John Lennon’s Birthday Speak Out Against Facebook Censorship on Sunday, Oct 9, 2016 outside a Zuckerberg mansion in San Francisco, CA.
- "Imagine A Day Without Censorship" Speakout At Facebook Zuckerberg's SF Mansion (41:16) Labor Video YouTube Channel [http://youtu.be/ba2blUykKAI]. Published Note on Oct 11, 2016: On John Lennon's birthday October 9, 2016, a rally sponsored by LaborNet.org was held outside the San Francisco mansion of billionaire Mark Zuckerberg the owner of Facebook to protest the censorship and privatization of the internet. Participants discussed Zuckerberg's agreement with the apartheid Israeli government and Netanyahu to censor the internet with critical content of the Israeli government. Facebook is also censoring live streaming from Standing Rock Native American pipeline protesters and Kurdish activists.
- "Academic freedom? Thought police come for Prof. Anthony Hall, suspended under Zionist lobby pressure" (28:44) Published on Oct 14, 2016 by Peter Borenius http://youtu.be/C9Bt5p5EqR8
Prof. Tony Hall suspended without pay at University of Lethbridge (10/5/16) (5:45) Jeremy Rothe-Kushel [http://youtu.be/Z4JKdO1zW24]
BAY AREA PEACE COUNCIL: World Context & Events
* "China positive on BRICS despite global uncertainty" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/I6JH9], photo caption: (L-R) Brazil's President Michel Temer, Chinese President Xi Jinping, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Russian President Vladimir Putin and South African President Jacob Zuma of BRICS Summit in Benaulim, in the western state of Goa, India, October 15, 2016.
* "Russia-India oil deal challenges Saudi supremacy in Asia" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/Kqmj6]
* " ‘Used by the army’: British recruitment of child soldiers condemned by doctors & veterans" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/2offs]
BAY AREA PEACE COUNCIL: New Cold War News
* "President Obama Threatens President Putin with Nuclear War" (2016-10-15, by Eric Zuesse) [archive.is/SQytq] [begin excerpt]: “It’ll be at a time of our choosing,” says U.S. Vice President Joe Biden, on NBC’’s “Meet the Press,” to be aired on Sunday, October 16th.
Interviewer Chuck Todd had asked him, “Why would he [Obama] send a message out to Putin?” Biden pursed his lips, paused, and said, with a grim look on his face, “We sent him the message.” Of course that didn’t answer Todd’s question, which was “Why?” Biden and Todd both remained silent for another tense moment. Then, Biden picked up again: “We have the capacity to do it, and, uh,” and Todd interrupted him there with “He’ll know it?” Biden replied: “He’ll know it, and it’ll be at a time of our choosing, and under circumstances that have the greatest impact. Uh, the capacity to do, to fundamentally alter the election, is not what people think; and, uh, I tell you what: to the extent that they do [‘do’ presumably meaning: fundamentally alter the election], we will be proportionate in what we do. And, uh,” Todd again interrupted his interviewee, and said, “So, a message is going to be sent. Will the public know?” Biden replied, “Hope not.”
Of course, that “Hope not” could mean many things. It might mean: A blitz nuclear attack in line with our government’s belief that we now enjoy Nuclear Primacy (.pdf) [is.gd/hmIfsP] (an idea that was first published by the Council on Foreign Relations in 2006 [archive.is/r2srF], and which has never yet been renounced by the U.S. government, during the decade since). That would be very much a public response, which Biden would “hope not” to be ’necessary’. In other words: Biden might have meant, there: “I hope it won’t have to be that.” But, clearly, Biden isn’t wanting the public to understand anything, other than that President Obama has threatened President Putin, with something, and that it will be “proportionate,” and the excuse for it will be — if it will happen — that Putin had done something which Obama thinks caused Hillary Clinton to lose the election to Donald Trump. [end excerpt]
* Illustration: "Queen of Wall Street Hillary" [archive.is/2jh0a]
* " ‘Arrogant’ Washington foreign policy thwarts common goals between US, Russia - Trump adviser" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/qxNFA]
* "Russia & US will engage in ‘global war’, unless ‘proxy’ Syria conflict resolved – Turkey’s deputy PM" (2016-10-12, rt.com) [archive.is/3XB0j]
* "US implements 'scorched earth' policy towards Russia – FM spox" (2016-10-13, rt.com) [archive.is/djNDs]
* "Russia to respond to any new US sanctions with ‘painful’ measures – deputy FM" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/iOTMS]
* "Overreaction? Russia’s air carrier group tour to Med provokes military, media hysteria in Europe" (2016-10-20, rt.com) [archive.is/iEEv9]
* "Putin & European leaders in Berlin to talk E. Ukraine, Syria" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/dBAJp]
* "Tough talks: Putin vows to extend Aleppo ceasefire as Merkel, Hollande accuse Russia of ‘war crimes’ " (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/GiYc9]
New Cold War News - Frontline: Federation of Russia
* "Most Russians reject US criticism of air force’s anti-terrorist operation in Syria – poll" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/wy16J]
* "Russian military launches own ‘closed internet’ for classified data exchange – report" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/5l9rK]
* "Russia tests ‘unrivaled’ new radio-electronic weapon – producer" (2016-10-13, rt.com) [archive.is/oi12C] [begin excerpt]:
The new technology falls under the somewhat loose term "weapons based on new physical principles." The grouping includes armaments that employ physical processes and phenomena not generally used in modern weapons. Laser and sonic weapons are among other examples of such technology.
According to the OPK representative, the brand-new Russian system is as yet unrivaled.
“This is a completely new type of weapon, which has no analogues in our country, and I daresay, in the world."
The announcement came during the ‘Arms High-tech’ military exhibition currently taking place in Armenia. The state-of-the-art system is capable of disabling various types of targets without using the traditional rounds or shells. Instead, the weapon uses ‘directed energy.’
"It conducts indirect physical impact on the on-board equipment of aircraft or drones and neutralizes precision-guided weapons," RIA quotes the OPK representative as saying [archive.is/3pIVt].
The weapon was for the first time presented to Russian military officials in September this year during a closed performance at the annual military expo ‘Army 2016’ outside Moscow.
In February, US Air Force General Philip Breedlove warned of the rising electronic warfare capabilities in Russia, the National Interest reported [archive.is/cOYeU].
“They [Russia] have invested a lot in electronic warfare because they know we are a connected and precise force and they need to disconnect us to make us imprecise,” Breedlove said. [end excerpt]
* "First-ever Russia-Egypt paratrooper drills in Africa underway" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/nuP2q]
* "Ukraine's gas monopoly to demand $2.6bn from Russia for Crimean assets" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/pUEBg]
* " ‘Senseless carnival’: Lawmaker blasts PACE over latest anti-Russian resolution" (2016-10-13, rt.com) [archive.is/mgxRI]
* "Labour splits laid bare after Corbyn spokesman compares US and Russia’s actions in war" (2016-10-13, rt.com) [archive.is/ldSQ1]
* "UK bank to close RT accounts, 'long live freedom of speech!' – editor-in-chief" (2016-101-17, rt.com) [archive.is/ZK9oE]
* "Cancellation of RT UK’s bank account ‘crude British state propaganda’ – Galloway" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/a3NXS], video [is.gd/ayEj73]
* "Support floods in for RT following NatWest accounts closure notice" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/GE9Gd]
* "#BankXit: Long-term NatWest client closes account in retaliation for action against RT" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/5QuUp]
* "Oliver Stone on RT bank account closure: ‘It’s a media war and UK sees you as a threat’ " (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/9Jcb0]
* "Backtracking from ‘no discussion’? UK bank says it will review closure of RT accounts" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/Bq4jz]
* " ‘Strong RT response to attempted account closure will help save UK free speech’ – union leader" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/hoWN3]
* " ‘If we put up with this, what’s next?’ – author of petition against closure of RT’s UK bank accounts" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/QCe3t]
* "Bank didn’t decide to close RT accounts in Britain on its own – Lavrov" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/sixf4]
* "UK media tries to spin NatWest’s closure of RT’s British accounts, but facts remain the same" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/1sOx5]
* "Alex Salmond on RT UK banking woes: ‘It’s what tin-pot dictatorships would do’ " (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/G2Ncc]
Meanwhile, elsewhere in the European Union...
* " ‘Stealing our freedom’: Thousands rally in Budapest after top political newspaper shut down" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/C8EVw] [begin excerpt]: Thousands of people have rallied for freedom of speech in the Hungarian capital, Budapest. They were voicing their outrage at the sudden suspension of leading leftist newspaper Nepszabadsag (People's Freedom).
Some 2,000-3,000 people participated in the rally on Sunday, according to AFP. However, the Budapest Beacon, an online left-wing news source put the figure at 10,000-15,000 people. [...]
The paper has been critical of Viktor Orban’s government. On October 8, it was suspended by its owner Mediaworks, owned by Austrian magnate Heinrich Pecina, who cited huge losses and an attempt to find “the best business model for the paper.” [...]
Nepszabadsag journalist Miklos Hargitai said Orban's government “doesn't tolerate any control or criticism, not even questions,” adding that Orban hadn't given an interview to the paper in 10 years.
Fidesz press department released a statement, saying that “contrary to the opposition's claims, the closure of Nepszabadsag was a market, financial and competence issue.”
“The future of Nepszabadsag was stolen by the current and past Socialist Party leadership, who were incompetent not only to govern the country but also to take care of their party's newspaper,” the statement added, as cited by AP. [end excerpt]
USA State Dept. and Defense Dept. publicly accuse the Federation of Russia security agencies of attempting to influence the Homeland General Election through illegal "hacking"... except there is no evidence such an accusation is true.
* "Files from Clinton confidant found on Romanian server, FBI docs show" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/yK4sE]
* "Exxon has lost over $1 billion from Russian sanctions" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/L0n8I]
* "Russia opens culture center in Paris following Putin visit snub" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/bS47a]
* meme (2016-10-18, by Gunnar Angeles) [archive.is/CO68b]:
Also, even though there is no longer any USSR, children living in former Soviet republics can still attend Komsomol Pioneer organizations sponsored by various Communist parties.
Homosexuality was officially illegal throughout most of Soviet history, but that came to an end in the '90s following the dissolution of the USSR, which has a history of legal interpretations of Homosexuality [archive.is/hfLUI]. Many people were never exposed to such behaviors and when bourgeois liberal came to power under Yeltsin, they began promoting it with support from the US and other NATO nations. Unfortunately, many people generalize and make associations that those behaviors aren't normal and were imported into Russia by foreigners to undermine their traditional way of life. Religious institutions have also played a bigger role in people's lives since the dissolution of the USSR. This sort of stigma isn't one that's going to go away over night and it's unrealistic to expect Russia and most of Eastern Europe and Central Asia in general to complete adopt the exact same attitudes toward sexuality that have only very recently been accepted in developed liberal Western nations.
[comment]: Since the collapse of the USSR, there has been "Ten Russian regions passed laws banning the distribution of 'propaganda' relating to homosexuality, and/or other LGBT relationships to minors. Ban on the promotion of homosexuality, bisexuality and transgenderism."
[response]: That specific law you cited also refers specifically to minors. Many parents don't feel comfortable having their children exposed to those kind of behaviors when theyre still young and impressionable. That is why adults who expose this to the youth are punished, but obviously not the children. If the children grow up and discover they're this or that gender or this or that sexual orientation, then they are free to engage in such behavior with consenting adults because it is legal. It has more to do with parents not wanting to predispose their children to behaviors they personally deem abnormal. Similar laws exists all over the world, including many Western nations.
Either way, it's obviously more complication then, "Putin killing gay youth".
US/EU/NATO imperialism just heavily focused on those particular laws and blew them out of proportion to demonize the Russian Federation leading up to the Sochi Winter Olympics in 2014 which also coincided with their regime change in Kiev, Ukraine.
* "When children grow up with Socialist values... They are less likely to be exploited by Capitalism" meme (2016-10-18, by Gunnar Angeles) [archive.is/fO1WJ]: I once saw a reactionary right-wing video on YouTube that claimed former church girl Miley twerking on stage is a product of... "Cultural Marxism".
New Cold War News - Frontline: Union of People's Republics of Novorossia
* "Who killed Motorola, and why? I'll tell you" (2016-10-18, facebook.com/russell.b.bentley) [archive.is/cQCPu]
New Cold War News - Frontline: Republic of The Philippines
* "The Philippines' Duterte Next Up For Regime Change; If the Philippine president realigns with Russia and China, expect the chant to begin: 'Duterte must go' " (2016-10-14, by Dr. Paul Craig Roberts) [archive.is/trlOQ]
* " ‘Only China can help Philippines’: Duterte turns to Beijing as rift with US widens" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/JFl0n]
* "Beijing may grant Philippines rich South China Sea territory in unprecedented turnaround – sources" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/Ih8iB]
* "Police truck runs over demonstrators protesting US troops in Philippines" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/KancM], video [is.gd/7eQP1L]:
A rally protesting the presence of American troops in the Philippines has turned violent outside the US embassy in Manila, with police using tear gas against demonstrators. Several people were run over by a police van.
AP footage shows the van repeatedly ramming into protesters as it drove back and forth among the crowd. It occurred after demonstrators surrounded the vehicle and began hitting it with wooden batons seized from police.
At least three student activists were taken to hospital after being run over, protest leader Renato Reyes told AP.
Police arrested 23 protesters who broke into a line of riot police and hurled red paint at officers and a US government employee.
Responding to the violent dispersal of protesters, Reyes said "there was absolutely no justification for it."
"Even as the president vowed an independent foreign policy, Philippine police forces still act as running dogs of the US," he added.
An image posted on social media showed protesters gathered outside the embassy, with reports saying they tried to seize the building, photo [archive.is/FCvJm].
The demonstrators are reportedly national minorities, who are pushing for an independent foreign policy for the Philippines.
One image showed the protesters holding a sign which said “No to US bases & troops.”
Protests against the presence of US troops have been ongoing.
Six people were arrested in a similar protest outside the embassy last month. In June, students in Manila gathered to protest the EDCA by burning the American flag.
Despite senators voting to reject a new bases agreement in 1991, US troops have returned to the country through the 1999 Visiting Forces Agreement, and have been allowed to increase their presence and use local military facilities through the Enhanced Defense Cooperation Agreement (EDCA).
The call for an independent foreign policy align with the plans of President Rodrigo Duterte, who has recently targeted the US with harsh words, over Washington's criticism of his controversial “war on drugs.”
New Cold War News - Frontline: Democratic People's Republic of Korea
* "US threatens 'overwhelming' response if South Korea attacked" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/Rxsd7]
* "N. Korea threatens US with preemptive nuke strike, promises more tests – N. Korean official" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/eAPnl]
* "Pyongyang from above: ISS camera glimpses inside North Korea" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/bePxM]
New Cold War News - Frontline: People's Republic of China
* "China’s economic growth holds steady at 6.7%" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/PpvcZ]
* "China has more billionaires than US" (2016-10-13, rt.com) [archive.is/63Pzi]
* "Dalian Wanda wants to move Hollywood to China" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/bkZtI] [begin excerpt]: Wanda Chairman Wang Jianlin, who is the richest person in China with a net worth of $30 billion, has revealed his strategy. The company will offer Hollywood producers incentives worth $750 million in the next five years to move to Qingdao, China to shoot at a $5 billion studio that will fully open in 2018.
Wang said his plan is an "opportunity for Hollywood, not competition." The Chinese tycoon added that within 10 years his country may have three times as many movie theaters as in the US, and the right way to get access to such a market is "through cooperation with Chinese film companies." [end excerpt]
The "Trillion Dollar Plum" of Hong Kong -
Once a part of a world capitalist dictatorship under the British Empire and Commonwealth, anti-socialists are being funded to campaign for the re-installment of a capitalist dictatorship and for secession and reincorporation into the World Market regime.
* "'Never imprison my mind': Hong Kong lawmakers quote Gandhi, insult China" (2016-10-12, edition.cnn.com) [archive.is/MHZPv] [begin excerpt]: "I do solemnly swear that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the Hong Kong nation," pro-independence lawmaker Yau Wai-ching, 25, said after laying out a flag bearing the words "Hong Kong is not China." [...]
Yau's oath was rejected by Chen, and she will have to retake it at a later date if she wants to take up her seat.
Also rejected was her Youngspiration party colleague Sixtus Leung, who displayed the same flag, and independent lawmaker Edward Yiu, who added a promise, to "fight for genuine universal suffrage", to his oath.
A spokesman for Youngspiration said the refusal to accept its lawmakers' oaths was "illegal" and dismissed claims they had deliberately mispronounced any of the words.
He added that the flag displayed was a "fashion statement," and that "saying 'Hong Kong is not China' is a logical statement, Hong Kong the city and China the country are different entities." [...]
Law, the last lawmaker to be sworn in, then refused to leave the podium, demanding that Chen explain his reasons for refusing to accept the oaths of Leung, Yiu and Yau. He was joined by several other pro-democracy lawmakers as the session ended in chaos. [end excerpt]
* "I’m no China cheerleader, but Hong Kong lawmakers’ use of a racial slur was offensive and unnecessary" (2016-10-13, qz.com) [archive.is/vIGz3] [begin excerpt]: Hong Kong’s pro-democracy lawmakers have long used the swearing-in ceremony, held every four years, to defy Beijing’s creeping control over the semi-autonomous city. In the past, for instance, they’ve added new phrases to the oath, or chanted anti-Beijing slogans before or after approaching the podium, or carried banners with words (like “universal suffrage”) sure to irritate the mainland’s Chinese Communist Party. It’s become something of a tradition. [...]
Among them was Yau Wai-ching, a 25-year-old from the newly formed Youngspiration party. After her first oath was rejected by the Legco secretary, Yau quickly made a second attempt. She said:
“I Yau Wai Ching do solemnly sincerely and truly declare and affirm that, being a member of the Legislative Council of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Refucking of Shina, I will uphold the Basic Law of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Refucking of Shina, bear allegiance to the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Refucking of Shina and serve the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region conscientiously, dutifully, in full accordance with the law, honestly and with integrity.”
In this version, she changed “People’s Republic of China” into “People’s Refucking of Shina.”
By doing that, Yau not only slapped the Communist regime in the face, but also insulted people from mainland China—including me. It wasn’t because of “refucking,” which doesn’t make much sense. It was because of Shina, a slang term with strong racist overtones. [...]
The word was used neutrally in both Japanese and Chinese until Japan invaded China during the Second World War. Since then, it’s been widely considered an offensive racial slur aimed at Chinese people. In 1946, the Japanese government banned the term (link in Japanese) in any formal publications, at the request of Republic of China’s government.
Shina is as offensive to Chinese people as the n-word is to black people, according to a commentary about Yau’s oath (link in Chinese) in HK01, a digital publication calls itself “advocacy media.” The racial slur is just as offensive in Hong Kong, Macau, or Taiwan as it is in mainland China, it added, with the most recent headline-grabbing outburst being in 2014, when Hong Kongers taunted Chinese tourists and immigrants as “locusts” and Shina on the streets and online. [end excerpt]
Photo caption: Yau Wai-ching takes to the podium.
* "Japan to expand African military base to counter Chinese influence – report" (2016-10-13, rt.com) [archive.is/e6oAu]
New Cold War News - Frontline: Republic of Yemen
* "US, UK call for unconditional truce in Yemen ASAP, keep sending arms to Saudis" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/tH0FU]
* "British lawmaker supports UK bombing Yemen, then turns around and says Russia is guilty of 'war crimes' ; A British lawmaker has accused Russia of targeting civilians in Syria in the same way the Nazis behaved during the Spanish civil war" (2016-10-11, theduran.com) [archive.is/DeAy1]
* "Could UK ministers supporting Saudi-coalition in Yemen be implicated in war crimes?" (2016-10-13, rt.com) [archive.is/NQIuP]
* " 'Remember the Mason!' – US attacks Houthis in Yemen" (2016-10-13, off-guardian.org) [archive.is/IgLs9]
* " ‘Limited self-defense strikes’: US military destroys 3 ‘radar sites’ in Yemen" (2016-10-13, rt.com) [archive.is/0eaPw]
* "Iranian warships deployed off Yemen coast after US bombs Houthi targets" (2016-10-13, rt.com) [archive.is/PMN9e]
* "US destroyer ‘appears’ to have fallen under new attack off Yemen – Pentagon" (2016-10-16, rt.com) [archive.is/2Wku3]
* "USS Mason fires missiles in Red Sea after apparent attack" (2016-10-16, edition.cnn.com) [archive.is/dQXAD]
* "Yemen ceasefire set to begin Wednesday for 72hrs – UN special envoy" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/s4eFv]
New Cold War News - Frontline: Arab Republic of Syria
* "Syrian people fall victim to Western double standards, claims Russian security chief" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/384Jo]
* "Clinton Repeats Call For Syrian No-Fly Zone As Pundits Push Pro-War Propaganda; Calling for a no-fly zone ‘has become the most effective way of calling for regime change in Syria without appearing to do so,’ one mainstream media analyst noted" (2016-10-11, mintpressnews.com) [archive.is/3fAUa]
In a 2014 email from Hillary to her campaign chairman John Podesta, who was counselor to President Obama at the time, Hillary casually remarks that Qatar and Saudi Arabia are FUNDING ISIS: “the governments of Qatar and Saudi Arabia, which are providing clandestine financial and logistic support to ISIL…” Clinton wrote [is.gd/ojzgLT], claiming to be interested in bringing pressure against those governments for giving such support, yet, Saudi Arabia and Qatar are also the primary donors of THE CLINTON FOUNDATION!
* "US, Saudis to grant 9,000 ISIS fighters free passage from Iraqi Mosul to Syria – source" (2016-10-12, rt.com) [archive.is/Pusmy]
* " ‘Schizophrenic & incoherent’: US vows to fight Al-Qaeda… but refuses to battle offshoot Al-Nusra" (2016-10-13, rt.com) [archive.is/DU8gh]
* "At least 5 children dead as rebels shell govt-controlled area in Aleppo" (2016-10-13, rt.com) [archive.is/sGLcB]
* "US playing Syria terrorism card as part of perpetual struggle for global dominance – Assad" (2016-10-14, rt.com) [archive.is/KZG30]
* "Aleppo the worst humanitarian disaster since WWII? Not so fast, Mr. Kerry" (2016-10-17, by John Wight) [archive.is/G6wY8]
* "Russian & Syrian military to organize 8-hour ‘humanitarian pause’ in Aleppo on Oct. 20" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/poSPv]
* "Russia’s UK ambassador demands proof over claims of strikes on Syrian citizens made in parliament" (2016-10-17, rt.com) [archive.is/dj9za]
* "6 killed in airstrike on village in Aleppo province, Belgian F-16 jets in area – Russian MoD" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/mCfRw]
* "Russian, Syrian air forces cease airstrikes in Aleppo at 0700 GMT Tuesday – Defense Minister Shoigu" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/N5H96]
* "Rebel shelling in western Aleppo kills 3, injures 27 amid humanitarian pause" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/Vcku8]
* " ‘Will my foot grow back?’ Aleppo kids mutilated by rebel shelling tell their stories" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/tMo8K]
* "Al-Nusra must either leave Aleppo or be defeated – Russia’s UN envoy" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/FKp4y]
* " ‘Attacking terrorists in Aleppo is only way to protect civilians’ – Assad" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/Iwjw1]
* "Planned humanitarian pause in Aleppo extended by 3 hours, 8 corridors to open – Russian military" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/FX1ay]
* "US admits fighting ISIS in Mosul risks civilian lives" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/BILOc]
* "700,000 residents, incl. children of all ages, to flee Mosul during military op – UNICEF to RT" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/t7pEZ]
* " ‘Freedom!’ Refugees stage rooftop protest at detention center in Madrid" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/9Fhh9]
* "Christian refugees persecuted by Muslim asylum seekers in German shelters – survey" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/KTtmi]
* "Up to 90% of rejected asylum seekers cannot be deported from Austria – Defense minister" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/HB8jX]
BAY AREA PEACE COUNCIL: New Cold War News - NATO Watch
* "Norway may host US Marines starting January" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/eQOSw]
BAY AREA PEACE COUNCIL: New Cold War News - Space Diplomacy
* "Soyuz spacecraft with 3-man crew blasts off to Intl Space Station" (2016-10-19, rt.com) [archive.is/tVoVa]
BAY AREA PEACE COUNCIL: Weapons for a New World Order
All they need to do is twist a button to change the frequency to microwave range and increase transmission power enough to reach and heat up the atmosphere above the target.”
The technology is covered under US Patent 4,686,605 on the “Method and Apparatus for Altering a Region in the Earth’s Atmosphere, Ionosphere, and/or Magnetosphere” (.pdf) [is.gd/3FrV14]
The U.S. military’s Sea-Based X-Band Radar (SBX-1)’s active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar is mounted on a Russian-built fifth generation CS-50 twin-hulled semi-submersible drilling rig designed to function in the type of adverse conditions often encountered in ocean operations.
Read more, at the "Sea-based X-Band Radar (SBX) Sourcebook" (updated 2007-07-24) (.pdf) [is.gd/OJ0Mwe]. Photo caption: The Sea-Based X-Band Radar (SBX-1) maneuvers in the Gulf of Mexico during initial at-sea testing in July, 2005.
The SBX-1 was built for 1 purpose – weather modification which was revealed in the U.S. Air Force report titled “Weather as a Force Multiplier: Owning the Weather in 2025” (.pdf) [is.gd/59KEiv]. The SBX-1 sea-based platform complies with a directive from the chief of staff of the U.S. Air Force to build upon weather modifying concepts, capabilities, and technologies that the United States can use to remain the dominant air and space force in the future. Presented on 17 June 1996, this report was produced in the Department of Defense school environment of academic freedom and in the interest of advancing weather modifying weaponry related to national defense and geopolitical purposes [archive.is/94pyZ].
The SBX-1 is a slow moving sea-based X-Band phased array platform. The SBX-1 has a maximum speed of approximately 8 knots (9.2 mph; 15 km/h) – bicycle speed.
The SBX-1 is under protection by a private contractor, "Alutiiq International Solutions awarded its Sea-Based X-Band Radar (SBX-1) Security Force Project X-Band Radar (SBX-1) Security Force Project" (2006-09, afognak.com) (.pdf) [is.gd/AP2m0p].
A steerable US land-based X-Band Radar system (COBRA DANE phased array radar system) was already built in northern Japan by the United States military and has been operational since 2006.
The SBX-1 and the land based systems are all part of the US Missile Defense Agency’s (MDA) Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) project and performs a vital role in the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS). The SBX-1, the land based systems and the orbital X-37B are all illegal weapons of mass destruction. All are banned by under the “Environmental Modification Convention (ENMOD)” treaty – an international treaty prohibiting the military or other hostile use of environmental modification techniques having widespread, long-lasting or severe effects. It opened for signature on 18 May 1977 in Geneva and entered into force on 5 October 1978.
* "Photo gallery: Sea-Based X-Band Radar" (2007-07-21, the.honoluluadvertiser.com) [is.gd/8JVRRA], Photo caption: Paul Smith, director of SBX Surveillance Radar's Ground-Based Midcourse Defense Missile Defense Systems, stands in front of the large golf-ball shaped dome of the 280-foot-tall Sea-Based X-Band Radar at Pearl harbor. The radar is so powerful it can detect a baseball-sized object thousands of miles away. Part of the United States' developing missile defense system, it will be used to track targets and discriminate nuclear warheads from decoys.
* "HAARP electromagnetic waves can be used to stimulate geophysical events such as earthquakes, climate change, volcanic eruptions and the like" (2011-06-01, presscore.ca) [archive.is/Pr1Vq] [begin excerpt]: In a lecture on April 27, 1997 at the University of Georgia former Secretary of Defense, William Cohen spoke on weapons of mass destruction. At that lecture Cohen asserted that “electromagnetic waves can be used to stimulate geophysical events such as earthquakes, climate change, volcanic eruptions and the like”. [...]
By manipulating the jet stream (pushing or pulling it off course) HAARP can modify the weather. HAARP can alter the path an existing high pressure weather system (clear skies) or low pressure weather system (storm clouds) anywhere on Earth just by heating the ionsphere over the target region.
HAARP can also create a column-shaped hole with a diameter of 30 miles that rises a couple of hundred kilometers through the atmosphere. The lower atmosphere then moves up the column to fill in that space, and it changes pressure systems below. The result of hot surface air being sucked up into the column to fill the HAARP created column-shaped hole is a HAARP created hurricane (if HAARP column-shaped hole is made over water) or tornado (if HAARP column-shaped hole is made over land) [end excerpt]
* "U.S. global climate change weapon called HAARP" (2010-12-31, presscore.ca) [archive.is/VQtNd] [begin excerpt]:
The HAARP United States Patent 4,686,605 states [www.sciechimiche.org/materiale_informativo_scie_chimiche/pdf/US-Patent-No-4.686.605_weather_modifications_modifiche_clima.pdf]:
“Thus, this invention provides the ability to put unprecedented amounts of power in the Earth’s atmosphere at strategic locations and to maintain the power injection level particularly if random pulsing is employed, in a manner far more precise and better controlled than heretofore accomplished by the prior art, particularly by detonation of nuclear devices of various yields at various altitudes… ” page12
“…it is possible not only to interfere with third party communications but to take advantage of one or more such beams to carry out a communications network even though the rest of the world’s communications are disrupted. Put another way, what is used to disrupt another’s communications can be employed by one knowledgeable of this invention as a communication network at the same time.” page 12
“… large regions of the atmosphere could be lifted to an unexpectedly high altitude so that missiles encounter unexpected and unplanned drag forces with resultant destruction.” page 14
“Weather modification is possible by, for example, altering upper atmosphere wind patterns by constructing one or more plumes of atmospheric particles which will act as a lens or focusing device. page 14
… molecular modifications of the atmosphere can take place so that positive environmental effects can be achieved. Besides actually changing the molecular composition of an atmospheric region, a particular molecule or molecules can be chosen for increased presence. For example, ozone, nitrogen, etc., concentrations in the atmosphere could be artificially increased.” page 14
… could also serve as a means for … focusing vast amount of sunlight on selected portions of the earth. (cause a heatwave and drought for a targeted area)
Eleven other Patents documents in detail how to make “Nuclear-sized Explosions without Radiation,” Power-beaming systems, over-the-horizon radar, detection systems for missiles carrying nuclear warheads, electromagnetic pulses (EMP) previously produced by thermonuclear weapons and other tricks – all underlaying the HAARP weapon system.
HAARP PATENTS (Assigned to APTI, Inc. Los Angeles, CA, Washington, DC)
- U.S. Patent 4686605: Method And Apparatus For Altering A Region In The Earth’s Atmosphere, Ionosphere, And/Or Magnetosphere, Issued: Aug. 11, 1987 Filed: Jan. 10, 1985. (.pdf) [is.gd/9LDNM8]
- U.S. Patent 5038664: Method For Producing A Shell Of Relativistic Particles At An Altitude Above The Earth’s Surface ~ Issued: Aug. 13, 1991 Filed: Jan. 10, 1985. (.pdf) [is.gd/KRBBwN]
- U.S. Patent 4712155: Method And Apparatus For Creating An Artificial Electron Cyclotron Heating Region Of Plasma ~ Issued: Dec. 8, 1987 Filed: Jan. 28, 1985. (.pdf) [is.gd/OqsCkP], text [archive.is/rYYoT].
- U.S. Patent 5068669: Power Beaming System ~ Issued: Nov. 26, 1991 Filed: Sep. 1, 1988. (.pdf) [is.gd/CsnXZe]
- U.S. Patent 5218374: Power Beaming System With Printer Circuit Radiating Elements Having Resonating Cavities ~ Issued: June 8, 1993 Filed: Oct. 10, 1989 [www.freepatentsonline.com/5218374.pdf]
- U.S. Patent 5293176: Folded Cross Grid Dipole Antenna Element ~ Issued: Mar. 8, 1994 Filed: Nov. 18, 1991 [www.freepatentsonline.com/5293176.pdf]
- U.S. Patent 5202689: Lightweight Focusing Reflector For Space ~ Issued: Apr. 13, 1993 Filed: Aug. 23, 1991 [www.freepatentsonline.com/5293176.pdf]
- U.S. Patent 5041834: Artificial Ionospheric Mirror Composed Of A Plasma Layer Which Can Be Tilted ~ Issued: Aug. 20, 1991 Filed: May. 17, 1990 [www.freepatentsonline.com/5041834.pdf]
- U.S. Patent 4999637: Creation Of Artificial Ionization Clouds Above The Earth ~ Issued: Mar. 12, 1991 Filed: May. 14, 1987 [www.freepatentsonline.com/4999637.pdf]
- U.S. Patent 4954709: High Resolution Directional Gamma Ray Detector ~ Issued: Sep. 4, 1990 Filed: Aug. 16, 1989 [www.freepatentsonline.com/4954709.pdf]
- U.S. Patent 4817495: Defense System For Discriminating Between Objects In Space ~ Issued: Apr. 4, 1989 Filed: Jul. 7, 1986 [www.freepatentsonline.com/4817495.pdf]
- U.S. Patent 4873928: Nuclear-Sized Explosions Without Radiation ~ Issued: Oct. 17, 1989 Filed: June 15, 1987 [www.freepatentsonline.com/4873928.pdf]
Some information about HAARP comes from documents and reports written by Zbigniew Brzezinski (former National Security Advisory to U.S. President Carter) and J.F. MacDonald (science advisor to U.S. President Johnson and a professor of Geophysics at UCLA). They wrote about the use of power-beaming transmitters for geophysical and environmental warfare. The documents showed how these effects might be caused, and the negative effects on human heath and thinking.
The following statement was made more than twenty-five years ago in a book by Brzezinski which he wrote while a professor at Columbia University:
“Political strategists are tempted to exploit research on the brain and human behavior. Geophysicist Gordon J.F. MacDonald, a specialist in problems of warfare, says accurately-timed, artificially-excited electronic strokes could lead to a pattern of oscillations that produce relatively high power levels over certain regions of the earth … in this way one could develop a system that would seriously impair the brain performance of very large populations in selected regions over an extended period”
” … no matter how deeply disturbing the thought of using the environment to manipulate behavior for national advantages, to some, the technology permitting such use will very probably develop within the next few decades.”
In 1966, MacDonald was a member of the President’s Science Advisory Committee and later a member of the President’s Council on Environmental Quality. He published papers on the use of environmental control technologies for military purposes. The most profound comment he made as a geophysicist was, “the key to geophysical warfare is the identification of environmental instabilities to which the addition of a small amount of energy would release vastly greater amounts of energy.” [...]
In another document prepared by the government, the U.S. Air Force claims: “The potential applications of artificial electromagnetic fields are wide-ranging and can be used in many military or quasi-military situations… Some of these potential uses include dealing with terrorist groups, crowd control, controlling breaches of security at military installations, and antipersonnel techniques in tactical warfare. In all of these cases the EM (electromagnetic) systems would be used to produce mild to severe physiological disruption or perceptual distortion or disorientation. In addition, the ability of individuals to function could be degraded to such a point that they would be combat ineffective. Another advantage of electromagnetic systems is that they can provide coverage over large areas with a single system. They are silent and countermeasures to them may be difficult to develop… One last area where electromagnetic radiation may prove of some value is in enhancing abilities of individuals for anomalous phenomena.” [...]
In 1966, Professor Gordon J. F. MacDonald was associate director of the Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics at the University of California, Los Angeles, was a member of the President’s Science Advisory Committee, and later a member of the President’s Council on Environmental Quality.
He published papers on the use of environmental-control technologies for military purposes. MacDonald made a revealing comment: “The key to geophysical warfare is the identification of environmental instabilities to which the addition of a small amount of energy would release vastly greater amounts of energy. ” World-recognized scientist MacDonald had a number of ideas for using the environment as a weapon system and he contributed to what was, at the time, the dream of a futurist. When he wrote his chapter, “How To Wreck The Environment,” for the book Unless Peace Comes, he was not kidding around. In it he describes the use of weather manipulation, climate modification, polar ice cap melting or destabilization, ozone depletion techniques, earthquake engineering, ocean wave control and brain wave manipulation using the planet’s energy fields. [end excerpt]
* "Pentagon now running UK military’s UFO-hunting unit – reports" (2016-09-12, rt.com) [archive.is/lWpWU]
* "British UFO files returned to National Archives for extra censorship" (2016-10-18, rt.com) [archive.is/waseu] [begin excerpt]: Long-buried files about UFO activity in the UK have been sent back to the National Archives for further censorship, despite assurances they would be released.
Authorities claim extra sanitization was needed after they noticed sensitive material had been missed which did not have a Freedom of Information (FoI) exemption - meaning it could not be released to the waiting public. [...]
Publication could now be delayed until spring 2017.
In September, it emerged a US military intelligence agency is now running the UK’s axed UFO-hunting squad from a plush building in a hidden corner of London’s stylish Soho Square.
The secretive MoD unit was scrapped in 2009. It is now reportedly run by a shadowy US colonel within a stone’s throw of the offices of 20th Century Fox – producer of many science fiction blockbusters.
Now US-funded, the group is mainly staffed by Americans but still employs a number of Britons to pore over the real-life X-Files.
According to the Express, the unidentified military official regularly visits from Washington to keep tabs on the intergalactic activities monitored from 7 Soho Square.
“There was pressure from a similar unit in the Pentagon which wanted to incorporate the MoD unit,” a military source told the Express on Sunday.
“It was decided to move the unit to Soho Square and I understand that it now has a number of American personnel.
“The relocation was even accidentally published in the MoD’s magazine, though few noticed,” the source claimed, adding that although it is now a Pentagon operation, the unit still reports “directly to the MoD.” [end excerpt]
USA Homeland's resident nations:
Nations exist alongside the Federal [archive.is/VXoPR], and State governance [archive.is/Cz2uF]. Demographic maps: 2000 [archive.is/nXHXz], 2010 [archive.is/nKbSA], religion [archive.is/XArBS]. The New Afrikan nation, and the nation of Nueva Aztlan, each have their own separate sections on this news page.
Sovereign nations of the "Indian Country", and of traditional lodges.
Map [archive.is/s4FYb]; News [indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com] [bsnorrell.blogspot.com]
* "Update on #NODAPL" (2016-10-12):
On 10/11/16, the US Army Corps of Engineers reiterated its refusal to allow work on the Dakota Access Pipeline on Federal land aroundand under Lake Oahe, which is a dammed up stretch of the Missouri River. The Corps again asked Energy Transfer (ET) to voluntarily hold offon pipeline construction within 20 miles of the lake, even though a Federal Court lifted the restraining order Sunday night.
ET ignored this requestand started working again.
On Monday, during the national holiday for Columbus Day/Indigenous People day, 29 people were arrested. Water Protectors chained themselves to equipment, and more were arrested on Tuesday 10/11. ET has hired more private security guards, and the Morton County Sheriff has called in law enforcement from other areas. People are being stopped and harassed. There is a news blackout, so it's hard to know what is happening. Lawyers are urgently needed to help the people who have been arrested.
European racial vanguards
Golden Dawn International [golden-dawn-international-newsroom.blogspot.com], European Knights Project [europeanknightsproject.com/category/ekp-news], English Asatru News [englishnews.org/news-central.html], Council of European Canadians [eurocanadian.ca], Albion's People [albionofengland.blogspot.com]. [saxonmessenger.christogenea.org]
* "Identity Evropa Nazi Fascists Snuck into San Francisco, Stayed for 15 Minutes, Then Fled" (2016-10-17, by Dave Id, Indybay.org Newswire) [archive.is/Yq783], comment: A dozen Nazis spewing hatred in a hurry. I counted at least 10 Nazis, but thousands are following them on social media. Don't underestimate them by the tiny handful they were able to gather in person today. They said they will be doing many more of these protests. In discussion with Red Ice reporters afterwards they said that short secret protests like this may be what's necessary in this climate. We'll have to adjust our own tactics of dealing with them accordingly. The video of their rally and the Red Ice discussion after is on YouTube: [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPje5YkDIEI&t=0m50s].
This is the same outfit that rallied at UC Berkeley in May [https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2016/05/15/18786407.php]. Remember these faces.
* (by HUAR, twitter.com/FireWorksBAY) [archive.is/7l6Ud]: UPDATE FROM SAN FRANCISCO. Identity Evropa members were BRIEFLY on location at San Francisco State University and the Ferry Building handing out leaflets. According to witnesses they ran at the first sign of opposition and their leaflets at SFSU were found in trash cans on site. They are claiming this was an intentional flash mob. We say they're a bunch of cowards who run at the first sign of anyone who doesn't look just like them. We do know for a fact one of them either attends or works at SFSU as they were able to reserve Malcolm X Plaza today. #NoPasaran
* "Unsure why Identity Evropa has to lie about locations to peddle their Nazi trash? Ask them yourself!" (2016-10-17, twitter.com) [archive.is/a3MBU]
* (2016-10-17, twitter.com/FireWorksBAY) [archive.is/w59D6]:
* "Everything you need to know about the Nazi anti-immigrant rally in SF and how to shut it down" (2016-10-16, itsgoingdown.org) [archive.is/S2T47]
* "Neo-Nazi Group 'Identity Evropa' Continues to Plaster SF with Posters" (2016-10-09, by Northern California Anti-Racist Action NoCARA, nocara.blackblogs.org) [archive.is/8k71q]
* "Turlock, CA: Banner dropped and flyers posted as Identity Evropa targets migrant workers in SF and Black children in Kansas" (2016-10-17, itsgoingdown.org) [archive.is/vtNXN]
* "Nathan Damigo Exposed: Identity Evropa Leader Operating Out Of CSU Stanislaus" (2016-10-09, by Northern California Anti-Racist Action NoCARA, nocara.blackblogs.org) [archive.is/aOAtK][begin excerpt]:
Nathan Damigo, Senior at CSU Stanislaus in Turkock, CA, is the leader of the up and coming Neo-Nazi group, Identity Evropa.
Recently, the president of CSU Sacramento called up the president of CSU Stanislaus, a campus located in the Central Valley town of Turlock, CA. The CSU Sacramento president, Dr. Robert S. Nelsen, was concerned and angry after discovering that a white supremacist group, Identity Evropa (IE), had pasted up a series of posters promoting themselves around the campus. Wanting to know more, Nelsen did a quick search and found that its creator was Nathan Benjamin Damigo, a man who had done 5 years in prison after carrying out a violent hate crime against a working-class Muslim cab driver. Nelsen did a database search thinking that perhaps Damigo was a local student, only to find that he was a senior not at CSU Sacramento, but at CSU Stanislaus. As it turned out, faculty at CSU Stanislaus were aware of Damigo and Identity Evropa’s presence in Turlock long before that phone call was made. When members of NoCARA spoke with faculty members while canvassing, they learned that the campus staff are well aware of the situation and know that it is Damigo putting up stickers and posters around the campus.
While Damigo has been majoring in Social Studies at CSU Stanislaus, he’s also been busy building up one of the fastest growing white supremacist groups in the US. About a week ago, Identity Evropa (IE) launched their latest campaign, “Project Siege,” which focuses on recruitment and plastering college campuses with propaganda. The imagery on Identity Evropa’s official propaganda is left intentionally obscure (closeups of greek statues, short, open-ended taglines, and the green, three-sided prism logo are some of their chosen staples), reading more as ‘generic skateboard company’ or ‘bad vaporwave band’ than ‘extremist hate group’. However, their disarming appearance does not change the fact that they are promoting and actively campaigning for the creation of an all-white, fascist, authoritarian political power.
Indeed, Damigo is interested in building a fascist movement, not just in popularizing images for online consumption through twitter. For instance, earlier this year Damigo and his circle of Neo-Nazis, white nationalists, and Trump supporters held a rally at UC Berkeley that was live-streamed by Red Ice Radio, an extremist, anti-Semitic media outlet. Damigo has worked on and off with Red Ice Radio in recent months. He reported for them at the RNC with fellow white supremacist Richard Spencer, and spoke with them at the American Renaissance conference, a gathering that presents fascist and racist ideas as ‘scientific’ and ‘biological’. All of this signals the beginnings of a new fascist movement- one that incorporates many different groups, seeks to ride the coattails of the Trump campaign, and has the potential to build something much more lasting and destructive.
Towards this end, Damigo has put a lot of work in building up Identity Evropa through putting up posters and stickers, most recently through his promotion of “Project Siege”, IE’s latest campaign. In a video published on September 27th, Damigo encouraged viewers to put up their own flyers and posters around college campuses as part of the project. “For those of you guys who want to take part, you don’t necessarily have to be a member of our organization,” Nathan urged. “We would actually invite everyone to do this; to get out to these students just what they’re not being told.”
Since the beginning, Identity Evropa has put out an excessive amount of information on social media advertising their postering exploits in various cities, which has resulted in most propaganda being quickly torn down by the public and by anti-fascists who monitor IE’s social media accounts. CSU Stanislaus, however, has only ever been mentioned by Damigo in his personal bios and in passing on a podcast with Red Ice Radio. Identity Evropa stickers and posters were found throughout the campus, but were never mentioned in the official Twitter or Facebook. The question then becomes, why has Damigo been so uncharacteristically quite about his activity on the campus?
There are several factors: First, we believe that in addition to attending CSU Stanislaus, Nathan Damigo lives in the nearby town of Oakdale, about 40 minutes north-east of Turlock. Identity Evropa’s P.O. Box is listed as being located at the Oakdale Post Office. Secondly, CSU Stanislaus is a notably diverse campus – only 26% of the student body is white. Damigo isn’t just hiding in plain site around individuals who are willing to look the other way, he is purposely avoiding drawing attention to himself in his local area because he knows it would be risky. When it comes down to it, Damigo has not publicized the Identity Evropa posters and stickers that he put up around CSU Stanislaus for one simple reason. He doesn’t want to shit where he eats.
This Tuesday, the sewage backed up right into Damigo’s toilet, and the shit got everywhere. Anti-fascists answered the call for #ProjectSiege in the form of 300 posters that went up at CSU Stanislaus. The posters detailed Damigo’s hidden past as a convicted felon in a violent hate crime, as well as his involvement in a string of hate groups before attempting to rebrand himself with Identity Evropa. After all, the students have a right to know what they’re not being told, and true to the tradition of suit-and-tie campus fascists, Damigo has an ugly side that he isn’t advertising for the world to see.
The posters littered the campus, covering community cork-boards and the shredded remains of Identity Evropa propaganda. They also appeared outside of the post office that houses IE’s P.O. box. One thing is clear: “Project Siege” is in full swing, and it isn’t the Alt Right who’s doing the sieging!
Take Action against Identity Evropa and #ProjectSiege
We call on all Anti-Fascists to join us in the fight against Nathan Damigo and Identity Evropa’s #ProjectSiege. [...]
Remember: we aren’t here to demand censorship, nor do we rely on the power of the state to stop fascism. We know that the oppressive power structures we live under aren’t on our side, and we know that our own, liberation-minded movements frighten them just as much as any fascist movement that seeks to uphold the foundations of patriarchy, colonialism and white supremacy this system is built upon. In the case of CSU Stanislaus, campus police have long worked in tandem with the administration to keep tabs on student organizers who have taken action over the years against rising fees and tuition. We don’t count on them, we look towards each other.
This is why we are interested in building our capacities for self-defense. This means coming together as people in our communities to fight back against white supremacist and Neo-Nazi organizing. It means building up organizations that can counter, with action and ideas, these movements based around repression and reaction.
Smash Fascism and White Supremacy!
* "Oppose the fascist White Lives Matter march - join us in Margate" (2016-10-19) event page [archive.is/r290Z], organizer's page [archive.is/y231u], newswire [archive.is/Fi15E]: Oppose the fascist White Lives Matter march - 22 October, Margate ---- The fascist ‘White Lives Matter' (WLM) march in Margate on 22 October will attempt to stir up racial tension in our town. The group behind this march are the Neo Nazi South East Alliance (SEA) and others. SEA consistently post White Power articles and images and from time to time feature posts in favour of Adolf Hitler! ---- SEA have recently organised ‘Unity' demonstrations in Dover. Their group is small as many of their members are either in jail for violent crimes or on bail restrictions. ---- They aim to piggyback onto the WLM group in the US - a white Supremacist organisation - to rebuild their pathetic and violent organisation after being humilated in Dover
As far as we're aware, this is the first WLM march in the UK, so it's important we ensure it's an abject failure as it discourages others to emulate them and stops them recruiting. But critically, we have to send a clear message that we will not stand idly by whilst racists and fascists are in our town attacking people of colour.
In the aftermath of Brexit, racial tensions have become inflamed. People from Eastern Europe and people of colour have borne the brunt of xenophobia and racism. We have to come together, across the community, to oppose racist marches in our town.
Northbay Uprising FM Radio News is broadcast courtesy of 89.5 FM-KZCT [OzcatRadio.com]
On Ozcat Radio, tune-in online [is.gd/kJ1EUt] for:
- The Stranger News, broadcast Thursdays, 5 to 5:30pm, featuring latest news on science, technology, space, and cutting-edge research on the mind, world history, and entheogenics!
- The Northbay UpRising Morningshow, broadcast Tuesdays, 7 to 9am, with local news, and topics on Peace, the Ecology, Do-It-Yourself ideas, and Communitarianism!
- KBBF Weekly News, broadcast Tuesdays at 8:45pm, on the Northbay UpRising morningshow!